C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

What is "Delivery Mileage"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG Coupé
What is "Delivery Mileage"

My C63 Coupe "new" from dealer had 35 miles on the clock.

What mileage was your car delivered with?
Old 03-20-2013, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by Smoker
My C63 Coupe "new" from dealer had 35 miles on the clock.

What mileage was your car delivered with?
141 for me. They drove it up from another nearby dealer.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Mine had ~50km.. A lilttle more than I expected.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:21 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Last car we bought in france came with 6km
Old 03-20-2013, 12:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Slow Vehicle
guys, receiving my coupe next week. The dealer is saying they need to do special tests on the amg cars they have and so that's why there is more mileage than normal. When I went to see it, it had 116km on it .. Is this true or all bs? May I also ask, how is their detailing? I saw a couple of scuffs from the crappy washing mitt they use when they wash it.. They said that the car will be detailed by a "professional" and that they only have 1 or 2 guys that are aloud to work on amg's. When signing, there is the shipping cost of about 2500$ and also a "platinum coat" which is 500$$!!!! I mean 500$ for wax? I can get my whole car detailed professionally for that price. I told the guy that the price is pretty steep for a wax job that probably won't even be done and he said that it's a "very special" sealant that they use. I know he's trying to use some sales techniques on me but I know my detailing work and just gets me a little frustrated. Does anyone know if they would throw in base roof rack bars with the car? They were telling me that they can sell it for cost which they claim is 400-500$ for bars only.. But online I can get oem for 300... any answers to that?
Old 03-20-2013, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Overspooled
guys, receiving my coupe next week. The dealer is saying they need to do special tests on the amg cars they have and so that's why there is more mileage than normal. When I went to see it, it had 116km on it .. Is this true or all bs? May I also ask, how is their detailing? I saw a couple of scuffs from the crappy washing mitt they use when they wash it.. They said that the car will be detailed by a "professional" and that they only have 1 or 2 guys that are aloud to work on amg's. When signing, there is the shipping cost of about 2500$ and also a "platinum coat" which is 500$$!!!! I mean 500$ for wax? I can get my whole car detailed professionally for that price. I told the guy that the price is pretty steep for a wax job that probably won't even be done and he said that it's a "very special" sealant that they use. I know he's trying to use some sales techniques on me but I know my detailing work and just gets me a little frustrated. Does anyone know if they would throw in base roof rack bars with the car? They were telling me that they can sell it for cost which they claim is 400-500$ for bars only.. But online I can get oem for 300... any answers to that?
I would say BS....both of my Black Series had under 10 miles on the clock when I took delivery. Sounds like people at the dealership just prefer joyriding the AMG's
Old 03-20-2013, 12:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63
I think I've seen youtube videos of those dealership "tests" ...
Old 03-20-2013, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 C63 AMG
Mine was 17miles
Old 03-20-2013, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Mine was 15 miles
Old 03-20-2013, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
My dealer threw in a detail which was a wash, clay bar, buff, wash, wax for free.

So.... Maybe it depends on the dealer? Otherwise I'd call bull.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
97 Porsche GT2 Wide Bodied Cabrio, Mercedes G500
Mine had 20km on it when I picked it up. Which included them taking it to the gas station for a full tank.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:51 PM

C63s now in the garage. Sold-GLA45 AMG Edition 1, Sold-2010 Mercedes C63
I had a choice of about 50 km to get the car "today" or tomorrow with about 5 km on it. The 50 km was my sales guy driving it from the dock to my dealer, the 5 km was them having it put on a flatbead the next day. I chose the "have it now" option
Old 03-20-2013, 02:25 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
dont do it!! in fact, ask them not to wash the car at all. take delivery of your car and go straight to a good reputed detailer. Detailers are the experts in detailing not dealers.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:24 PM

Slow Vehicle
Originally Posted by Sidv22
dont do it!! in fact, ask them not to wash the car at all. take delivery of your car and go straight to a good reputed detailer. Detailers are the experts in detailing not dealers.
That's what I told them, although the waxing "platinum coat" is in the price with the shipping and prepping of the car. So 500$ is already added in the price unfortunately. They already have my car at the dealership so when I went to sign they had washed it and that's where I saw the tiny scratches. I told them I wanted it 0 scratches and the 2 bigger scratches to be gone. If the car was still on the boat I would have told them not to even unwrap it but this guy said that they do tests for amg's to make sure the car is fine, which they always unwrap it. I know that's bs but I can't do anything about it. Lets just see how they polish and wax the car. I mean it's not hard to see the difference between a normal wash and a wax job. I did mention that the car was not waxed and he said not to worry and that the car will be a1.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:29 PM

