C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

2011+ euro spec mirror retrofit

Old 06-11-2013, 05:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
W204 C63 R171
2011+ euro spec mirror retrofit

Before everyone chimes in and says its plug and play its not the case... I have bought two different sets of mirrors. Each had issues. This set I got from a trustworth memeber here since I got screwed the first time he went out of his way to help me out... he tested the mirrors on his car in europe they work perfectly.

I installed the mirrors on my car this morning they work but not 100% everything works fine manually, ie folding, blinking, movement. I tested the heating and dimming with Xentry and its all working fine.

Here is where the problem lies... the memory will not work either by manually programming it in the car by pressing m and then a number button for the mirrors or with Xentry its just displaying 0 for the position.

Second problem is its throwing these codes

I am betting I need euro spec door modules anyone one else run into this ... maybe a software update??

btw I think Canadian cars have different options then american when it comes to mirrors.

Last edited by andrew c230k; 06-11-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Got mine from Europe too and only the folding and memory features do not work. Since my car is US spec the folding was not existing prior. I'm not too sure about the memory tho as i don't remember (will have to test it).
I was thinking i could get these two working via programming . Will check next time i'll pay a visit to the dealership.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
I had a similar issue when I installed the euro facelifted mirrors. The passenger side mirror had no memory and did not tilt in reverse. I took out the motor from my old one and installed it on the new one. Had to do some rewiring as my stock mirror had more wires probably to support the memory function etc. Hope this helps.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:41 PM

W204 C63 R171
Originally Posted by abcut973
Got mine from Europe too and only the folding and memory features do not work. Since my car is US spec the folding was not existing prior. I'm not too sure about the memory tho as i don't remember (will have to test it).
I was thinking i could get these two working via programming . Will check next time i'll pay a visit to the dealership.
I think you probably need a new door switch with the folding button and new door modules.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by andrew c230k
I think you probably need a new door switch with the folding button and new door modules.
Yeah got the door switch including the folding button but does not work. That is why i thought about programming. Didn't think about the door modules tho
Old 06-12-2013, 03:48 PM

W204 C63 R171
I just picked up the latest door module from 2012 and it does nothing connected to my car I am going to fire up xentry and see what its saying.

Since you have euro spec ill let you know if i find out a solution to my problem it should also make everything your looking to do possible as well

Last edited by andrew c230k; 06-12-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
i got a set cheap because someone cut the wires. took a bit of work but was able to pretty much put all of the electronic components of my 09 mirrors into the new ones so then it was plug and play. they never did fold but everything else worked.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:48 PM

'09 C63 P30 Eurocharged
Well this'll be interesting. I have euro spec mirrors on the way, so I'm curious what comes of this.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:11 PM

W204 C63 R171
We figured what the problem is... they don't have the memory feature built into the mirror.
The mirror motor is a standard motor and it wont allow the memory feature to work.

I may have an obsidian black set of mirrors up for sale shortly if your looking to upgrade your w204 to face lift mirrors with auto dim drivers side, heated and folding. Let me know.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:33 PM

'09 C63 P30 Eurocharged
We figured what the problem is... they don't have the memory feature built into the mirror.
The mirror motor is a standard motor and it wont allow the memory feature to work.

I may have an obsidian black set of mirrors up for sale shortly if your looking to upgrade your w204 to face lift mirrors with auto dim drivers side, heated and folding. Let me know.
Just to clarify... the only feature that didn't work is the memory function (as in you press M1 or M2 and the mirror moves to where that mirror position/seat memory combo was saved to)

Otherwise, can you please verify that these work properly for our Canadian cars:

1. Folding on door lock
2. Blinking on signal
3. Heating
4. Tilt-Down on Reverse
5. Auto-Dim
Old 06-13-2013, 04:40 PM

W204 C63 R171
Memory and easy parking feature that turns the passenger mirror down are missing.

I don't know who you got yours from but I can say after buying 2 sets both wrong yours will probably be wrong as well.

There are various different configurations of the mirrors

Basic
Which blink, and can be adjusted.

Blinking, adjustment, Folding, Heated, Auto Dim.

Fully Loaded

Blinking, Adjustment , Folding, Heated, Auto Dim, Memory, Convenience

Newest

Blinking, Adjustment , Folding, Heated, Auto Dim, Memory, Convenience, Blind Spot Warning
Old 06-13-2013, 05:13 PM

C63
Like I've said you just need to transfer your motor from your stock mirrors and some rewiring and you're good to go. I had the same problem when I installed them.

