C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

PSS warranty when buying online and using your

Old 08-07-2013, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
PSS warranty when buying online and using your

anyone have any experience buying Michelins online, getting them installed by an independent and then working through the warranty when they wear out quickly?

i will talk to an online discount tire direct rep about it but i figured i'd run it past you guys.

i have to use a particular independent because nobody else remotely close to this area can be trusted when it comes to NOT damaging wheels.

Last edited by builthatch; 08-07-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:03 PM

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts
2009 c63
I think they have to be an authorized Michelin dealer. I have the same question, using the local Goodyear (and they did add a few fine scratches). My situation is compounded by me installing my own winters for a few months. I figure I have no hope of "deducting" those miles (although also Michelin).
Old 08-07-2013, 08:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 C63
Buy from tirerack.com then you won't have a problem.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Correct. As long as you buy them from a Michelin dealer, your warranty will be all good.

I do the same as you and I have used my warranty for this exact question. I usually try to find the best deal on tires. So I end up scavenging the internet to find the best deal (Discount, Tirerack, etc), and I have my local shop always install. I used the warranty twice with this method and never had a problem.

And I hear you about the wheels.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by jordanaf
Correct. As long as you buy them from a Michelin dealer, your warranty will be all good.

I do the same as you and I have used my warranty for this exact question. I usually try to find the best deal on tires. So I end up scavenging the internet to find the best deal (Discount, Tirerack, etc), and I have my local shop always install. I used the warranty twice with this method and never had a problem.

And I hear you about the wheels.
thanks!

yeah Discount Tire Direct is 916 shipped to me, vs. 972.73 from Tire Rack.

when you used the warranty, where did you take the tires to get them assessed for the dealings with Michelin?
Old 08-07-2013, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
i just checked out discount tire (just 2 rear tires) and noticed in the checkout cart that it says "a set of 4 tires qualifies for michelin promise plan", which is (1) 30 day money back guarantee, (2) flat fixing service, and (3) mileage wear warranty. i assume this "MPP" is the sum of these 3 items, and that mileage wear warranty itself alone comes with the tire purchase regardless of the quantity?
Old 08-08-2013, 02:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by builthatch
thanks!

yeah Discount Tire Direct is 916 shipped to me, vs. 972.73 from Tire Rack.

when you used the warranty, where did you take the tires to get them assessed for the dealings with Michelin?
You will have to take them in to a Discount/Tirerack/NTB show them your bill of sale, your bill for install, and they will verify the rest. Then, order tires from whomever verified and when they get in, take them back to your boy for install.