C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Couple Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 350z
Couple Questions

Not sure if this has been answered before, but..

1. Is there anyway that when you press Lock on the keyfob the mirrors can fold in? I know BMW's comfort access has this option, just wondering if our cars had the option to?

2. When I start the car the main screen on the cluster always shows the Mileage. I like to keep the screen where it shows MPH. Is there anyway you can change it to where it leaves it to where it was left off?

3. What kind of Coolant are you guys running? I'm just past 40k miles and want to change mine out, and heard some things about Royal Purple Ice?

Thanks for all the help!
Old 06-29-2013, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Originally Posted by ODEHBOY

1. Is there anyway that when you press Lock on the keyfob the mirrors can fold in? I know BMW's comfort access has this option, just wondering if our cars had the option to?

I believe only 2008's can do this. Can't speak to any of the newer 12+ I stopped paying attention.

2. When I start the car the main screen on the cluster always shows the Mileage. I like to keep the screen where it shows MPH. Is there anyway you can change it to where it leaves it to where it was left off?

Pretty sure you can't change this.

3. What kind of Coolant are you guys running? I'm just past 40k miles and want to change mine out, and heard some things about Royal Purple Ice?

whatever the dealer puts in, not sure what it is.

Thanks for all the help!
10chars
Old 06-29-2013, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 761 Likes on 527 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order

Not sure what year your car is, but my 2013 does this. It is an option in one of the "convenience" menus that you access through the steering wheel buttons.

Again, mine does this, although it does show the mileage when you first start the car and then automatically reverts to my preferred screen a couple of seconds later. What year is your car?

Thanks for all the help!
Whatever the OEM coolant is that the MB dealership put in. Personally, I wouldn't mess with the OEM specs and I would put in whatever it calls for in the manual (especially if your car is still under warranty), but I don't think I would be even considering it given the specifics of the car (see https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...sh-change.html for a thread on this). Why are you thinking about changing your coolant?