question about oem front pads PN

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
question about oem front pads PN

I ordered some pads from genuinemercedesparts.com, and got them this afternoon. and before anyone flames, I sent an email to them with this question, but since they are closed, I'll have to wait until the morning for a reply, and my OCD personality won't allow my brain to stop looking for an answer before then.

anyway, i got the parts and for some reason, the part number on the shipping slip and the box are different from the number on the pads themselves. unfortunately, their website doesn't list PN's, so I can't do any more investigating that route. the PN on the slip and box is A004420890, but the PN stamped on the pad is A004420880 (differs by the one digit of 8 instead of a 9).

has anyone here ordered front pads and has some light to shed on this? I am thinking it is either a changed PN or a mistake. I'm hoping it's not the latter bc I don't want to have to wait for a return and reshipment...
Old 08-28-2013, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
I ordered some pads from genuinemercedesparts.com, and got them this afternoon. and before anyone flames, I sent an email to them with this question, but since they are closed, I'll have to wait until the morning for a reply, and my OCD personality won't allow my brain to stop looking for an answer before then.

anyway, i got the parts and for some reason, the part number on the shipping slip and the box are different from the number on the pads themselves. unfortunately, their website doesn't list PN's, so I can't do any more investigating that route. the PN on the slip and box is A004420890, but the PN stamped on the pad is A004420880 (differs by the one digit of 8 instead of a 9).

has anyone here ordered front pads and has some light to shed on this? I am thinking it is either a changed PN or a mistake. I'm hoping it's not the latter bc I don't want to have to wait for a return and reshipment...
Are you sure about the part number?
Usually PN is 10 digits long, you are missing one digit. Anyway if you do a search on parts.com by the PN you might be able answer your question.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a pic is worth a thousand words. and I didn't have any luck at parts. com or other similar sites.
Attached Thumbnails question about oem front pads PN-image.jpg  
Old 08-29-2013, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 C300
found this off an online catalog... doesn't seem like its for c63

Old 08-29-2013, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

response from the vendor: "the number on the pads is just a stamping number even though it looks like a parts number. the number on the box is correct, so you should be all set."

weird, i've never heard of a number on the part being different from the box. and that's the only number on there ...
Old 08-29-2013, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
yep weirdo! Only way to find out is to compare it to the OEM pad you have.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32
EPC says that is for a C63, there are a couple different styles of pads for those cars though. PM me your VIN I can tell you exactly what pads your car is supposed to have.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by durableswedish
EPC says that is for a C63, there are a couple different styles of pads for those cars though. PM me your VIN I can tell you exactly what pads your car is supposed to have.
thanks a lot for the offer, I appreciate it. pads are installed with no problems. plus, I noticed a similar number mismatch for the rears, so i guess that's how it is. I think the numbers on the pads are some sort of sub number, at least for the rears, bc they were "misnumbered" in pairs. anywho, I'm back on the road with full-meat brake pads to burn through.