Tip For Ebrake Clicking Fix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
Tip For Ebrake Clicking Fix

So I was running fine with 10mm spacers and 40mm extended bolts for 120 miles until this morning. Mercedes rear ebrake is known to have a small clearance of ~2mm. I'm at that point.

This morning I heard some clicking while accelerating and freaked out, and thought it was my engine. Clicking was faster the faster I went. Rolled windows down and concurred that it was from the rears. This has never happened before.

I only drove about a mile total since it started and am hoping I didn't damage anything.

Here's what I did to make it go away. I pulled on the parking brake release for the hell of it and it was still clicking. I drove for a little bit but no avail. I was about to give up and remove spacers and use regular 28mm bolts, but then something popped in my head.

I depressed the ebrake all the way down then pulled the release. It worked like magic. I conclude that my clearance at the moment is less than 1mm and the parking brake probably got stuck after 5 days of sitting. To ROSWELL: Have you had this happen to you?

Tip for anyone else getting extended bolts. Make sure they don't exceed 2mm from OEM. I recommend finding exact bolt sizes if possible. If not shave them to specified length to avoid any headache.

Last edited by khmergod; 07-26-2013 at 11:39 AM.