C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

A short review on my new C63

Old 04-19-2013, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 SL550
Smile A short review on my new C63

Hi guys, I'd like to share my few thoughts on my new car (2013 C63 AMG coupe). Most of you aware about the car very well but I'm writing this for people who are concerning to get a C63 in the future. I reached 760 miles and still under break-in period. Please excuse my English.

Performance & Handling:

Can't really say anything yet. I can tell more after break in. I made some quick corners and the car felt pretty stable like M3 Ride feeling is little harsh but the seats are very comfortable. Just watch out some nasty pot holes and you'll be fine.

Gas Consumption:

Before I purchased, I was very afraid because C63 is going to be my daily car and I don't have other car to drive. I had a 2013 ML350 gas version and hated it because of bad gas mileage but the car was slow as hell. Average was 17.5 mpg (50:50 city & hwy).
For C63, I haven't tried above 4500 rpm but I have been driven more aggressive than ML. Avg is 15-16 mpg. Somehow, I'm very impressed that gas mileage is getting better and better (Today, I was driving a short hwy and got 20.7 mpg. WOW!!! ). Hence, if you put on C mode and not go above 4000 rpm, it's not too bad. The gas consumption of C63 is actually better than you think. I wish the gas tank is little more bigger.

Features:

Comparing with my previous car (ML350), I'm surprised that C63 provides almost similar convenient features with ML350. I believe lighting pkg is essential to have. It looks nice and gives a nice curve illumination when you make a corner, and automatic high beams work pretty well. You can always turn off and go manually with high beams.

One feature I really like on all Mercedes cars is multi-language features on phone books and music tracks. If you hook up with your iPhone or Android phone, you can read in your language (my old cars like BMW, Audi, Lexus did not support multi-language).

I didn't get a parktronic because I didn't want to. My parktronic on ML350 often went crazy when snowing or raining. I was disappointed with a rearview camera due to no guidlines. MB, is it so difficult to put some guildlines on C class??

I have a lane tracking pkg and I really don't know it's really worth it. I love blind spot assist but dislike lane keeping assist. Vibration of steering wheel is stronger than ML350 so I feel it's more annoying.

I believe lighting, multimedia pkg, LSD are critical options to have. Other than that, it's all your preferences

Overall, I absolutely love this car and I have zero regrets. I could have waited for new M3 or C?? AMG. Perhaps new cars will be much faster and efficient but I've always loved NA engines and I know C63 engine is going to be the last NA in AMG cars. I'm planning to keep it until I get married and have a child.

Thanks for reading my review
Old 04-19-2013, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Well welcome to the AMG world!!! lol
I was a bimmer guy owning a E46 M3 and set to purchase a used M5 (previous model) until i decided one day to try the C63 for sale close to my work. And that was it. 3 weeks later i was in Houston purchasing an used white sedan!
So all i can say is you made a good choice. In regards to the gas consumption it's bad (not as bad as a lambo tho ) but again it's a AMG. Mine is a daily driver as well and I usually put 330 miles before filing my tank. Except when i stomped hard on it at every acceleration.
On the performance and handling side this car is far better than the M3 especially because of the huge torque and the amazing exhaust sound (talking about stock). Obviously you'll be able to tune it and get the maximum out of it. Brakes are really good for a daily use. You may need an upgrade if you track your car. I'm not too sure about the necessity of the LSD if you don't track the car but If you can have it from the get go that is a plus for sure.

Now put some miles on it and enjoy the ride