C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

TCU Reset?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Iridium Silver C63
TCU Reset?

Is there a way to reset the transmission adaptive control unit? I've tried the turn the key, step on the gas pedal, turn the key back, and rub your belly at the same time approach posted on several posts here and it didn't work . I've disconnected the battery overnight too and that didn't do squat either. My car has become so sluggish due to mostly city driving and the transmission control unit learning those shift points. It's gotten so bad that even in Sport Mode, I can slow down to about 25mph to make a turn and it won't downshift past 4th gear and I have accelerate out of the turn in 4th gear unless I floor it to make it downshift. In Comfort mode, it's even worse. Any surefire way to reset it back to factory specs to get rid of those sluggish shift points? Why is this adaptive crap even on our cars anyways. Fuel economy? This car was already going to get hit with a gas-guzzler tax anyways so why did MB even bother with this crap.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 P31 AMG
Originally Posted by EROD
Is there a way to reset the transmission adaptive control unit? I've tried the turn the key, step on the gas pedal, turn the key back, and rub your belly at the same time approach posted on several posts here and it didn't work . I've disconnected the battery overnight too and that didn't do squat either. My car has become so sluggish due to mostly city driving and the transmission control unit learning those shift points. It's gotten so bad that even in Sport Mode, I can slow down to about 25mph to make a turn and it won't downshift past 4th gear and I have accelerate out of the turn in 4th gear unless I floor it to make it downshift. In Comfort mode, it's even worse. Any surefire way to reset it back to factory specs to get rid of those sluggish shift points? Why is this adaptive crap even on our cars anyways. Fuel economy? This car was already going to get hit with a gas-guzzler tax anyways so why did MB even bother with this crap.
Dealer can do it for you....I think there is a connection under the car in tranny bay but not sure. Had it done before but didn't help. Battery disconnect helped alot and using manual selection for about 2 weeks