car audio shop in west LA area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
car audio shop in west LA area?

it's been a while since i've had amps and subs in my cars, so i'm at a loss. anyone know of any good car audio shops in WLA? some place with a good selection and decent pricing. i am just looking for some more bottom-end (probably an amplified sub), not to build a competition-grade bass pumper.

thanks.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Anyone have experience with Al & Ed's on La Cienega or with Audio 2000 on Olympic? I am mostly trying to find a shop that will be able to install an amplified sub without leaving my dash with more rattles than it does now ...
Old 05-06-2013, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 C300
i've heard good things about Find It All Car Stereo (http://www.yelp.com/biz/find-it-all-...-los-angeles-2) from guys on the nonamg w204 forum
Old 05-06-2013, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by mmike
i've heard good things about Find It All Car Stereo (http://www.yelp.com/biz/find-it-all-...-los-angeles-2) from guys on the nonamg w204 forum
Thanks for the link. Exactly what I was looking for to do a subwoofer installation and some "countermeasure" wiring.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KTM 200 xcw
Doing the install yourself isn't hard at all if you have some general knowledge on the matter. I was really concerned and held back doing it myself for only (1 week) I called a reputable high end auto A/V shop and got there quote, didn't like it and didn't think that something so simple should cost $1000.00, so then I finally said screw it and started working on it myself.

With only very few "diy" threads here on this topic, I searched and read through all of them but ended up using this one primarily https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...r-install.html

The information given here was sufficient enough for me to spend a few hours and then I had my stereo the way I want it to be (although I do plan to ditch the 10" JL for a 12" JL sub just b/c I want a tad more from it.

I ended up at the nearest to me audio shop, had them build me a box for a 10" JL sub, it's just a square box, doesn't really have to fit anything in particular really, just as long as it had the correct air space. I can easily remove it, or I could just as easily place it in another vehicle. Bought a nice amp that would more than do the job, and a LOC, took it all home and just took my time doing the work.

Good luck and I think it would be better and more appreciated if you just did it yourself. Learn your car and push yourself to figure something out.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
So I used Find It All last week. I was very explicit about my expectations (as I always am when someone is working on the interior of the car - both sides in this case) and the installers did an excellent, professional job. I'd characterize the pricing as very fair for the work performed, not high and not low. If you need a deluxe waiting room and whatnot this is probably not the place for you but I was very pleased with the outcome and will have them do another job for me in the fall. Internet, coffee and food is across as well as up the street.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jellis102.com
Good luck and I think it would be better and more appreciated if you just did it yourself. Learn your car and push yourself to figure something out.
I hear ya jellis. I do tons myself on my cars but this was not the time or place for that. Too much other stuff going on.