From a W211 E55 to C63 and a couple Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 12:25 AM

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
a unicorn tuned p30 e63
From a W211 E55 to C63 and a couple Questions

Hello all,

I recently purchased a 09 Artic White C63 with 17k on it certified. I have always liked the look and sound of the C and always wanted to have one never thought i would own one though. The seats, steering wheel, brakes, motor and transmission is top notch, the rest of the car .....well i'll just say i liked my E55. I have spent many hours trying to read as much as possible on the car and yes, it is a rattlesnake (interior noises), it is a C class with a huge motor but to me i like the car because its pretty savage . I took it to the track and went 12.6 @111 with the car shifting at 6500 in first and like 6900 the rest of the gears. (it was owned by old people in my area and the car was never beat on. took it to the dealer and had all adaptations reset and re flashed back to basically stock and now the car is shifting at redline and hauling ***.

A couple questions.

On the E55 you could go into STAR and change things, i haven't seen one thread on that. is it possible?

do you guys experience the command/nav freezing up or needing to catch up if you try to use it within the first minute of turning the car on?

guys with h&r springs, how do you like the ride?

if there is anything i should know please tell me. im not going to start asking dumb questions about tune/lt's/intakes and such as there is plenty of info on here and everyone has an opinion.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:46 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS63S
I also came from an E55 and jumped into a C63. Congrats on the move! You will find this car is not as luxurious as the E55 seemed but the newer electronics and drivetrain make a BIIIG difference.

For your star tool question, I do not believe it is as thorough with the C63 as it is with the E55. Hell with the E55 everything was damn near controlled by the star tool.

I have H&R coils and I love them compared to stock. I would say my ride improved and definitely got a bit stiffer. A lot of people here just stick with the springs, but I wanted the ability to change my ride height.

As far as the navigation freezing up, I have never experienced that myself, I would see if the dealer will do a software upgrade on your nav to see if it helps (or if its even available).

Enjoy your car in good health and keep an eye on your coolant (im sure you already read about the headbolt issue)