C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Wrap for 507

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 09:59 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
'16 CLS 63 S
Wrap for 507

As I'm new to the idea of wrapping a car I have a few questions.

From what I've seen in the threads, the Matte sticker is very hit or miss to people. I'm gettin a Polar White Sedan and was thinking of wrapping parts of the car; partly to make it more unique and personal and partly to cover up the sticker.

1. Would a wrap possibly damage the sticker? From what I've read, I like that wraps can be reversible, but I don't want to risk causing permanent damage to anything considered stock on the car just in case I sell it down the road.

2. I've got a couple ideas on what I might like. Is it possible to get a wrap that is similar to the Gloss Piano Black trim pieces? I'm thinking maybe a stripe or pattern down the side to cover the AMG go faster stickers on down the side and maybe something coming down the hood. I wish I had photoshop (and the skill to use it) to draft something to give you guys an idea.

Let me know what y'all think. Not sure if anyone has mentioned wrapping over the oft disliked stickers yet.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
'14 C63 "Edition 507"; '02 Widebody WS6 Trans Am ~ 1,200hp (kills everything)
I can say this from my experience - most likely the AMG "acceleration lines" graphic is made up of the same automotive vinyl that one would use to wrap a car. My experience in automotive vinyl decals would allow me to believe you could simply remove it like any other vinyl decal, then buy another to put back on later if you wanted to get the car back to stock spec. They package decals sandwiched in-between two peel-back types of paper. Application is simple enough, but if you're not comfortable with performing this, a quality car audio/tint shop will know how to do this. Yes, gloss black vinyl does exist but I have read that develops scratches easily.

Cover up - this isn't recommended as the vinyl will stick to the other vinyl in a way that would most likely cause damage to the lower layer. Quite simply, layering of vinyl was never a recommended application practice. More than that, the top layer would show that something is underneath it, especially with black on top. This isn't something I think any AMG owner would want.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:55 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
'16 CLS 63 S
Thanks for the info. I'll probably go a head and keep it completely stock then. At least until I get back to the states and/or the warranty runs out. By then I'll be sure whether I'll ever sell it, or keep it til the wheels fall off.