CECF Charity Track Event in Daytona

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
CECF Charity Track Event in Daytona

For those that would like to join us we will be running this event Thursday and Friday of this week. There are still openings or you can come watch.
Here's the scoop.

Flat Out Drivers,

We are pleased to announce that we will be sponsoring the upcoming CECF (Celebration Exotic Car Festival) Charity track days at DAYTONA International Speedway. We are inviting all of our drivers to come out and participate.

Drive your car on the one the most famous race track in the world! For two days (April 11-12), legendary Daytona International Speedway will be ours. We will have the FULL Rolex 24 hour road course (3.56 miles), and all cars are welcome! THIS IS A CHARITY EVENT and all payments and proceeds are going DIRECTLY to the charity not Flat Out Motorsports. We are simply sponsoring the track portion of this great event.

There will be 3 run groups for this event and one of those run groups is dedicated to Ferrari Challenge cars as there will be a challenge car race. The other two groups will be for all other cars and will be split up based on driver experience and car performance potential . Each run group will get four 30 min. sessions per day. If you are planning on running One Lap of America this is your only opportunity to get out on the track and do some testing before the OLOA event. Cost for this event is $795 for 2 days and $495 for one day. REMEMBER all payments are going DIRECTLY to charity. Registration can be done at www.clubregistration.net

All cars will go through tech inspection done by Ferrari of Central FL. Please have fresh brake fluid and pads on for this event as this is the fastest track in the country. Newer tires are also extremely important, the right rear tire takes the most abuse at this track. SA2005 helmet, long sleeves and long pants are required for this event! No M-Class helmets will be allowed, no exceptions.

This is a great opportunity to drive on a world class track at a time of the year it is not usually available to the public and the best part is it's all for charity.

We have gotten a group rate of $59/night at the Quality Inn Daytona Speedway located directly across the street from the race track. Just make sure to mention Flat Out Motorsports when making your reservation to get the special rate.

Quality Inn Daytona Speedway
2250 W. International Speedway Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL.
(386) 255-3661

Track insurance for this event is available through Hayden Wood Insurance
http://haydenwood.com/hwimotors/

The track days are just one part of the the Celebration Exotics Festival. There is also a car show, rally, food & wine festival, etc... If you would like to participate in any of the other events that are part of the festival please visit www.celebrationexoticcars.com

Please feel free to invite any of your fellow track rats!!

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us @ flatoutmotorsport@gmail.com . We look forward to seeing you soon.

Drive Flat Out!

Flat Out Management
www.FlatOutMotorsports.us

Last edited by Dads C63; 04-08-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Audi RS7
Here's the information page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/2053...8518642620592/
Old 04-12-2013, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Audi RS7
We had a great time yesterday racing with some exotics!!
Had a couple of blow outs so I'm on the side lines until she gets fixed. Both were right front that gets the most abuse and down force. We are thinking that the Hoosiers are not the right tire for this weight car and Daytona. We ran Sebring a month ago with the exact same set up without one single problem. One set of tires lasted seven sessions and two full days at Sebring. These two front tires didn't last through three sessions and were new. Heat was not a problem as the temp was around 34 hot when we came in and checked them.

First one:

Second one:

Here's the first video uploaded so far. More to come. I had a little off road time in this one.

More to come.

Last edited by Dads C63; 04-12-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Looks like a great time and one hell of an expensive blow out haha. Car sounds mean
Old 04-12-2013, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
'08 C63 Estate
The second blowout looks insane.
How bad is the damage on the car? Is it just the paint?
Old 04-12-2013, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Ouch, sorry to see that Keith. Car looks like it is running strong.

Can you attribute the blow out to camber settings and banking? It appears from one of the photos the wear started on the inside edge of the tire which tells me might be camber related. Did you damage the wheel? There is a guy on here sellign a couple of brand new in the box front C BS wheels and his asking price was decent
Old 04-12-2013, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Audi RS7
Originally Posted by olszowa12
The second blowout looks insane.
How bad is the damage on the car? Is it just the paint?
So far its just the right front front fender and inner liners that need to be replaced. Everything can be fixed and put back in place.

Originally Posted by jrcart
Ouch, sorry to see that Keith. Car looks like it is running strong.

Can you attribute the blow out to camber settings and banking? It appears from one of the photos the wear started on the inside edge of the tire which tells me might be camber related. Did you damage the wheel? There is a guy on here sellign a couple of brand new in the box front C BS wheels and his asking price was decent
Jim,
We have hashed this over and over. We checked the tires front and back every session for unusual wear, rubbing, or any kind of markings and they were perfect. The temperatures were right where they needed to be. The only thing we can attribute it to is the weight of the car and the added down force in the banking. You can't imagine the down force on the car on the high banks because its huge. The only way I can explain is that its like being on a roller coaster and running through the bottom of a loop or an airplane making a quick turn upward. You feel like you weigh 500 pounds all the way around and I think the main issue is the duration of the down force. Its not just a quick turn. The Hoosiers are only rated for 1100 pounds and when you consider the weight on the front along with a few hundred pounds of down force we are exceeding that number by a wide margin. We'll figure it out.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Audi RS7
I think this is the best video of the day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIf-P...ature=youtu.be

If you can't watch the entire video or have ADD like I do you can just jump to about 12 minutes and watch the Nascar practicing with us.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Dads C63
So far its just the right front front fender and inner liners that need to be replaced. Everything can be fixed and put back in place.

Jim,
We have hashed this over and over. We checked the tires front and back every session for unusual wear, rubbing, or any kind of markings and they were perfect. The temperatures were right where they needed to be. The only thing we can attribute it to is the weight of the car and the added down force in the banking. You can't imagine the down force on the car on the high banks because its huge. The only way I can explain is that its like being on a roller coaster and running through the bottom of a loop or an airplane making a quick turn upward. You feel like you weigh 500 pounds all the way around and I think the main issue is the duration of the down force. Its not just a quick turn. The Hoosiers are only rated for 1100 pounds and when you consider the weight on the front along with a few hundred pounds of down force we are exceeding that number by a wide margin. We'll figure it out.
I am very familar with Daytona, I ran there on my Superbike several times. The forces are so strong you have to sometimes use your head/helmet as a rutter to steer the bike, especially heading down for NASCAR 4 to the Tri-Oval. Daytona was so hard on tires that Dunlop created a special "Daytona compound" tire that was harder on one half of the tire due to stress on the banking, I am sure the stresses equally hard or harder on a car.

Glad you are ok, the car can be easily repaired.

Last edited by jrcart; 04-12-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 G55, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Dads C63
I think this is the best video of the day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIf-P...ature=youtu.be

If you can't watch the entire video or have ADD like I do you can just jump to about 12 minutes and watch the Nascar practicing with us.
That was awesome!
Sorry about the damage
JV