C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

EDP in 3 weeks!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63C Diamond White, BMW 325i
EDP in 3 weeks!

Hi guys! Just thought I would throw out another update before life gets super crazy again. So the whole car situation got sorted out and it was ordered to the specs that I had originally requested. With that I am leaving for my euro delivery in 3 weeks! Super stoked! Any last minute suggestions on places to see or things to do while in euro would be great! Any site or food suggestions for italy, france, switzerland or england that I should also know about? Anywho thanks for all the advice and support from the past few months boys!
Old 04-24-2013, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Hey, stranger. Glad to hear they corrected the errors in your order without delaying your trip. Make sure you take lots of photos/video and don't forget extra batteries.

Map out the route you're planning to take on Google Maps and we'll see if we can provide any fun detours.

Congrats again
Old 04-24-2013, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Finally the big day is approaching.. Have fun on ur ED trip. Take lots of pics & post them here.

I'm sure this thread will be 5 pages long by tomorrow. Lol
Old 04-24-2013, 12:31 AM

HI CoolBD! How have you been? Yes I will take plenty of pictures because I am a asian tourist like that. And pathetically I don't even know where I am driving. All I know is that I am going from stuttgart then to affalterbach for the AMG tour, then to switzerland somewhere, then austria then back to munich for drop off. Then my train expidition across europe begins. More specifically I will be visiting: florence, venice, rome, paris and london. Then finally a 4 day trip to chi-town aka chicago to get pizza. LOL. so that is roughly my itinerary.

OH and a heads up for anyone considering european delivery program there is no more buy one get one for tax only deal. I unfortunately discovered this two weeks ago when i had to buy my ticket. That sucked.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Roswell
Finally the big day is approaching.. Have fun on ur ED trip. Take lots of pics & post them here.

I'm sure this thread will be 5 pages long by tomorrow. Lol

Yess it is and thank you! I will take plenty of pics!

And I think most of the guys fascination with me is over. I think they have come to terms that I am really really a girl. But I appreciate the thought of the 5 page thread. LOL.

Hope all is well with you Roswell!
Old 04-24-2013, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Two words...Stelvio Pass. Look it up on Google Maps and make that part of your route as you go from Switzerland through the top of Italy and into Austria.

For the train expedition...looks like you could hit up some amazing museums if that strikes your fancy. I'm not sure how much time you'll spend in each day, but I imagine once you start looking up popular tourist attractions, you itinerary will fill up quickly.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:43 AM

Just looked it up! Looks amazing but my mom might pass out. She is not one for exciting routes. She doesn't even like the 17 and this looks 100x crazier. haha. Maybe for my honeymoon or something...

Yea seems like the touristy crap will be it but we have about 4 days in every place. All i know is i want gelato and crepes. I have a simple wish list.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Already! Time is really flying!
If you go Paris I suggest you to visit the Louvres, take a walk on Champs Elysee. Eat at La Duree (on Champs Elysee avenue). Check the Eiffel Tower as well. You could shop in the Champs Elysee area, 16th arr (district) or in the 1st arr (district) Rivoli st, Les Halles mall, Chatelet..
If you go London obviously Picadilly area up to Oxford st via Regent st has all the shops. Leicester Square or Soho for the clubs/restaurant. You might want to check out the London Eye as well. London is pretty eclectic. Will you be driving there? It's RHD so you drive on the left side of the road.

Well enjoy your ED
Old 04-24-2013, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
You have to go so we can live vicariously...seriously, Top Gear deemed it the best road in the world (for a time). The other road is in Romania, but that's a tad out of the way.

I'd consult TripAdvisor.com for that stuff...I mean you're in the country that invented gelato and the country that invented crepes...even bad there has to be better than what we have here.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by abcut973
If you go Paris I suggest you to visit the Louvres, take a walk on Champs Elysee. Eat at La Duree (on Champs Elysee avenue). Check the Eiffel Tower as well. You could shop in the Champs Elysee area, 16th arr (district) or in the 1st arr (district) Rivoli st, Les Halles mall, Chatelet..
If you go London obviously Picadilly area up to Oxford st via Regent st has all the shops. Leicester Square or Soho for the clubs/restaurant. You might want to check out the London Eye as well. London is pretty eclectic. Will you be driving there? It's RHD so you drive on the left side of the road.

Well enjoy your ED
Talking about this brings back memories. The Louvre would take days by itself, so ration your time. The further out from the center of Paris you get, the higher the crime gets, so just be aware.