The rewiring is plug and play and is straightforward. It just takes time though. I am in the area and can help you guys out if you need. But if you prefer to keep the stock mirrors intact then I guess there's no other option.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:16 PM

'09 C63 P30 Eurocharged
I might take you up on that when mine come in, depending on how well they work. I don't care about seat memory but I'd like to keep the reverse assist and those two features would seem to be linked.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:20 PM

W204 C63 R171
Originally Posted by ms3008
Like I've said you just need to transfer your motor from your stock mirrors and some rewiring and you're good to go. I had the same problem when I installed them.

The rewiring is plug and play and is straightforward. It just takes time though. I am in the area and can help you guys out if you need. But if you prefer to keep the stock mirrors intact then I guess there's no other option.
It's alot easier to get the proper ones then mess around with moving the motors and wiring, not to mention it makes my other mirrors less valuable I was hoping to sell them...
Old 06-13-2013, 05:29 PM

C63
It's alot easier to get the proper ones then mess around with moving the motors and wiring, not to mention it makes my other mirrors less valuable I was hoping to sell them...
I see..that's true so yeah then in this case it's probably better to just get the right one.

Originally Posted by Ratven
I might take you up on that when mine come in, depending on how well they work. I don't care about seat memory but I'd like to keep the reverse assist and those two features would seem to be linked.
Not a problem! Just let me know. Hope you got the right one though so you won't have to spend unnecessary time on them.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Once you remove the motor from the original mirrors is it possible to put them back?

hang on are the motors responsible for folding action or just adjustment of the mirror? Since i have a US spec car my original motors won't fold
Old 06-13-2013, 05:59 PM

W204 C63 R171
There are two motors, one for the adjustment of the glass and one for the folding.

If you send me your vin ill look up the proper motorized housing you need for your face lift mirrors to fold. Without looking at those motors I don't know if they are interchangeable but I am pretty sure you can't buy them separate you have to buy it with the bottom assembly of the mirror the part that hooks to the car door.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There are two motors, one for the adjustment of the glass and one for the folding.

If you send me your vin ill look up the proper motorized housing you need for your face lift mirrors to fold. Without looking at those motors I don't know if they are interchangeable but I am pretty sure you can't buy them separate you have to buy it with the bottom assembly of the mirror the part that hooks to the car door.
Well i was sold mirrors that are normally folding based on the word of the seller. I never had a chance to test it unfortunately.
Are you able to see with my vin if i have the memory feature? Or i'll connect my original mirror and check tonight.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:13 PM

W204 C63 R171
Should be able to by the datacard on your car.

It's also easy to tell if you pop the panel off in your door I believe if its setup for folding there will be two wires on the white connector in spot 1 and 2.

I don't know if its rumor but i have heard american cars don't come with folding mirrors for some reason.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:03 PM

C63
Yup Andrew is right. I was talking about the mirror motor and not the folding one.

My mirrors were folding fine so all I needed to do was to transfer the stock motor over. And yes I can always revert the motor back to the stock mirror if needed.

Don't think the folding motor is an easy swap though. I could be wrong.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:07 PM

W204 C63 R171
The mirrors are up for sale if anyone wants a set of 197 obsidian black 2011+ mirrors. I am going to find the proper ones instead of try to convert them.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:44 PM

W204 C63 R171

Ok so I got the motors I need and the wiring from the older mirror swapped everything over and came to the conclusion that the 7 wires from the motor harness is too short so what did you do?

I looked up the parts number for the wire ends of which I need 14 each side a buck or two it gets costly... plus I am going to have to track down some oem quality wire as well... however I am not one for short cuts and wont splice wires etc it has to be 100% oem or nothing...
Old 07-11-2013, 02:16 PM

C63
Yeah you are right. When I did the transplant it was a tight fit and barely made it. I always thought it's due to the way I wired it.

There is not much slack in the wires right now and is pretty taut but there should be enough wire to make it work. Before plugging the mirror's connector into the door module, first try to remove the other connectors that are connected to the door module. That should make it easier for you to plug the mirror's connector into the module

Also, I did not have to splice any wires.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:30 PM

W204 C63 R171
Well wiring them the same path that the factory did mine are 4 to 5 inches shorter then they are supposed to be.

I just found out the connectors to remake the wiring for that motor will cost close to 100 dollars plus I still have to source the correct wire.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:39 PM

C63
4-5 inches? Yeah my wires were definitely not that far off.

That's really odd..especially when you were able to install the new mirrors before you did the transplant. It's hard to tell. I will have to take a look at it in person. I've sent you a PM and the other guy in my PM might be able to help you as well. Perhaps way more than me

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2011+ euro spec mirror retrofit