Paint match 507.............

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 03:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Paint match 507.............

I have ordered a 507 in the (051)designo Magno Platinum and am rethinking my color choice. Thinking about the (149)Polar White.

There are several pieces of the car that I would like gone, the amber side-markers and the chrome piece on the trunk above the license plate. I am going to have the chrome trim around the doors wrapped. I do NOT want clear or smoked side-markers, I want them gone and I still have the issue of the rear trunk piece. I want a very clean look.

What are you guys opinions on anyone being able to match the designo color? Do you think anyone can? Or even get close?

I originally wanted the designo b/c of it's exclusiveness to the 507 and for value down the road. Thanks for your time and thoughts!!

Last edited by jordanaf; 08-02-2013 at 03:29 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by jordanaf
I have ordered a 507 in the (051)designo Magno Platinum and am rethinking my color choice. Thinking about the (149)Polar White.

There are several pieces of the car that I would like gone, the amber side-markers and the chrome piece on the trunk above the license plate. I am going to have the chrome trim around the doors wrapped. I do NOT want clear or smoked side-markers, I want them gone and I still have the issue of the rear trunk piece. I want a very clean look.

What are you guys opinions on anyone being able to match the designo color? Do you think anyone can? Or even get close?

I originally wanted the designo b/c of it's exclusiveness to the 507 and for value down the road. Thanks for your time and thoughts!!
I went through the same process - ordered Magno but then switched to Polar White. I just think the white will look better in more lighting conditions than the magno. Combined with black wheels its a really nice look.

I have to agree on the side markers. Fortunately we do not need them here, but from the photos they look terrible. Not sure how you get around that and not get picked up all the time.

Cant comment on ability to match colours, but you would think plain colours would be much easier than something like the magno.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Magno looks better than polar white in person and colour matching the side markers is possible if you go to a good body shop. Obviously it wont be perfect because of the paint's metamerism, however it should be able to get close. Dont forget that the side markers are already sicking out so they will always be under different light angles.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 P31 C63, 2014 Bluetec ML, 2004 GT3
in speaking with a number of MB dealer bodyshops in our area, as well as leading non-dealer body shops, they all advised against matte paint. blending and matching is virtually impossible. i am sure this will change over the next few years, but right now, i wouldn't want to be the "test car" for my local body shop.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by VaclavSV
Magno looks better than polar white in person and colour matching the side markers is possible if you go to a good body shop. Obviously it wont be perfect because of the paint's metamerism, however it should be able to get close. Dont forget that the side markers are already sicking out so they will always be under different light angles.
Yeah, I do understand that the side-markers will still come out. My Revo's never quite looked body-color, but I lived with it. I am just curious or at least want to confirm what I read. You have seen them both in person? I do not really know of a good body shop and am just a little nervous about the Magno now. The trunk piece is kind of a more worry than the side-marker. Although both and any other body mod just have me worry now. From what I have seen, I do not mind the white, as I've had four Alpine White MB's.

But yes, I love the Magno. It was obviously my first choice and like the fact that it is reserved, at least for now, to the 507 specifically.

Originally Posted by esses
in speaking with a number of MB dealer bodyshops in our area, as well as leading non-dealer body shops, they all advised against matte paint. blending and matching is virtually impossible. i am sure this will change over the next few years, but right now, i wouldn't want to be the "test car" for my local body shop.
Maybe if the paint job gets screwed up, I will go to the Magno. I'm sure it will be available in the coming months/years. But I have not changed my order yet.