C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Camshaft code after an accident?

Old 03-25-2013, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 Coupe
Question Camshaft code after an accident?

Hey guys

a month or so back my car got into a little accident while on the track. I have attached a few pics of the damage. The oil you guys see is from the Vath aftermarket coolers i installed to help with engine oil heat. it was installed just behind the front bumper.

Today i got my car back from the dealer and right as i was pulling out of the dealers a check engine light came up. we went back to see what it was and it was a camshaft code.

I just found it to be very strange since the only things that were damaged was on the body and that engine cooler right behind the front bumper.

the car drivers perfectly normal nothing strange at all. moreover, the dealers took the car on several tests to check if everything was ok and there was no issues. what do you guys think? is there something really wrong with the cam or is it a faulty sensor? what would you recommend me do?
Attached Thumbnails Camshaft code after an accident?-1image.jpg   Camshaft code after an accident?-2image.jpg   Camshaft code after an accident?-3image.jpeg  
Old 03-25-2013, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 285 Likes on 183 Posts
10 C six trizzle
well the camshaft adjusters work from oil pressure so maybe it got it had to burp the air out or something. i wouldnt worry about it if it hasnt come back.