C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

2010 C63 AMG - Baseline Dyno Numbers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 S63 AMG
2010 C63 AMG - Baseline Dyno Numbers

I pulled the trigger on the tuning buy posted by Velos Designwerks (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...nal-tuner.html). Since I'm in Tampa and they are in Miami, I will have the kit in hand Monday sometime.

Although there are several companies that provide the same service I'm interested in seeing the results of some although I'm sure (or at least hoping) they are within the same range of increases in performance and feel.

That being said, I went to a local performance shop that specializes in American Muscle cars but is equipped with a pretty sweet in ground Dynojet.

First pull was 354.22/347.76 SAE corrected @ Smoothing 5
Second pull was 349.66/341.72 SAE corrected @ Smoothing 5 (and probably some heat soak). I want to say that one of the pulls not shown were limited in 4th gear due to the 155mph limiter. I'm assuming these are 5th gear pulls based on where the power/tq drops off but I may be incorrect.

Once the personal tuner arrives I'll be pulling the stock file, emailing it to Velos and hopefully within 24 hours I'll have a new tune file back. Next Saturday I'll be back on the same dyno (more than likely with the same weather conditions) to see what the "numbers" difference is.

From what I've read, most people notice a "seat of the pants" difference with just a tune as well as quicker/smoother shifting, faster acceleration, etc. That's kinda silly to me because I think the car does all of those pretty well so I'm REALLY interested in seeing the difference.

Does anyone else have the Velos Personal tuner with their tune that can comment on going from a stock C63 AMG to a Velos Tuned one?

Also, here are the dyno chart and even a little video I recorded.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
Results right where they should be. I love dynojets, consistent and realistic.

Congrats, and looking to your post-tune numbers.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ford svt's, and C63!!!
Cool man, the best of luck on your gains!!

Last edited by skaarlaj; 07-13-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
I have the velos tune and handheld tuner on my 09. I can't speak to the dyno numbers but in regards to a difference, I feel it is noticeable. On the side of performance I notice a good smooth pull and efficiency wise I get about 23 mpg highway, for whatever it's worth. I will be interested in your numbers and hope to get my own soon.

Good luck!