I second the whole Regent area as well as Regents Park.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:28 AM

2013 C63 coupe PP31......BMW 330
YAY !
Old 04-24-2013, 04:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
when in england, i'm sure you will do alot of shopping. I always do i like buying the english labels, especially the ones we dont get in N.A. .. eg. jaeger ... i have pretty good experience finding rarer burberry pieces as well.

Museums are a huge must if you like that sort of thing. Touring castles are alot of fun too... i always like to imagine how life would've been in those times. but i'm not sure how long you have in england, I usually budget a few days just to satisfy the inner nerd

also, try to catch a football (soccer in NA) game if possible. The atmosphere in the stadium plus the pubfare always brings back fantastic memories. Random songs, belting out lyrics with total strangers and sharing a beer / soft drink really makes it an unique experience. (btw, I'm slightly biased towards Liverpool so hopefully you get the opportunity to visit Anfield... YNWA).

you might be in england during the champions league finals at wembley. if you are able to get tickets... that will be one of the largest sporting event for the year .. in the world.

hmm i type so much already, i'll leave the other countries for other members to provide input
Old 04-24-2013, 04:51 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 sedan
A little off the beaten path in Switzerland is Interlakken and Gimelwald. Beautiful places to visit.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by abcut973

Well enjoy your ED
Oh that sounds excellent! I think we are staying near the picadilly circus in london. Somewere in Kensington from what I remember. As for france I really appreciate the restaurant suggestion because I have been trying to research various places to eat at all the places i am going to since i am a foody. It's funny because my mom is trying to figure out where all the filipino food will be because she will probably get tired of all the other ethnic foods we will be eating. haha. But again thanks so much for all your suggestions and your reply

Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
You have to go so we can live vicariously...seriously, Top Gear deemed it the best road in the world (for a time). The other road is in Romania, but that's a tad out of the way.

I'd consult TripAdvisor.com for that stuff...I mean you're in the country that invented gelato and the country that invented crepes...even bad there has to be better than what we have here.
Haha yea Romania is a little out there. But trust me I would want to. I went on youtube and checked it out. Maybe I will save it for a later date though when my co-passanger won't try to jump out or yell at me while I am driving. haha.

Yea I have been on trip advisor it is just kind of hard because it is so overwhelming with all the opinions and all the restaurants. But you are definitely right even bad has to be better than here. haha

Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
Talking about this brings back memories. The Louvre would take days by itself, so ration your time. The further out from the center of Paris you get, the higher the crime gets, so just be aware.

I second the whole Regent area as well as Regents Park.
Thanks for the tip here as well. My mom is so paranoid already she made her own money belt and whatever else to carry our passports. haha. But I mean stuff happens so I appreciate her precautions. Hah.

Originally Posted by justdjames
YAY !
Hi!! Exactly how I feel times 100! Super YAY!!

Originally Posted by Fung63
when in england, i'm sure you will do alot of shopping. I always do i like buying the english labels, especially the ones we dont get in N.A. .. eg. jaeger ... i have pretty good experience finding rarer burberry pieces as well.

Museums are a huge must if you like that sort of thing. Touring castles are alot of fun too... i always like to imagine how life would've been in those times. but i'm not sure how long you have in england, I usually budget a few days just to satisfy the inner nerd

also, try to catch a football (soccer in NA) game if possible. The atmosphere in the stadium plus the pubfare always brings back fantastic memories. Random songs, belting out lyrics with total strangers and sharing a beer / soft drink really makes it an unique experience. (btw, I'm slightly biased towards Liverpool so hopefully you get the opportunity to visit Anfield... YNWA).

you might be in england during the champions league finals at wembley. if you are able to get tickets... that will be one of the largest sporting event for the year .. in the world.

hmm i type so much already, i'll leave the other countries for other members to provide input
Hi Fung! thanks for all your suggestions they sound awesome! I have about 4 days and 3 nights in london so I honestly don't know how many things I can honestly squeeze out of my trip there but so far it is just the circus, buckingham, tower of london and a shopping trip at Harrod's. Is there any thing else you would suggest? Especially food wise? I have been trying to find a good fish and chip place. haha. And my mom on the other hand she has been looking for asian food, more particularly filipino. Any suggestions on that end would be great!

Originally Posted by Thrilla
A little off the beaten path in Switzerland is Interlakken and Gimelwald. Beautiful places to visit.
I am actually stopping by Gimelwald. I am staying at the Alpenhof. I was suppose to stop by the Interlakken but my itinerary got messed up because May 20 is a holiday in Germany so I have to pick my car up on May 21 instead so I lost a day and I lost my visit to Interlakken as well. hah. But thanks for the suggestions