Slow Vehicle
Originally Posted by jblaw
I think I've seen youtube videos of those dealership "tests" ...
Tests or burnouts in parking lots ? Hahaha
Old 03-20-2013, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
That's what I told them, although the waxing "platinum coat" is in the price with the shipping and prepping of the car. So 500$ is already added in the price unfortunately. They already have my car at the dealership so when I went to sign they had washed it and that's where I saw the tiny scratches. I told them I wanted it 0 scratches and the 2 bigger scratches to be gone. If the car was still on the boat I would have told them not to even unwrap it but this guy said that they do tests for amg's to make sure the car is fine, which they always unwrap it. I know that's bs but I can't do anything about it. Lets just see how they polish and wax the car. I mean it's not hard to see the difference between a normal wash and a wax job. I did mention that the car was not waxed and he said not to worry and that the car will be a1.
your dealer is just helping you out. giving you the car's first paint marks and blurs so you wont be over anxious once you take possession. think of that $500 as peace of mind.....
Old 03-20-2013, 03:34 PM

Slow Vehicle
Originally Posted by Fung63
your dealer is just helping you out. giving you the car's first paint marks and blurs so you wont be over anxious once you take possession. think of that $500 as peace of mind.....
Well the first time I saw it, it was dirty so they told us that the next time we come they would wash it. Looks like they went through a gas station car wash more than anything lol. Lets see how the 500$ platinum coat looks..
Old 03-20-2013, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well the first time I saw it, it was dirty so they told us that the next time we come they would wash it. Looks like they went through a gas station car wash more than anything lol. Lets see how the 500$ platinum coat looks..
sadly enough.... i would actually choose a car wash (touchless ones) over MB washing it themselves. If you look at just the microfibre clothes they use to dry the cars... it would shock you. when you wash so many cars in a day... the materials are well worn and dirty
Old 03-20-2013, 03:41 PM

Slow Vehicle
Originally Posted by Fung63
sadly enough.... i would actually choose a car wash (touchless ones) over MB washing it themselves. If you look at just the microfibre clothes they use to dry the cars... it would shock you. when you wash so many cars in a day... the materials are well worn and dirty
The one next to the dealership is isn't the touchless one though. Iv'e gone through it with my 335 and it made scratches all over the roof sides and trimming
Old 03-20-2013, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The one next to the dealership is isn't the touchless one though. Iv'e gone through it with my 335 and it made scratches all over the roof sides and trimming
oh boy.... well good luck man! hopefully they prep your car right then
Old 03-20-2013, 04:54 PM

E63 AMG S
mine had around 45 miles I believe....
Old 03-20-2013, 05:18 PM

2015 CLS63 S-AMG
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
My dealer threw in a detail which was a wash, clay bar, buff, wash, wax for free.

So.... Maybe it depends on the dealer? Otherwise I'd call bull.

Was the car new? Why would you want your new car clay bared and buffed?
Old 03-20-2013, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by Blown63
Was the car new? Why would you want your new car clay bared and buffed?
You'd be surprised just how dirty a brand new car actually is when you get down to the nitty-gritty detail. Honestly, if you're completely **** about your paint, a new car needs what most pro car detailers call a "new car prep treatment"
Old 03-20-2013, 05:34 PM

2015 CLS63 S-AMG
Originally Posted by SaphGreyC63
You'd be surprised just how dirty a brand new car actually is when you get down to the nitty-gritty detail. Honestly, if you're completely **** about your paint, a new car needs what most pro car detailers call a "new car prep treatment"
I understand the car can come pretty dirty but I would prefer to take it to a reputable detailer to get that done. Also I wouldn't personally trust my dealer, and I wouldn't want a full detail done the first day I get my car, a simple wash would do.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:01 PM

Slow Vehicle
Originally Posted by Blown63
I understand the car can come pretty dirty but I would prefer to take it to a reputable detailer to get that done. Also I wouldn't personally trust my dealer, and I wouldn't want a full detail done the first day I get my car, a simple wash would do.
I mean even after giving them 500$ for a "platinum coat" that is probably all bs, you wouldn't take it? My sales person said he doesn't want a car leaving the dealership unwaxed. And the 500$ is already included in the shipping and prepping so theres no way out of it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What is "Delivery Mileage"