C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

I SOLD MY TAILLIGHTS....STUPID POST OFFICE !

Old 05-08-2013, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
I SOLD MY TAILLIGHTS....STUPID POST OFFICE !

well i finally sold my oem taillights to a guy in Canada . i take the package to Postal Annex on 4/8/13 because they take care of all my shipping needs . their system was down for shipping international through Fedex or UPS , so i am stuck with USPS . i track the package on the 9th and it shows to be leaving the main sort facility here in El Paso . well , this is where it gets

for the next week or so , i track the package only to get the same tracking info about leaving the sort facility here in El Paso . i call USPS and they tell me that even though i have a tracking # , USPS is not obligated to scan the package . if i see a scan , it is a courtesy scan and not a required scan . what a joke !

i finally see a scan on the 19th and it says that the package was undeliverable and that it was returning to the sender . i ask the buyer to contact Canada Post and see what he finds out . he tells me that they could not deliver because the address given was incorrect . keep in mind , it's the exact same address he gave me by text , so i used that . well , i find out that he didn't give me a unit # for his apartment . i ask him about it and he tells me that his apartments are gated and that the post office delivers all the packages to the main office or keep them at the sort facility for pick up .

so , while i'm waiting for the package to return to me , i check the website and there is a scan that shows the package was refused on the 30th . i contact the buyer and he says that he hasn't refused anything

well , i get the box back at my front door 2 days ago and it looks like the post office kicked the package all the way to Canada . 6 of the 8 corners of the box are crushed in and 2 sides have huge tears in it . i open the box to check the lights and the bottom point of both lights , near the bottom of the trunk , are chipped and broken . now i have 2 lights that i can't sell , the customer doesn't get the deal i gave him and i am stuck trying to file a claim with USPS .

if you guys ship anything , never use the post office

i will pay double or triple the price for shipping if i never have to use the post office again

had to vent........thanks for listening
Old 05-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Use me next time! Fedex 3-Day for USPS price!
Old 05-08-2013, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Did u buy insurance?
Its no wonder the post office is hemorraging money
They have a old antique way of functioning as a business. They are still stuck in the mindset of govt worker mentality. Ironic since they dont receive tax dollars and operate almost a business much like FedEx or UPS.

However i have found USPS to be quite reliable.
I always buy insurance, i always buy the required packaging, I always buy tracking, and i make sure the buyer pays for it.

Ive shipped car parts to chille, new zealand, and iceland without any hiccups
Old 05-08-2013, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63S Wagon
man that sucks! Hope you can be compensated for this!
Old 05-08-2013, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
Use me next time! Fedex 3-Day for USPS price!
this is right before i found out about your help .

Originally Posted by moosejaw
Did u buy insurance?
Its no wonder the post office is hemorraging money
They have a old antique way of functioning as a business. They are still stuck in the mindset of govt worker mentality. Ironic since they dont receive tax dollars and operate almost a business much like FedEx or UPS.

However i have found USPS to be quite reliable.
I always buy insurance, i always buy the required packaging, I always buy tracking, and i make sure the buyer pays for it.

Ive shipped car parts to chille, new zealand, and iceland without any hiccups
i always get insurance on all the stuff i ship . i can tell you from many first hand experiences that they have the most **** poor customer service ever . my mailman that goes to my house is a complete *** and the workers at my local post office are absolutely useless . they should cut mail back to 3 times a week and see if that wakes some people up .

Originally Posted by noodleman
i'm sure i will but the question is how long will it take ? if it's anything like their service , i should get it by 2015
Old 05-08-2013, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
Hey moosejaw, this is offtopic but who is that girl on your sig?
Old 05-08-2013, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
USPS just lost our Ballet tickets. I think I've had more trouble with USPS than UPS, FedEx, and DHL combined. I really hope your package was insured.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63S Wagon
^^^ obv nsfw vid, her name is Remy LaCroix
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy0kY2DzsA4
getting rid of the thumbnail so you don't see a giant *** when you look at the thread lol.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
lol
Old 05-08-2013, 02:50 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63
I believe that would be Remy Lacroix. Don't ask how I know
Old 05-08-2013, 02:52 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63
Whoops, somebody already beaten me too it. My phone is kinda slow to update.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by noodleman
No, he won't be compensated unless insurance was purchased at the time of buying the postage.

Also, just as moosejaw said, as a USPS user myself I've found it actually quite reliable. It's not worse nor better than UPS/FedEx, (well, except UPS does have a very convenient LTL freight service and USPS' Saturday delivery is amazing in getting customer's satisfaction). But several years of experience has taught me good lessons. Buying insurance for anything over $100 is a good investment and essential to avoiding loss such as this case. Besides, you can always pass the insurance charges to the customer.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 SLS AMG, 2009 SL63 AMG, 2008 C63 AMG(SOLD)
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
well i finally sold my oem taillights to a guy in Canada . i take the package to Postal Annex on 4/8/13 because they take care of all my shipping needs . their system was down for shipping international through Fedex or UPS , so i am stuck with USPS . i track the package on the 9th and it shows to be leaving the main sort facility here in El Paso . well , this is where it gets

for the next week or so , i track the package only to get the same tracking info about leaving the sort facility here in El Paso . i call USPS and they tell me that even though i have a tracking # , USPS is not obligated to scan the package . if i see a scan , it is a courtesy scan and not a required scan . what a joke !

i finally see a scan on the 19th and it says that the package was undeliverable and that it was returning to the sender . i ask the buyer to contact Canada Post and see what he finds out . he tells me that they could not deliver because the address given was incorrect . keep in mind , it's the exact same address he gave me by text , so i used that . well , i find out that he didn't give me a unit # for his apartment . i ask him about it and he tells me that his apartments are gated and that the post office delivers all the packages to the main office or keep them at the sort facility for pick up .

so , while i'm waiting for the package to return to me , i check the website and there is a scan that shows the package was refused on the 30th . i contact the buyer and he says that he hasn't refused anything

well , i get the box back at my front door 2 days ago and it looks like the post office kicked the package all the way to Canada . 6 of the 8 corners of the box are crushed in and 2 sides have huge tears in it . i open the box to check the lights and the bottom point of both lights , near the bottom of the trunk , are chipped and broken . now i have 2 lights that i can't sell , the customer doesn't get the deal i gave him and i am stuck trying to file a claim with USPS .

if you guys ship anything , never use the post office

i will pay double or triple the price for shipping if i never have to use the post office again

had to vent........thanks for listening
Just go with DHL. That what I use for international shipping. Never had a single problem. Going cheap isnt always a smart move like you experienced
Old 05-09-2013, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by balthaser
No, he won't be compensated unless insurance was purchased at the time of buying the postage.

Also, just as moosejaw said, as a USPS user myself I've found it actually quite reliable. It's not worse nor better than UPS/FedEx, (well, except UPS does have a very convenient LTL freight service and USPS' Saturday delivery is amazing in getting customer's satisfaction). But several years of experience has taught me good lessons. Buying insurance for anything over $100 is a good investment and essential to avoiding loss such as this case. Besides, you can always pass the insurance charges to the customer.
like i put in my reply post , i did get insurance and always do.....it's just the fact that i have to file a claim with the good ole' USPS and see how long it takes to get my money back

Originally Posted by SLS Qatar
Just go with DHL. That what I use for international shipping. Never had a single problem. Going cheap isnt always a smart move like you experienced
going cheap

i wrote in the original post that Postal Annex system was down for international shipping with UPS and Fedex so i was stuck with USPS . there's a reason i strongly dislike the post office and i remembered why when i got the package back at my door .

99.9% of the time , i ship UPS or Fedex