C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

p31 VELOS TUNE!! BLOWN AWAY!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Talking p31 VELOS TUNE!! BLOWN AWAY!

Let me start of by saying I was extremely skeptical before getting this tune on my 12 MCT P31 package coupe. I read numerous threads of ppl saying its a waste etc. To me, I thought the tune would play around with throttle mapping and thats it. I have a sprint booster/ pedal box on my car. That was the first mod i did because i always felt there was a lag in the throttle response. That mod helped the car quite a lot but i wasn't blown away. I also want to mention Customer Service was top notch, no issues, Omar took care of me.

NOW let me talk about my impressions. FIRST off this TUNE IS WORTH EVERY DAMN PENNY. The low end Torque is NUTS, i dont ever remember feeling my neck being pushed into my seat like that before. The drive in C mode has also Improved ALOT, You feel the low end torque in every gear and mode. I also drove the car before the tune and right after and there is a HUGE difference. I dont have any dynos cause i dont really care as long as i can feel a noticable improvement im happy. LET me tell you guys, you will notice the difference. IM literally in love with my new car again. Its just that good. P31 guys dont hesitate.

I should also mention i have a secondary cat and resonator delete
Old 04-19-2013, 03:17 PM

2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Aresh
Let me start of by saying I was extremely skeptical before getting this tune on my 12 MCT P31 package coupe. I read numerous threads of ppl saying its a waste etc. To me, I thought the tune would play around with throttle mapping and thats it. I have a sprint booster/ pedal box on my car. That was the first mod i did because i always felt there was a lag in the throttle response. That mod helped the car quite a lot but i wasn't blown away. I also want to mention Customer Service was top notch, no issues, Omar took care of me.

NOW let me talk about my impressions. FIRST off this TUNE IS WORTH EVERY DAMN PENNY. The low end Torque is NUTS, i dont ever remember feeling my neck being pushed into my seat like that before. The drive in C mode has also Improved ALOT, You feel the low end torque in every gear and mode. I also drove the car before the tune and right after and there is a HUGE difference. I dont have any dynos cause i dont really care as long as i can feel a noticable improvement im happy. LET me tell you guys, you will notice the difference. IM literally in love with my new car again. Its just that good. P31 guys dont hesitate.

Good to know your enjoying your tune Aresh, i got my tune last week on my 2010 c63,amazing tune,it pulls harder and smoother i even felt the exhaust note improved.
But i still want more
Old 04-19-2013, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Where'd you get your sprint booster?
Old 04-19-2013, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Tuned my P31 car last weekend! I know exactly what you mean! Enjoy it!
Old 04-19-2013, 04:13 PM

Mercedes AMG C63s
MY P30 C63 was night and day difference after I sent the ecu off to be tuned by MHP..I couldn't believe how much they are tuned down from factory..Have fun!
Old 04-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL55
lol love the enthusiasm. Congrats on the new found car! Now we need video of this beast
Old 04-19-2013, 04:48 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 C63
Enjoy my friend! I was skeptical about Velos' tune as well because there was a thread about not having much gains with their tune on a BS coupe. But I decided to go ahead and give them a go.

MY GOD, what a difference it was! I have a non-pp 09 sedan and with the Velos tune, the torque is crazy! It pulls so much harder than stock! Now I just have to get my SprintBooster and I'll be set!
Old 04-19-2013, 05:20 PM

C63
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
Where'd you get your sprint booster?
Thanks guys, im glad i pulled the trigger. For anyone wondering if the tune install is like the BMW's its not. Theres no one hr to read your ecu and another to write. Its an easy 10 minute job at most.

I had a sprintbooster on all my previous cars, this time around i went with pedal box. I cant remember what site it was but google it and you can purchase it for c63. IMO i would get the sprintbooster if i had to choose over. The settings are more adjustable with the pedal box but im pretty sure the way i have it set now is like RED mode on sprintbooster version 2. Plus the sprintbooster has a much smaller footprint.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:33 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
Reading all this makes me want to go out and get a tune!
Old 04-19-2013, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Sidv22
LOL

I can't believe you haven't tuned it yet....should be every owner's first step!

You have not experienced your C63 until you load a tune file.

We look forward to hearing your impressions!

Will be the best value for dollar of your life.

JUST DO IT!

And BTW, if you need help rationalizing the spend for yourself, the tunes improve gas mileage.

Cognitive dissonance is a beautiful thing!

