C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Coilover install help & questions please help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
11' C63 AMG
Coilover install help & questions please help!

So last night I started to install my coilovers... the front are easy no issues and everything went smoothly

onto the rear... this is where I started to have issues..

From what side do you guys recommend dropping the control arm?

Here are the issues I had.

- Dropping it from the inside (closer to middle of the car) that bolt seems to thread out and it hits the exhaust before I can fully get it out? any reason?

- Dropping it from the brake side, got the strut bolt & sway link bolt out, the very last one, closest to the brakes was a complete PIA. Its too long and hits the caliper, i ended up removing the caliper to get it out but that was after several hours of getting nowhere. I made the mistake of trying to get this one out last and its ended up becoming crooked and just a nightmare to get out...

I called it a night just a few min ago and wont be able to get back on it until later tomorrow night.

Any insight, ideas, pictures, writeups or whatever that can make this easier is appreciated, since i need to drop the control arm to adjust the height and dont want it to take all day.

Im super frustrated but hopefully you guys have some answers,

Thanks guys
Old 04-18-2013, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
97 Porsche GT2 Wide Bodied Cabrio, Mercedes G500
You have to drop the exhaust.

When putting the screw back put it in the other way; so next time you don't need to drop the exhaust.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 429 Likes on 352 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
I did what Rsquad suggested sort of. I was able to hold the exhaust up out of the way and did not have to drop it or even loosen it. Dropping the exhaust would be the more proper method but you can do it without dropping the exhaust. I did get my driver side tips a little twisted and had to loosen the clamp and level them and the muffler back up when I was done installing the springs.