Midpipes: To xpipe or to straight pipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Edition 1 Sedan Matte Alanite Gray
Midpipes: To xpipe or to straight pipe

Hey mbworld,
Its been a while since I have posted on here. I am curious as to what is the better midpipe setup to run with longtube headers, xpipe, or straight pipe? My friend has mhp longtubes and is running the straight pipe setup, some consider it too loud, but I love the roar, its like an angry lion.I have decided to purchase Benzworks LTH's, as I am very fond of the craftsmanship. From a standpoint of what produces more power, which is better? I have heard from some that our cars need the back pressure from the xpipe. Can anyone clarify?

Also I have given thoughts to lowering my car. I have aspirations of taking it to Sebring in the fall. KW V3 was my top choice, a friend of mine is running sport springs and is trying his best to steer me away from anything involving lowering it, as he said it has killed his ride quality and caused many alignment issues. Can anyone advise me on this?

As always thanks for the advice Mbworld community! Keep on burning rubber!
Old 06-27-2013, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm running Kleemann's old K2 (larger "log" exhaust manifolds and 200 cell primary cats) and when I added an MBH X-Pipe, it changed the tone of the exhaust to a higher pitch kinda like my friend's E92 M3 with a Gintani rear exhaust. With LT's, I'd get the X just to keep things toned down a bit.