C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

slight whistle/squeak coming from rear during slow initial acceleration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
slight whistle/squeak coming from rear during slow initial acceleration

any clue what this could be? it's a very slight squeaky whistle sound that will go on and off but in no real consistent pattern. it sounds most like sqeaky brakes. it's typically right when i'm taking off and accelerating slowly from a stop. i haven't heard it at over, say, 15-20 mph.

it's definitely coming from the rear end of the vehicle and is very intermittent.

two things that came to mind are stuff on the rotor after braking or some sort of vac controlled valve setup on the exhaust that is whistling a bit.

'09 C 63 with ~4600 miles.

thanks.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
Try this. Park car. Pull ebrake release. Push ebrake firmly. Pull ebrake release again. It might be stuck ebrake.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by khmergod
Try this. Park car. Pull ebrake release. Push ebrake firmly. Pull ebrake release again. It might be stuck ebrake.
you know what! that was the first thing i did the other day. i never use the e-brake but that is what it sounded like. it went away for the time after that but as intermittent as this is, i felt it could have just been chance. it's been back since then.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Always use the ebrake periodically. Once every few days, just to keep things from seizing up. Ebrake is cable actuated, not hydraulic. Over time, dirt, grime and brake dust can enter the cable sleeve. This will cause the ebrake to get stuck, or reduce it's effectiveness.

Whether or not this is your problem, I do not know, but the fact remains.