C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Color Advice c63 507

Old 07-09-2013, 01:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 507
Color Advice c63 507

Hello everyone! This is my first post so here goes. I am coming from a BMW background and am looking at getting a c63 507 edition sedan. My problem is I love all of the colors! I am curious as to peoples experiences with some colors.

Here are my thoughts and ideas:
wheels will probably be forgestar f14's or cf5's

Obsidian Black, black or bronze wheels
Polar White, semi gloss black wheels
Mars Red, gloss black wheels
Steel Grey, black or bronze wheels

Most of my past cars have been grey, and I love grey cars, but I thought with this one maybe I should try something different. I am also unsure about steel grey, in some picture I have seen of the car it looks slightly blue rather than a pure grey. However, Grey with black accents and black/bronze wheels can look incredible.

I have seriously considered Mars Red this time around. Red seems almost a bit "exotic" for this car as I haven't really seen that many of them. I guess I am concerned about the attention from law enforcement this car could attract. The red with black accents found on the 507 would just look killer.

White is always a great combo with black accents, it is a solid contender. I have seen the picture of the white sedan 507 floating around the internet and I really like it.

I am not a giant fan of black, but after seeing pics of a black c63 with bronze wheels I really like the look. I dislike black and chrome so anything chrome would need to go, but an all black car can look crazy sinister.

Again, my thoughts are that this car is something special, and should have a special look. What do you think?
Old 07-09-2013, 01:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 Diamond White C63 Coupe
I am biased towards the white car/black wheel combo - but I honestly think the Steel Grey with dark wheels is gorgeous.

Congrats and enjoy - Might as well order the mods now!
Old 07-09-2013, 01:39 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
W205 C43, C204 C63, & Honda Fit
I personally don't like black wheels, so I ordered the Steel Grey, with silver wheels.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Coupe Edition 1
if ur going to order it and choose what u want. i would go with a color thats crazy. how BMW does it. some type of blue. orange. yellow. brown. MATTE colors. so many diff things u can do.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
2018 C63S
To be completely honest, black wheels are starting to go out of style especially matte black wheels. What is currently "in" now inside the wheel world is the satin silver finish or a graphite/dolphin gray finish.

Obviously, it all depends on what style wheel and what color the car is as well as what you are interested in. I personally like all finishes, just depends on other important variables.

Mess around with Photoshop a little bit or do some researching online and see what colors catch your eye, that would be the best bet.

Hope this helps!
-Alex
Old 07-09-2013, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
2 things:

1. color- they are only offering the designo Platinum with this car in particular. so as far as exclusivity and resale, this would be the paint color.

2. wheels- i would seriously reconsider. again, this car comes with special and specific wheels offered only on this car. in my opinion, far more superior to Forgestar.

Your questions, my opinion. No biggie.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
White/black = classic - go for it. I would avoid any matte, personally. Maybe matte white that's it.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:10 PM

2008 Mercedes ML63 AMG
Arctic White all the way!

http://www.globalautosports.com/car/...upe-86666.html

Thats my opinion.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:39 PM

2013 C63 AMG, 2013 B250
Originally Posted by jordanaf
2 things:

1. color- they are only offering the designo Platinum with this car in particular. so as far as exclusivity and resale, this would be the paint color.

2. wheels- i would seriously reconsider. again, this car comes with special and specific wheels offered only on this car. in my opinion, far more superior to Forgestar.

Your questions, my opinion. No biggie.
Agree on both. Assuming the 507 wheels are indeed forged they are going to be higher quality than Forgestars as well. That said you might want to fix the weak offsets with a set of spacers.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Anything but black or white. Houston dealers are crap. All they order are black or white cars. So every high end car out there in Houston is black or white. You'll see yourself coming and going all the time. I don't understand it. But stand up against black or white cars!
Old 07-09-2013, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Gallado Spyder / AMG C63S / Cayenne
ill buy your 507 take off wheels
Old 07-09-2013, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Mars red + bronze wheels. Boom
Old 07-09-2013, 10:52 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 C63 P31 2021 GLC63s Coupe
I like none metallic black, simply looks amazing especially with a coat of wax on.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:29 AM

C63 AMG 507 Edition
I would take a good look at some of the real pictures (not airbrushed marketing pictures taken under lighting) of the Magno Platinum before ordering it.

There are some in this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...eo-thread.html

I originally placed an order for the Magno Platinum, but changed it after seeing what is really looks like.

There are some other 507 colours in that thread also.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:24 AM

C63 507
Thanks for the replies and comments!

I think at this point I am probably torn between the white and the red. The white looks so clean with all the black accents, but the red looks equally as nice. I like the dark stripes more on the red than on the white but the high contrast between white and black is a classic sexy look. I am unsure I will ever decide!

As far as wheels go the main reason I wanted to change was because I believe Mercedes has committed a sin. The wheels are gorgeous forged wheels that I LOVE the design of, BUT I am pretty sure they are the stock factory width 8f 9r. On a car with 500 hp a 255 rear tire is just silly. I was really hoping that they would at least bump to 8.5f and 9.5 rear so I could put a 265 on the rear. With that said, I think I will go with the stock 507 wheels in black for a while and see how they do. In the meantime I can save up some extra cash and perhaps look at some adv1/HRE/<insert high end wheel name here> wheels in the future.

No matter what this car is going to be amazing, and the only down side is the wait for the build!
Old 07-10-2013, 10:39 AM

2016 C63S
Color is a purely personal matter - no one else can truly decide what you like or should like. Do what you want and don't think twice about it.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:14 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
'16 CLS 63 S
2 things:

The designo platinum that you see in most photos is actually an extra cost option. The no cost paint options are the polar white and a red. I've ordered my 507 Sedan with the polar white and paid extra for the black wheels. I think the black accents on the white is going to be have a nice contrast.
Looking forward to November.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:43 PM

2011 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by alpharabbit
Hello everyone! This is my first post so here goes. I am coming from a BMW background and am looking at getting a c63 507 edition sedan. My problem is I love all of the colors! I am curious as to peoples experiences with some colors.

Here are my thoughts and ideas:
wheels will probably be forgestar f14's or cf5's

Obsidian Black, black or bronze wheels
Polar White, semi gloss black wheels
Mars Red, gloss black wheels
Steel Grey, black or bronze wheels

Most of my past cars have been grey, and I love grey cars, but I thought with this one maybe I should try something different. I am also unsure about steel grey, in some picture I have seen of the car it looks slightly blue rather than a pure grey. However, Grey with black accents and black/bronze wheels can look incredible.

I have seriously considered Mars Red this time around. Red seems almost a bit "exotic" for this car as I haven't really seen that many of them. I guess I am concerned about the attention from law enforcement this car could attract. The red with black accents found on the 507 would just look killer.

White is always a great combo with black accents, it is a solid contender. I have seen the picture of the white sedan 507 floating around the internet and I really like it.

I am not a giant fan of black, but after seeing pics of a black c63 with bronze wheels I really like the look. I dislike black and chrome so anything chrome would need to go, but an all black car can look crazy sinister.

Again, my thoughts are that this car is something special, and should have a special look. What do you think?
I'll buy your Edition 507 wheels off of you if you swap them out!