Cancelling Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C63
Cancelling Extended Warranty

Hey guys, I'm currently in a fix.

Do you guys know what is the best way to cancel a extended warranty?

The out of state dealer that sold me the warranty is extremely unresponsive and wondering if there is a way to contact MBUSA directly for the matter.

Thanks for your help!!
Old 07-10-2013, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Was the dealer that sold it you Courtesy in Chico, CA (Lisa)? In any case, if the dealer in question is unresponsive contact MBUSA customer service directly and they will contact the store where you purchased it to get the ball rolling.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:59 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
I recently wanted to cancel my tire and wheel protection warranty and I got in touch with MBFS. They told me that I have to go through the dealer who sold me the package. That scum dealer had told me during purchase that I can cancel at any time and get full refund back if I have not used the plan. Now he says that I will only get pro-rated refund. Bunch of A-holes these finance guys.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
I was told I'd only get pro-rated from the start, which is the way it is done. If a dealer told me I would get a full refund no matter what I'd get that in writing and cancel on the last month/mileage and get the refund, as would pretty much anybody else.

You'll have to go through the dealer and make them responsive.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
2022 E53 SG
Originally Posted by lusfort
Hey guys, I'm currently in a fix.

Do you guys know what is the best way to cancel a extended warranty?

The out of state dealer that sold me the warranty is extremely unresponsive and wondering if there is a way to contact MBUSA directly for the matter.

Thanks for your help!!
Contact MBUSA. If it's Travis, he left the dealership. you can talk to someone else there.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your mom
truth be told, pro rated makes sense.

If I have a warranty for 5 yrs and I want no warranty after 4 yrs, obviously, I wouldn't expect 100% of my money, since I used 80% of the time. I would be expecting only 20% of the money.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
OP - I spent a month waiting for the dealer to act on it. I heard "didn't get your email"..."must have gone to the other manager who handles these things and he's on vacation" etc. I got MBUSA involved and my check came two days later.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:48 PM

09 C63
Thanks guys. they obviously have an disincentive to cancel warranties as benz would cause a charge back to them as what my local dealer said. its not lisa btw. will bring this up to mbusa and show the multiple emails ive been sending. will update everyone

Posted from Mbworld.org App for Android
Old 07-10-2013, 08:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Obsidian Black 2009 C63 w/ P30 Package
I had a similar story.

I purchased the car from a non MB dealership and they sold me a third party warranty. I had a CEL and wanted to kno how it works so I decided to call the third party warranty which in turns told me the dealership I bought it from has VOIDED my warranty.

I had to call 4-5 different departments to finally raise hell and get the owner of the dealership to call me back with an explanation. I went back to dealership to find out both the sales manager, finance guy that I dealt with are no longer with the company.

End result was they ended up reinstating my warranty which covered " more" things and my deductible was lowered.

Seeing that you are out of state from the dealership that you purchased your car from you might have a hard time reaching the "right" person
Old 07-10-2013, 09:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Current: 2019 M5 Donnington Gray, 2021 GLE53 Diamond White Met. Previous: 2010 C63, 2012 E550 Coupe
Just an FYI, I did get a full refund of an extended warranty. I bought a CPO car and an extended warranty. Before the regular warranty expired I traded the car in at another dealer. I contacted the original dealer and got all of the money back.

Good luck.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:09 PM

09 C63
I got in contact with the customer rep from mbusa. she was very helpful in actively contacting the financing manager of the dealer (he had to return her voicemails right). she basically facilitated the transaction and I just faxed the cancellation request plus proof of ownership and driver id. All this while, dealer made no attempt in contacting me and not even acknowleding my fax. Hope that my money comes back.

Posted from Mbworld.org App for Android