need advice and opinions on possible mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
'10 C63
need advice and opinions on possible mods

a couple of weeks ago i was involved in a 3 car accident. https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-hump-day.html

need some advice on possible parts i can get. i've searched around and i don't think i've found definite answers but here is what i think i know.

parts that will likely need to be replaced

front bumper cover, grill, rear bumper cover, carbon fiber diffuser, exhaust rear section (driver side has it's own piece in the oem exhaust but since mine is one piece, i would need to pick up a new one.)
-------------------------

info i got from an estimate (oem parts), without labor costs included

front bumper - $1100
grill - $416
muffler assembly lt - $900
rear bumper - $600
----------------------------

ideas for possible replacements

replace front bumper, rear bumper, front grill, with new facelift bumpers.
(not sure about front fitment and what adjustments need to be made)
(also not sure about new facelifted led lights and how they would work)

would need new CF diffuser to fit new rear bumper. not sure of how many designs are out there for the facelifted rear bumper.

dtm front bumper, and keep rear bumper same or go with facelifted version.
------------------

another idea... i'm thinking if i get the full replacements... maybe i can still keep the front bumper and rear bumper and have them fixed at a decent price and sell them or keep them. i wonder if they would fit the non-amg c class... i think even the diffuser can be repaired and it would just be a big fin diffuser for somebody... or paint everything and leave the fins CF...
Old 05-24-2013, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
you should have claimed the exhaust was OEM and got more money out of it....and then reordered something else and have money left over

i would say DTM front bumper and maybe facelift rear bumper

OEM bumpers won't fit non-AMG cars.....unless they have a good body and paint guy
Old 05-24-2013, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
you should have claimed the exhaust was OEM and got more money out of it....and then reordered something else and have money left over

i would say DTM front bumper and maybe facelift rear bumper

OEM bumpers won't fit non-AMG cars.....unless they have a good body and paint guy
if the guy had hit the right side, the oem part would have probably cost more... but the left side is cheaper... and having them pay for my aftermarket one will be more.

i like the dtm front but wasn't sure about how the led set up works on it. getting it straight from revozport i didn't know whether it was plug and play.

i also wasn't sure if the facelift bumper with led would work either. i like the factory led look vs the fog lights.

oh well, if it doesn't fit non-amg, i can still find out how much it'll cost to repair and see if it'll be worth keeping spares... i think the diffuser would fit though right?
Old 05-24-2013, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
i've always liked the vorsteiner front spoiler as well.. maybe keep the front bumper, and get this front spoiler.... and a new grill... would the facelift front grill fit?

and for the rear... go with the facelift rear bumper and a vorsteiner diffuser...