C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

"another" IRS alignment question, sorry.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ford svt's, and C63!!!
"another" IRS alignment question, sorry.

I hear everyone talk about dialing "out" a bit of toe-in on the rear of these cars for more life out of the rear tires. How about getting rid of a bit of negative camber so the rear tire sits on the road al least a little bit more perpendicular, for straight-line acceleration traction. If I happen to make black marks on the roadway "purely accidental" they obviously sit on the insides of both rears, and the outsides barely leave a mark.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 429 Likes on 352 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
You will need aftermarket parts to adjust rear camber. There are adjustable upper links that are available but don't know who makes them. Also K-MAC in Australia makes adjustable bushings for the rear.

http://www.k-mac.com.au/
Old 04-27-2013, 12:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ford svt's, and C63!!!
Thanks Mort, you answered my next question. "is the rear camber even adjustable" thank you sir.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by skaarlaj
I hear everyone talk about dialing "out" a bit of toe-in on the rear of these cars for more life out of the rear tires. How about getting rid of a bit of negative camber so the rear tire sits on the road al least a little bit more perpendicular, for straight-line acceleration traction. If I happen to make black marks on the roadway "purely accidental" they obviously sit on the insides of both rears, and the outsides barely leave a mark.
No factory camber adjustment in the rear (or front for that matter). You need rear upper adjustable control arms. ACG in San Diego has them. For the front you need camber (crash) bolts. Any good alignment shop should have those. I've heard KMac's are not reliable.