C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Why Dimsport??? Why not SCT or even Diablo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 01:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ford svt's, and C63!!!
Why Dimsport??? Why not SCT or even Diablo

I've done remote tuning, and data-logging on three American supercharged vehicles, and one of them was NA from the factory with no glitches of any sort using SCT, and Diablo. Now I'm "trying" to tune my C63 with this goofy *** Dim-sport Mygenius. I'm no electronics expert, but I suspect it is the device that's giving me problems, as the tuner is being as helpful as possible. I'm just curious as to why tuners can't use something better like the ones I stated above. "Hell" even their name has "dim" in it!!

Absolutely nothing negative here towards Eurocharged, as I firmly believe it is Dim-sport's Mygenius is to blame for my issues.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Polar White C63 AMG
I just returned mine actually as it would not cooperate with my car. Who knows. Eurocharged is not at fault. Are you making it to the writting preparation screen and then nothing happens like myself? If so, its not going to work and youll have to ship your ecu most likely. Dimsport was not really helpful as they stated my battery voltage was too low as it was fine and from there had no other input for me.

Last edited by plague; 07-13-2013 at 02:21 AM.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:09 AM

2012 C63 AMG BS, 2010 DUCATI 1198S
It's interesting how so many DimSport device users have had issues lately. I ordered one through OE Tuning, and will be tuning my BS with it next Friday. I really hope I don't run into any problems.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:43 AM

2011 Polar White C63 AMG
Originally Posted by NellyRod
It's interesting how so many DimSport device users have had issues lately. I ordered one through OE Tuning, and will be tuning my BS with it next Friday. I really hope I don't run into any problems.
I was not aware of many others having issues as well. I had the my genius for three weeks trying to resolve an issue over a task that takes 2 minutes. I ended up shipping my ecu overnight and the tuner overnighting it back at their cost. Got to the point where the tuner had nothing left for me to try.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:51 AM

2012 C63 AMG BS, 2010 DUCATI 1198S
Originally Posted by plague
I was not aware of many others having issues as well. I had the my genius for three weeks trying to resolve an issue over a task that takes 2 minutes. I ended up shipping my ecu overnight and the tuner overnighting it back at their cost. Got to the point where the tuner had nothing left for me to try.

Hopefully I won't get to that point, but I'm glad you were able to get it resolved through the tuner. That's excellent customer service on their part given the fact that the device was at fault.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
U are right these issues keep popping up

Subscribed
Old 07-13-2013, 11:49 AM

2011 Polar White C63 AMG
Originally Posted by NellyRod
Hopefully I won't get to that point, but I'm glad you were able to get it resolved through the tuner. That's excellent customer service on their part given the fact that the device was at fault.
Pm sent
Old 07-13-2013, 12:07 PM

c63
yeah the dimsport devices are really clunky. hopefully you get everything sorted. it may be a firmware patch problem.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:28 PM

ford svt's, and C63!!!
Any of you guys ever tune anything with a Superchips x-cal 2, or 3? I think you'd be amazed on how simple you can connect to the car, pc, and make changes, datalog. I'm just baffled as to why the companies that seem to be reputable of tuning the C63 subject themselves to using these goofy things instead of anything else.

To just lean out the A/F ratio slightly, and advance the ignition timing under certain conditions would more than likely be easily done by us, "end users" using SCT stuff, without ever having to deal with a tuner.

All I can say is that I feel sorry for people who exclusively drive these sorts of vehicles that have to rely on this dismal equipment to tune their car for every upgrade modification. And lets not even talk about expense, but I'm sure it's a huge pita as a tuner, trying to tune these vehicles using this garbage as well. I'm just kind of dreading modifying my C63 any further using this device, hopefully I never end up selling my Mercedes because I want to modify it, but don't want to deal with the tuning aspect of the whole deal.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:17 PM

c63
if i had to guess, my first and most obvious guess is that no one else but dimsport has figured out how to tune via OBD port. i can't imagine why else anyone would choose to use these crappy things.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:34 PM

ford svt's, and C63!!!
Originally Posted by _timothy
if i had to guess, my first and most obvious guess is that no one else but dimsport has figured out how to tune via OBD port. i can't imagine why else anyone would choose to use these crappy things.
Maybe the car's ecu is way different than American cars but our 03 Lightning, 04 Cobra, and supercharged 01 4wd super-crew F-150 have all been flash tuned through the OBD ports that look to be identical to the OBD2 port in my C63? I wonder if SCT is aware of the amount of people who at least run a tune on these C63's, because "I" for 1 had no idea you could mod these cars, as a matter of fact I wasn't interested in owning one of these cars at first, until I discovered that there was headers, cams, blowers, and that sort of thing, being available for these cars.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:00 PM

2011 Polar White C63 AMG
Several tuners use devices like these that operate via obd port budm COBB, one of the biggest names in the tuner world for example, tunes via a obd port accessing unit. Their unit is of much greater quality and about 1/6 the size of the giant cheap feeling my genius. With the c63, it takes about 45 seconds and not a single tool to pull out the ecu, so doing that is not an issue honestly.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:29 PM

c63
i should have been more clear.

I mean that perhaps dimsport is currently the only manufacturer able to tune the ECU in the C63 via OBD port.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:31 PM

2011 Polar White C63 AMG
i should have been more clear.

I mean that perhaps dimsport is currently the only manufacturer able to tune the ECU in the C63 via OBD port.
Oh! In that case ya I think youre right yup. Valid point. Btw I have a white 2011 as well and couldnt help but think of myself reading your signature, you sound like myself lol
Old 07-13-2013, 07:53 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Can a tuner chime in and explain the reason??
Old 07-13-2013, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by skaarlaj
Any of you guys ever tune anything with a Superchips x-cal 2, or 3? I think you'd be amazed on how simple you can connect to the car, pc, and make changes, datalog. I'm just baffled as to why the companies that seem to be reputable of tuning the C63 subject themselves to using these goofy things instead of anything else.

To just lean out the A/F ratio slightly, and advance the ignition timing under certain conditions would more than likely be easily done by us, "end users" using SCT stuff, without ever having to deal with a tuner.

All I can say is that I feel sorry for people who exclusively drive these sorts of vehicles that have to rely on this dismal equipment to tune their car for every upgrade modification. And lets not even talk about expense, but I'm sure it's a huge pita as a tuner, trying to tune these vehicles using this garbage as well. I'm just kind of dreading modifying my C63 any further using this device, hopefully I never end up selling my Mercedes because I want to modify it, but don't want to deal with the tuning aspect of the whole deal.

You are right brotha, I come from a string of foxbodys, sn95's and terminators so I feel your pain. These ecu and tuning software is a nightmare compared to sct and diablo. If the AMG line was not so badass, I would have left long time ago.