C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

New AMG owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
New AMG owner

Hello, new AMG owner here. Wanted to check in and find some answers I have been looking.

Took delivery of c63 sedan 2013 white/black. Car is mental so far and I cannot wait to break it in.

Some questions I have if anyone can chim in.. I would really appreciate it

1. Any venders or sites selling Diamond white reflectors? Worse case scenario I was thinking of buying another set if amber reflectors and having them painted same color white?

2. I cannot find aftermarket lowering springs for sedans?

3. I have been researchin and a handful of c63 owners go to a muffler shop and delete their cats or add an x-pipe? It is cheap yes but the drone backfires and sound is obnoxious. Question is, any performance benefit?

4. Anyone here try the charcoal delete? 2013 models giving CEL warnings? Is this worth it with a drop in filter?

5. Driving settings: "C," is comfort. "s" is sport? "S+" is aggressive sport? Also I cannot engage the "rs" mode why?

6. Pressing the traction control once enables better steering? Hiding it for long completely takes traction off?

I know some of these are amateur questions but please bare with me. It is my first AMG and I am loving it so far.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
I hope this will help. I'm no expert but learn a lot on this forum from other threads/members.
Welcome and enjoy the beast!!!

Originally Posted by Char_AMG
Hello, new AMG owner here. Wanted to check in and find some answers I have been looking.

Took delivery of c63 sedan 2013 white/black. Car is mental so far and I cannot wait to break it in.

Some questions I have if anyone can chim in.. I would really appreciate it

1. Any venders or sites selling Diamond white reflectors? Worse case scenario I was thinking of buying another set if amber reflectors and having them painted same color white?

I got mine from evosport last year. Not too sure if they are still in business. But basically they painted OEM reflectors the color you wanted.

2. I cannot find aftermarket lowering springs for sedans?

H&R springs are the only one available for our car. They fit coupes and sedans.

3. I have been researchin and a handful of c63 owners go to a muffler shop and delete their cats or add an x-pipe? It is cheap yes but the drone backfires and sound is obnoxious. Question is, any performance benefit?

Check Mike power pipe. It is perfect if you want a bit of power and an improve AMG sound. No droning at all. Plus it's inexpensive!
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...uy-thread.html

4. Anyone here try the charcoal delete? 2013 models giving CEL warnings? Is this worth it with a drop in filter?

I didn't try it yet but the CEL popping up is pretty random. Some guys have it some don't. If you go with AFE Pro S dry filter you shouldn't have any issues in my opinion. Then it's all down to the way you seal your airboxes when installing the new filters.

5. Driving settings: "C," is comfort. "s" is sport? "S+" is aggressive sport? Also I cannot engage the "rs" mode why?

I drive an 09 sedan so i cannot confirm the RS mode ( i think it's the race start feature).

6. Pressing the traction control once enables better steering? Hiding it for long completely takes traction off?

Pressing once is ESP sport which reduces slightly electronic traction control by something like 30%. It means you end up doing more wheel spinning and have slightly more control of the car.
Pressing more than 5sec takes the ESP off.

I know some of these are amateur questions but please bare with me. It is my first AMG and I am loving it so far.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
abcut seemed to answer everything.

RS. mode needs specific parameters to be activated.

1. Engine needs to be warmed up.
2. Need to be in S+ mode
3. ESP has to be in SPORT mode
4. Need to be on a level surface (this is debatable)
5. Push brake all the way down (don't activate HOLD mode)
6. Turn to RS mode
7. Will ask if you want RS mode on the screen. Paddle up to confirm.
8. Instantly keep left foot on brake and floor the gas pedal with right.
9. RPMS will hold at a set RPM, once there release and enjoy.

Motortrend (I believe) was consistently getting 0-60 times of 3.9 seconds every time using RS with a stock P31 coupe.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Many of your questions have been answered, and some of them, very recently. I'd strongly recommend you search this subforum.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
Many of your questions have been answered, and some of them, very recently. I'd strongly recommend you search this subforum.
Don't get me wrong, i hate seeing multiple threads of the same thing over and over but not everyone frequents the site as often as I do (multiple times a day). So for someone like me it could be very hard to find the info they want especially with search function on this site (never been a fan of it).

That being said it might be easier to just ask and hope someone responds to your questions.

I'm about to do that for a buddy of mine who has an M3. Going to go post because I have about ten different questions I need answered. One being about tunes for an M3. After searching 2 different forums and using search functions and reading a number of threads (I think I spent about an hour or so on this subject), I still don't feel I got the answer that I was looking for.

Basically what I am saying is sometimes when you have specific questions like the OP had, its just easier to ask them all at once and hope you find someone or some people with the answers. I hope that's what happens when I post. Would certainly save me a ton of time and keep things concise.

P.S. I think you were referring to the thread with all the talk about launch control.....
Old 04-30-2013, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by abcut973
I hope this will help. I'm no expert but learn a lot on this forum from other threads/members.
Welcome and enjoy the beast!!!

Thank you!

Originally Posted by SaphGreyC63
abcut seemed to answer everything.

RS. mode needs specific parameters to be activated.

1. Engine needs to be warmed up.
2. Need to be in S+ mode
3. ESP has to be in SPORT mode
4. Need to be on a level surface (this is debatable)
5. Push brake all the way down (don't activate HOLD mode)
6. Turn to RS mode
7. Will ask if you want RS mode on the screen. Paddle up to confirm.
8. Instantly keep left foot on brake and floor the gas pedal with right.
9. RPMS will hold at a set RPM, once there release and enjoy.

Motortrend (I believe) was consistently getting 0-60 times of 3.9 seconds every time using RS with a stock P31 coupe.
So RS is intended for Launch control purposes only? Also where does the RPM hold before the launch, 3.5k? For example.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03

Originally Posted by SaphGreyC63
Don't get me wrong, i hate seeing multiple threads of the same thing over and over but not everyone frequents the site as often as I do (multiple times a day). So for someone like me it could be very hard to find the info they want especially with search function on this site (never been a fan of it).

That being said it might be easier to just ask and hope someone responds to your questions.

I'm about to do that for a buddy of mine who has an M3. Going to go post because I have about ten different questions I need answered. One being about tunes for an M3. After searching 2 different forums and using search functions and reading a number of threads (I think I spent about an hour or so on this subject), I still don't feel I got the answer that I was looking for.

Basically what I am saying is sometimes when you have specific questions like the OP had, its just easier to ask them all at once and hope you find someone or some people with the answers. I hope that's what happens when I post. Would certainly save me a ton of time and keep things concise.

P.S. I think you were referring to the thread with all the talk about launch control.....
Exactly, I hate the search option here. I joined this site in 2011 with currently 5 posts. So it makes sense to ask.

I just need to know where I can get color matched reflectors.

Thank you all again.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Yeah, RS is "Race Start" which is the launch program. It is not another transmission "mode" so to speak. Just launch control. I'm not actually sure where the RPMs hold but I am THINK its adjustable.