C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

P0410 Anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Segway
P0410 Anyone?

2011 C63 just got a check engine light and pulled P0410. It says something about the secondary air injection system. Anyone else had this happen?
Old 04-11-2013, 03:32 PM

'08 w204 4MATIC.....26K OTD*COMAND*iPod*Brabus Bullit{coming soon}
SAME PROBLEM

Well this morning the same CEL came on for the P0410 problem.(AutoZone ObdII) They thing i could remember doing is using my Sports Shift yesterday and not really over revving anything. Preformance is the same. Well is says it has something to do with the Secondary Air Management System. Or that Air Management fuse/or/Relay could be bad. Or the Air Pump could be bad. i have looked up on MB sites for our W204 but nothing, only other MB's have this problem. i seen that the Check Valve could be blocked and not taking in right suction. as this Secondary only comes on at a Cold Start and this is exactly when this problem happened. its been warming up in NYC but today it was a little lower and when i turned the Key BAMMM the CEL came on.......i want to know where the AIR management fuse/or/relay is? and also where and what is the valve for that system look like?
i checked all my hoses that connect to the Air Pump(Blacck Piece) That has all the rubber hoses connected in dead center of Engine top under the lift Cover on the left side of the oil filter. and they were clean the only thing that was kinda torn was this rubber piece connected to this Silver Round piece with two little rubber hoses connected to it. i cut alittle bit and fitted it back but it was clean and CEL was still on.
where is the valve? and Fuses?
because i dont want to replace the Air Pump and that wasnt the problem its like $400. Thank you everyone who can help
Old 04-11-2013, 04:25 PM

Segway
Just got my car back last night. Dealer wasn't 100% sure they found the problem because it could be a number of things. First they checked the air pump which they said was fine then they found the right diverter valve was sticking so they replaced it. Dealer wanted me to leave the car so they could drive it around to see if the CEL popped back up. I decided to just pick it up and drive it around myself. If the CEL pops back up I will update this thread with the next fix.

My SA did say they have seen cases of the head getting clogged on higher mileage (40k+) and it will throw P0410. For reference my car has 6.5k miles 2011 and my CEL appeared on the first real warm day we have had this year.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:22 PM

'08 w204 4MATIC.....26K OTD*COMAND*iPod*Brabus Bullit{coming soon}
Problem Solved

Long story short. i replaced the right passenger side Diverter Valve because it was sticking a bit and i also replaced the Change-Over Valve, which is also on the right side with a harness plug into it, its black in color. i also cleaned out every tiny hose connected to the system with Brake Cleaner just to make sure i did a triple check for everything.... So at start up the light was still there, i let the do its thing and after 5 days and 200 miles together CEL went away after another start up and car was left over night. so far i put about 400 miles on it since CEL dissappearance. my car as currently 73,000 miles on it. i was gonna take the head off and clean off any carbon, but good thing i waited and let the car learn itself back.