C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

C63 Black Series (non track package)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi R8 GT
C63 Black Series (non track package)

I am debating getting a C63 BS to be my DD. I wanted to see if any of the current owners can speak to its ride quality/comfort (I know comfort is the wrong word here). I used to own a CLK 63 BS, so if possibles maybe a comparison against that car. Currently I use a Audi R8 GT as my DD, but need to get something with 4 seats and ability to haul my bicycle. I don't want to give up on having a fun car, so wanted to reach out to all the current owners to get some insight...thanks
Old 04-16-2013, 10:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'16 Lexus GS F '18 M5
4 seats and "haul my bicycle"? How about an E63 Wagon.....
Old 04-16-2013, 10:49 PM

Audi R8 GT
Just don't want something so big. I have always had coupes. Worst case, I will use the wife's care when I need to haul the bike
Old 04-16-2013, 11:23 PM

clk bs
I have one with track pkg ,great DD !! Go for it!
Old 04-17-2013, 12:23 AM

yeah its not too bad as a DD actually. A little stiff, but nothing that bad. If you're comparing to a E350 lux than yes.. harsh, but compared to your cars.. probably will seem better.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
If you want 4 true seats, you should get something else. Even a normal sized adult would be cramped, especially on the driver's side. The ride is quite firm but not jarring.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
It's slightly more comfortable than the CLK BS. My gf would refuse to ride in the CLK BS, but she's OK riding in the C63 BS.

I DD my C63 BS for 5 months of the year when there's no snow.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:54 AM

C32, 911 Carrera S(991), C63BS
The ride is firm and relatively comfortable for long drives. It is not ideal for 4 people. It is difficult to get to the back seats, especialy since the front passenger seat lacks most electronic adjustments. It takes a little time to manually move the front passenger seat to permit access to the rear.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 BS, 2011 SLS, 2014 CLS63-S
I have zero experience with the CLK (sans a ride along) so I cannot attest to its comfortability. However, I do have 1,000 miles of seat time in my CBS and find it quite comfortable. I would daily drive it if I didn't need a true 4 seater for adults. The rear seats are certainly suitable for adults, I was actually surprised by how comfortable I am in the back seat. I say go for it

BTW how do you like the R8 GT? My wife really wants one.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Too many to list
Lightbulb

My wife says I should look into a BS c63 instead of a regular c63. Do the shocks and dampers adjust, and couldn't one adjust them to more of a street drive while using as a daily driver?

Do the rear seats or whatever is back there fold down or is there a passthru for fishing poles? I know silly hu...!? My wifes likes to fish at the local piers, and doesn't care what car we are in...

With the additional power does it have a larger gas tank for more range or what is the range actual range some of you guys are getting?

Lastly, where is a good place to acquire one?
Old 04-17-2013, 11:49 PM

Audi R8 GT
Originally Posted by ced357
I have zero experience with the CLK (sans a ride along) so I cannot attest to its comfortability. However, I do have 1,000 miles of seat time in my CBS and find it quite comfortable. I would daily drive it if I didn't need a true 4 seater for adults. The rear seats are certainly suitable for adults, I was actually surprised by how comfortable I am in the back seat. I say go for it

BTW how do you like the R8 GT? My wife really wants one.
Love the GT...ride is stiff, but compliant. I like the power delivery versus the regular V10. The handling is better too, but for a DD, the regular R8 is better with the magnetic suspension. I would buy another R8 again, and I heard the new double clutch rtronic is awesome
Old 04-18-2013, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by EngleJB
Love the GT...ride is stiff, but compliant. I like the power delivery versus the regular V10. The handling is better too, but for a DD, the regular R8 is better with the magnetic suspension. I would buy another R8 again, and I heard the new double clutch rtronic is awesome
I just got a "normal" R8V10 and I love it... stole it off the lot so I had to take it. I did exhaust and ecu and the car is that much better now and the sound is unfawking believable. I added a set of GMG springs and car drives on rails and is even more neutral than my Black Series in high speed turns. You are right about the magnetic suspension.

I also have a C63 Black and its not a daily driver as mine has the "no back seat" part. I dont think you could comfortably take 4 people around in that car nor would you want to. The coil over suspension is amazing for handling but it does create chassis feedback via compression and rebound. The back seaters would not be pleased with you. Also I just dont see enough room back there; your guests would be cramped. The Black Series is the Benz to get no doubt but not as a daily, at least for me.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Vic55
I just got a "normal" R8V10 and I love it... stole it off the lot so I had to take it. I did exhaust and ecu and the car is that much better now and the sound is unfawking believable. I added a set of GMG springs and car drives on rails and is even more neutral than my Black Series in high speed turns. You are right about the magnetic suspension.

I also have a C63 Black and its not a daily driver as mine has the "no back seat" part. I dont think you could comfortably take 4 people around in that car nor would you want to. The coil over suspension is amazing for handling but it does create chassis feedback via compression and rebound. The back seaters would not be pleased with you. Also I just dont see enough room back there; your guests would be cramped. The Black Series is the Benz to get no doubt but not as a daily, at least for me.
I think you need more sweet *** cars LOL.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Vic55

r8 pics please
Old 04-18-2013, 10:29 PM

2012 C63 Black Series
Originally Posted by From M to AMG
Do the rear seats or whatever is back there fold down or is there a passthru for fishing poles? I know silly hu...!? My wifes likes to fish at the local piers, and doesn't care what car we are in...
If you get one with rear seats, they fold down
If you get one with rear seat delete, there is no pass through, nor does the shelf fold down.

And there is room for a tackle box in the trunk :p