Newbie C63 Tuning Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 11:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Mercedes C63 AMG (P31)
Newbie C63 Tuning Question

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum as I just purchased a 2013 Diamond White P31 C63 with LSD. I love the car, although still getting used to the MCT tranny. I'm not quite through break-in period yet (600 miles) but after about 3k, I'd like to throw on an IPE Innotech exhaust system. I've read in several threads that I will need a tune after the exhaust install. I am very unfamiliar with tunes so please bear with me. Couple questions:

1. I was planning on getting an OE tune. Does OE custom map their ECU flash for this particular exhaust setup? Or can i just send in my ECU and be fine with what they send back with their generic flash?

2. If I order an ECU pre-exhaust, will I have to send the ECU back after the exhaust gets put on for a re-map?

Any help is appreciated as the search function still has me asking these basic questions.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 CLS63 S-AMG
Originally Posted by TampaBayC63
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum as I just purchased a 2013 Diamond White P31 C63 with LSD. I love the car, although still getting used to the MCT tranny. I'm not quite through break-in period yet (600 miles) but after about 3k, I'd like to throw on an IPE Innotech exhaust system. I've read in several threads that I will need a tune after the exhaust install. I am very unfamiliar with tunes so please bear with me. Couple questions:

1. I was planning on getting an OE tune. Does OE custom map their ECU flash for this particular exhaust setup? Or can i just send in my ECU and be fine with what they send back with their generic flash?

2. If I order an ECU pre-exhaust, will I have to send the ECU back after the exhaust gets put on for a re-map?

Any help is appreciated as the search function still has me asking these basic questions.
To make your life easy go with a tuner that has a handheld device, they can easily send you tunes (custom to your exhaust) via email that you can upload to you device and tune your car with in minutes.

You don't necessarily NEED a tune for an exhaust but you will gain more power if you did, but you will not throw a cel light or have any problems if you weren't running a tune. Our cars are de-tuned so would definitely recommend tuning it especially since now tuners have the portable handheld devices. Good luck, enjoy your new beast
Old 05-23-2013, 11:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Mercedes C63 AMG (P31)
Thanks! Do you suggest any particular tuners that offer the handheld device? I've actually never heard of this so I apologize in advance for my ignorance.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 CLS63 S-AMG
Originally Posted by TampaBayC63
Thanks! Do you suggest any particular tuners that offer the handheld device? I've actually never heard of this so I apologize in advance for my ignorance.
No worries, I went with Eurocharged they are great guys and wonderful to work with. I am not sure who else has the handheld devices but I would recommend doing some researcher on the different tuners so you can decide for your self. Don't just listen to what I or people tell you because of course we all have our opinions and when it comes to tuners it can become a sensitive topic. Here are some tuners Eurocharged/OE/Weistec/Velos, Kleemann

I actually have a Eurocharged handheld device if you decide to go that route. fyi
Old 05-23-2013, 01:53 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by Blown63
No worries, I went with Eurocharged they are great guys and wonderful to work with. I am not sure who else has the handheld devices but I would recommend doing some researcher on the different tuners so you can decide for your self. Don't just listen to what I or people tell you because of course we all have our opinions and when it comes to tuners it can become a sensitive topic. Here are some tuners Eurocharged/OE/Weistec/Velos, Kleemann

I actually have a Eurocharged handheld device if you decide to go that route. fyi
We have our handheld tuner and tune on sale now for $999. You can flash between stock and tuned whenever you want without help for us, and we can always just email you a new file if you change mods!
Old 05-23-2013, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
dude IM in tampa and would like to meet up and see ur ride in person ! im sure she is beautiful. Enjoy
Old 05-24-2013, 02:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Tampa, try the handheld tuner (Eurocharged or OE) are very good. Eurocharged offers pretty much as many tunes as you want. If you were in Southern Cal, OE makes stops as all its Socal dealers and will tune for you on the spot. However, be aware the handheld tuner (Dimsport) my not work on your car. Nothing is wrong. Its just some weird MBZ glitch. All is not lost as the CPU can be pinned (out of the car but not cracked open).