Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
2018 C63S
Eisenmann Exhaust W204 C63 | Handmade in Germany | Master Dealer for 8+ Years

Eisenmann 4 x 120 x 77mm Exhaust System

Part Number: D7267.01204

Eisenmann's C63 AMG exhaust system was simultaneously a familiar sight. The mandrel bent piping, beautiful workmanship of the hand-laid welds, and the precision fit are all things that come to expect from Eisenmann. They are also no strangers to Eisenmann engineer's ability to harness the original car's personality and create an amazing and unique sound, but starting the C63 for the first time after installing it's Eisenmann exhaust system was truly an eye opener.

The C63's already impressive tone was amplified further and the hand built engine's beautiful exhaust note is enhanced to an absolute roar by the Eisenmann's own hand built construction. Videos of the new C63 Eisenmann system can be found below and despite our best efforts to showcase what a truly fearsome sound the car now creates, hearing the exhaust in person really is best in this case.

Eisenmann's C63 system is offered as a Race or Sport sound level with the Race system fully harnessing the car's amazing sound and saving a few pounds of extra weight by removing the center resonator. The Sport system featuring an additional center resonator for a more refined tone. The trademark 120x77mm quad exhaust tips are a classic Eisenmann staple and are again used on the C63 exhaust.

About Eisenmann Exhaust

Eisenmann's engineers are responsible for designing the OEM systems seen on Porsche and AMG cars, and use this experience to design the best performance exhaust systems in the world. Eisenmann's performance exhausts are built by hand from start to finish to create an old world craftsmanship simply not available with other exhaust manufacturers.

PM or Email For Pricing!
Paul@n4sm.com
(888) 714-7467 and ask for Paul for special pricing

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Most Eisenmann Exhausts take 4-6 weeks to be custom built for your vehicle. Some popular Benz applications are usually in stock, please call us for inventory.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out the exhaust installed!!

Some things are not outsourceable.

Thanks to IND Distribution for the following tour of Eisenmann Germany Factory.

Last week, IND Distribution- the North American distributor for Eisenmann exhausts- visited Eisenmann GmbH’s amazing manufacturing facilities in Hemmingen, Germany for an exclusive view of their old world manufacturing techniques, the privilege to meet their skilled fabricators, and a preview of their upcoming projects for 2009 as Germany’s leading OEM and Aftermarket exhaust system manufacturer.

Eisenmann is located in the suburb of Hemmingen, a small German town just a half hour’s drive from the major manufacturing center of Stuttgart that houses the industry giant Porsche GmbH. Porsche’s many manufacturing and testing centers are scattered around Stuttgart, with their closest facility literally just down the block from Eisenmann’s own manufacturing complex! Driving through the beautiful countryside, one would never expect to find a factory responsible for exhaust systems featured on the Mercedes McLaren SLR, AMG and Porsche cars, and the cars of thousands of enthusiasts worldwide.

The first thing you notice when entering Eisenmann’s facility is Eisenmann’s true love for metalwork. Even their sign is worked from stamped sheetmetal and bent tubing! You can see just how long Eisenmann has been around, simply by looking at how distressed and worn this sign is. It’s probably been standing since the Eisenmann factory’s opening in 1988!

Another metal sculpture, made by Eisenmann’s experienced fabricators.

My tour guide there was Sven Johann, Sales Director with nearly a decade of experience working at Eisenmann GmbH. After enthusiastic hellos (we'd just seen each other a month before at SEMA), Sven showed me around the office a bit, then took me to see the main attraction- Eisenmann's shop floor.
Going from the clean, pristine offices of Sven and his co-workers to the bustling shop space is like getting cold water splashed in your face. We were sitting in Sven's comfortable, quiet office when he suggested taking a look at their primary shop space. We walked through a small door in the back of the offices, and were instantly hit with the hustle and rush of Eisenmann's shop environment. In this photo, you can see some of Eisenmann's employees working on things like the Eisenmann headers in the center of the photo.

Although Eisenmann uses mass production techniques like machine welding and fabrication for their OEM exhaust systems, Mr Eisenmann chooses to make his aftermarket exhaust systems with old-world German hand labor. Here you can see one of Eisenmann's technicians welding an E90 330i exhaust canister by hand. Later, when the exhaust is nearly completed, the Eisenmann logo will get hand stamped onto the tips, and the exhaust's serial number plaque welded to the canister to ensure it's identity as an Eisenmann product.