Old 04-19-2013, 07:46 PM

'09 C63
I agree that the SprintBooster is better, especially for the typical daily driver. I feel that the PedalBox is geared towards racing/track days applications, where different tracks may require different throttle settings.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
I found a distributor for a Sprint Booster in South SF on eBay selling them for about $300...does that sound about right?
Old 04-19-2013, 09:49 PM

C63
I found a distributor for a Sprint Booster in South SF on eBay selling them for about $300...does that sound about right?
That's correct
Old 04-19-2013, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Cool, thanks!
Old 04-20-2013, 09:31 PM

Mercedes AMG C63s
Originally Posted by tfthach13
I agree that the SprintBooster is better, especially for the typical daily driver. I feel that the PedalBox is geared towards racing/track days applications, where different tracks may require different throttle settings.
Does the sprint booster make your car accelerate any faster? Or is it just to give ya a more old school feeling with the gas pedal? Is it really worth the $300 dollars? Im pretty curious about it. Thanks
Old 04-20-2013, 11:59 PM

'09 C63
Originally Posted by anthony02tolson
Does the sprint booster make your car accelerate any faster? Or is it just to give ya a more old school feeling with the gas pedal? Is it really worth the $300 dollars? Im pretty curious about it. Thanks
From what I understand (since I don't own one yet), it technically doesn't make your car 'accelerate' faster. It simply amps up the initial voltage on the drive-by-wire pedal, thus allowing you to reach a higher throttle response faster. For example, say you have your foot down 1/4 of the way down; with the SprintBooster (or PedalBox) that same 1/4 of the way down would equate to having the pedal 1/2 way down (an example, not exact fractions). I hope this clarifies things.

In terms of being worth it, it depends on person to person (as most things are). Some people really hate the drive-by-wire lag. Personally, I hate the lag too. But what I think makes it worth it is that allows conservative drivers to make their car faster without actually being faster. If you think about it, our engines are fast as hell already. Having the lag eliminated simply allows you to 'feel' the speed faster.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:02 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

AMG
Originally Posted by Aresh

Thanks for the kind words, enjoy in good health!
Old 04-22-2013, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
From what I understand (since I don't own one yet), it technically doesn't make your car 'accelerate' faster. It simply amps up the initial voltage on the drive-by-wire pedal, thus allowing you to reach a higher throttle response faster. For example, say you have your foot down 1/4 of the way down; with the SprintBooster (or PedalBox) that same 1/4 of the way down would equate to having the pedal 1/2 way down (an example, not exact fractions). I hope this clarifies things.

In terms of being worth it, it depends on person to person (as most things are). Some people really hate the drive-by-wire lag. Personally, I hate the lag too. But what I think makes it worth it is that allows conservative drivers to make their car faster without actually being faster. If you think about it, our engines are fast as hell already. Having the lag eliminated simply allows you to 'feel' the speed faster.
I apologize for the crude analogy here, but would that be like having 2 identical guns that would fire a round at the same speed, but one would have a lighter trigger pull than the other?
Old 04-22-2013, 02:57 PM

'09 C63
I apologize for the crude analogy here, but would that be like having 2 identical guns that would fire a round at the same speed, but one would have a lighter trigger pull than the other?
Yes? Lol.

Like I said, I don't have the device installed yet. This is purely what I heard from my indy mechanic since he has it on his car.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:53 PM

AMG
Enjoy my friend! I was skeptical about Velos' tune as well because there was a thread about not having much gains with their tune on a BS coupe. But I decided to go ahead and give them a go.

MY GOD, what a difference it was! I have a non-pp 09 sedan and with the Velos tune, the torque is crazy! It pulls so much harder than stock! Now I just have to get my SprintBooster and I'll be set!
Enjoy in good health!
Old 04-24-2013, 07:49 PM

'09 C63
Originally Posted by kenny@velos
Enjoy in good health!
Thanks Kenny! I am!

I would like to retract my statement about combining both the SprintBooster with my already done tune. There's a forum member on another thread that used both a tune and SprintBooster in his EVO X and he said it doesn't make much of a difference. So I may not end up getting the SprintBooster after all. Sorry for any misconceptions that I may have generated. :/
Old 04-24-2013, 07:56 PM

C63
I have both a tune and sprintbooster and it does make a difference. Tune generates more torque but dosent fix the lag in the pedal. This is on my c63
Old 04-24-2013, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
The real question should be wether the SB make any difference at WOT.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:22 AM

ford svt's, and C63!!!
Originally Posted by cyberorth
The real question should be wether the SB make any difference at WOT.
I would venture to say "no". I've felt the drive by wire "lag" in any car That has "drive by wire", and anything to help get those throttle blade / blades opened closer "in time" to your actual accelerator pedal hitting the floorboard would be a huge welcome imo.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:23 AM

ford svt's, and C63!!!
Originally Posted by Sidv22
X2

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: p31 VELOS TUNE!! BLOWN AWAY!