Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 Estate
Exclamation Star Diag Question- Advice Needed

Okay,

I have a question about Star Diag.

I have installed LED Fog Lights in my car. Obviously they don't draw enough power, and when they come on, I get a bulb out error on my dash.

I have Star Diag, and I was wanting to know, how would I clear the error with Star, to ignore the bulb out error? So it won't appear on my dash anymore.

I know I can put load resistors in, but I don't want to do that. Can someone please tell me how I would go about this?

Thank you
Old 07-27-2013, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32AMG.335 e92 fbo.protomotive996 gt2
enter to the front sam then select diagnosis plan then control unit adaptation and there you can disable them.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 Estate
Excellent. Thank you for the advice. I will give it a try tonight!
Old 08-01-2013, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 Estate
Okay, so i did what you said, and unfortunately, it asked me to go "online", to do the changes.

I cant go online, as my Star Diag is obviously a copy, and even if i had a username & password etc, to put my Star online, it wouldnt work, as it would be blocked by Mercedes.

I proceeded to reset the front SAM with the software that was built into Star Diag.
I managed to turn off the cornering lights in the process, which is what i wanted. Now i DONT get the bulb error anymore, which is great. (unless i turn my fog lights on), which is fine, as dont use them anyway.

But in this process, i have now disabled my front heated seats! The software that was originally in the car, obviously was programmed for the heated seats. Since resetting the front SAM, the software i loaded (that was built into star), is not programmed for front heated seats.

Short of going to Mercedes, to get them to fix it, (load software for heated seats), the other way is to get my star online (which i cant do), does anyone else have any other suggestion, of getting my heated seats working?

Please advise!
Thanks!