Next, Sven took me to take a look at some of the testing and R&D procedures Eisenmann uses to design their exhaust systems. In this photo you can see their backpressure probing system. It's a simple, but effective way of testing exhaust system performance by seeing just how effective one exhaust system is at evacuating exhaust gasses compared to another. By using pressure tubes mounted to various parts of the OEM exhaust system, Eisenmann can compare the OEM rear mufflers to many variations of proposed muffler designs, and arrive at the most ideal possible internal canister design, to ensure maximum flow.

Possibly the most shocking portion of the tour was Eisenmann's dynamic flow testing rig. I wish I could tell you readers that I'd seen hundreds of these before, but when Sven led me to a small room filled with sound matting, and this strange looking device within, and 6 identical looking E36 exhaust canisters, I had absolutely no idea what to expect.

Eisenmann hit a serious bottleneck in their constant search for improvement in exhaust system design- they couldn't simulate actual engine dynamics through their muffler variations without actually bolting the muffler to the test car.

To solve this problem, Eisenmann designed this one-off muffler testing machine. The machine accurately simulates exhaust pulses through the muffler to test flow efficiency through each muffler design based on the set ambient temperature, pressure, and other parameters.

By using this machine, Eisenmann can ensure the best possible results from all of their exhaust systems.

This photo shows how truly MASSIVE this machine is! The entire setup is longer than a car, so it makes for a really imposing device.

When I saw 6 E36 M3 mufflers sitting in the testing room, I was a bit confused. I learned that Eisenmann is re-testing all of their old systems, in order to perfect each muffler design. Although the mufflers look the same externally, the internals of each are quite different, and serve to provide a real life test to each of the CFD analases Eisenmann has completed on the muffler design in question.

The second testing procedure I was really intrigued by was the "microphone test". Eisenmann's engineers use a custom made microphone rig to record each possible variation of muffler on each car they design. Initial testing starts with the OEM system, then with the same car with no exhaust on it at all. At that point, the engineers will apply many variations of test muffler, including pre-production sport and race systems, as well as mufflers specifically intended to test certain frequencies, and record each sound.

Eisenmann's software allows for analasys of each frequency outputted by the engine with each combination of muffler. By searching for unwanted frequencies in this analasys, Eisenmann is able to isolate and eliminate the bassy low rpm "drone" that has come to be associated with lower quality exhaust products.

We happened to be in the testing bay during testing of the new 335d exhaust system. This is really exciting, as this car isn't even released in the US market! The Sport and Race systems are already in development, to hurry both systems for US release.

Eisenmann's engineers weren't completely happy with the sound output of these first 335d test units. When this happens during testing, the engineers will isolate the specific unwanted frequency, then quickly make a set of test mufflers to fix the problem. In this photo, you can see these test mufflers installed on the car, to ensure that a specific muffler design will eliminate the unwanted frequency.

After all this testing was complete, I thought I needed some eye candy to let my brain relax, so Sven took me to see "LeMans heaven"! Just look at all those gorgeous tips, ready to be made into Eisenmann exhausts.

"Let's walk over to the other building." is all Sven would said in a sly voice as we left Eisenmann's main, open to the public, building. We had to walk quite a long way down the street, so I was starting to think this building would be just a boring warehouse. As soon as I saw the huge new three story building, complete with frosted glass windows throughout and a buzzer just to get in, I knew I was in for something special. Sven's assistant hit the buzzer, told the security guard inside we were with Eisenmann, and we were in.

The Porsche Cayenne photo on the wall explained everything to me. We were inside Eisenmann's OEM manufacturing operation- something that until today has been closed to the public!

The first thing that really jumped out at me when I started walking around the building were these SLR tips. I hardly knew this many SLR McLarens existed, and to see this many tips in production and ready to go along with Eisenmann's OEM SLR exhaust really blew me away!

Along with the McLaren SLR exhaust system, I saw some of the master fabricators working on the new Mercedes AMG systems. It's amazing to see that each Mercedes AMG system is still made by hand at Eisenmann's factory. Seeing Eisenmann's fabricators carefully manufacturing exhausts entirely by hand, when they're going on a car that is completely mass produced (with the exception of the engine) is just incredible to me.

Here's a shot I snapped of an OEM Porsche roll cage- something you can find at your local Porsche dealership!
Eisenmann manufactures these cages for Porsche, along with Porsche's exhaust systems.

OEM Porsche made by Eisenmann

OEM Porsche made by Eisenmann

As we were leaving the warehouse and fabrication area of Eisenmann's OEM building, we made a stop to the third floor. This whole floor is nothing but OEM tips!
The entire third floor of this building is dedicated to manufacturing and storing OEM Porsche and AMG tips, to go on their exhausts in the future.

