C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Info on installing a C63 Black Series kit

Old 06-06-2013, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Info on installing a C63 Black Series kit

Hi guys!

I own a C63 Coupe and am following up on some information on installation of a C63 Black Series kit.. I've seen a few that have been done on the forums and am interested.. but have one concern - how do you install the rear quarter panel? I don't necessary want to cut the existing rear quarter..

I know there's various options like buying all OEM parts or SGA - I understand with SGA you have to cut the rear quarter panel above the rear window to install.

If I went the OEM route would I need to cut or would the OEM piece be the full piece all the way over the windows?

Any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Stoff
Old 06-07-2013, 11:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 AMG coupe conversion to black series
For the SGA kit, you just need to cut the rear panel around the wheels to free up the space for bigger wheels. If you do it with OEM parts, then you will need to cut the rear panel just above the window.
I posted some picture on my thread of the work that has been done. Here is the link: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...onversion.html
Old 06-10-2013, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe BS Conversion
Will need to cut here with OEM rear fenders.
Attached Thumbnails Info on installing a C63 Black Series kit-rear-quarter-large-.jpg  
Old 01-18-2014, 03:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
car shopping
I dont understand the SGA kit either, I've searched for SGA install photos with no success, anyone have any luck? I guess I have no problem with a qualified body guy cutting the whole rear quarter and replacing it with a OEM one, but Craiger mentioned that it wasn't exactly that easy because it needed additional mounts fabricated.

Last edited by NJC63Fan; 01-18-2014 at 03:30 PM.