On our way out of the building, we stopped to meet some of Eisenmann's engineers. We called this the "million dollar room". The salary of these engineers is pretty steep, but they have to be quite good at what they do!

Last edited by Need4Speed; 07-08-2014 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Helluva post guys! Thanks. Al that R&D though and the race exhaust I bought off them for my C63 droned so bad I had to remove it...
Old 06-26-2013, 08:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Great post and thanks!
Old 07-01-2013, 05:51 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63S
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
Helluva post guys! Thanks. Al that R&D though and the race exhaust I bought off them for my C63 droned so bad I had to remove it...
The Race exhaust produced by Eisenmann is a very aggressive set up. It was designed to improve the performance of the vehicle. The race exhaust decibels are not regulated for comfort but more for the performance aspect.

The sport exhaust however has no drone what so ever because it is produced at factory specific volume.

-Alex
Old 07-02-2013, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
190 evoII replica
Nice write-up!

I also visited the Eisenmann factory for the R&D on my C250 coupe. Sven is a great guy! Very friendly and straight forward. He also talked to me about the exhaust note simulator. Amazing piece of technology isn't it?

The Race exhaust is just performance oriented, no need for comfort. The Sport is closer to OEM and gives a nice exhaust note without drone.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63S
Originally Posted by 190Benz
Nice write-up!

I also visited the Eisenmann factory for the R&D on my C250 coupe. Sven is a great guy! Very friendly and straight forward. He also talked to me about the exhaust note simulator. Amazing piece of technology isn't it?

The Race exhaust is just performance oriented, no need for comfort. The Sport is closer to OEM and gives a nice exhaust note without drone.

Yes you are correct. It is very interesting how much thought and technology goes into making an exhaust system. Just shows how much effort Eisenmann puts into making their quality exhaust system.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:41 PM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
pm me the price please. this looks like the exhaust! has the AMG bark to it still.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63S
All PM's replied!

Special 4th of July pricing now available on the Eisenmann Race for the C63. Exhausts are good in stock as well.

PM for details
Old 07-03-2013, 01:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 Diamond White C63 Coupe
Great thread -- thank for posting, PM sent!
Old 07-04-2013, 02:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GT2 C63 and yo sister
is there an increase in loudness documented by decibel meter? Does this bolt and no CELs?
Old 07-04-2013, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
Love the sound. Has that AMG growl, but deeper.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63S
Thanks Guys!!!

We love the Eisenmann Exhaust systems they are great and sound Amazing.

As for the increase in sounds. When the exhaust system is manufactured in Germany they are tested out with a full system for sound (dB) on top of many other things.

No Eisenmann Exhaust system leaves Germany without the full approval of the company and the master technician who creates the system.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:11 PM

GT2 C63 and yo sister
so to clarify this will be louder, I want my exhaust louder
Old 07-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63S
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
so to clarify this will be louder, I want my exhaust louder
Yes it will definitely be louder!
Old 07-06-2013, 09:17 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, GLC63S
Please pm me price shipped to 92563 for both the race and sport setup..
Old 07-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63S
All PM's Replied!

Eisenmann Race for C63 now in stock, limited quantity!
Old 07-19-2013, 07:36 PM

2008 S63 Amg
I should get this for my wifes C63 they sound amazing in person
Old 07-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63S
Originally Posted by amg_fanatic
I should get this for my wifes C63 they sound amazing in person
You should Free shipping now on these Eisenmanns!
Old 07-21-2013, 12:29 PM

2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
How much does the race exhaust go for?
Old 07-21-2013, 06:53 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 S63 AMG S and 2018 GLS450
Is there a sport exhaust to oem exhaust comparison?
Old 07-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63S
All PM's replied!
Old 09-11-2013, 06:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63S
Who wants a a Eisenmann Exhaust on their C63 Beast

We have super special offers going on right now until the End of September

And Free Shipping on All Eisenmann System Orders

Old 10-09-2013, 03:12 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63S
Here is a public Service announcment

from our friends at Eisenmann USA

Today's Spoke person

the lovely W204 C63

Old 12-11-2013, 07:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63S
A little something something under the skirt !!!

C63 Eisenmann Race system

Old 01-10-2014, 01:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2018 C63S
PM me for a great quote!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eisenmann Exhaust W204 C63 | Handmade in Germany | Master Dealer for 8+ Years