C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

For those with Eurocharged Tune and have had dealer service...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Porcelain Bus
For those with Eurocharged Tune and have had dealer service...

Has anyone ever been found with the tune if they flashed back to stock beforehand? Eurocharged claims it is not possible, but from my Audi experience, it always is.

Last edited by Dr Chill; 09-22-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
I have had 2 of my previous 3 C63's Eurocharged tune and never had an issue with service. In fact, I never even bothered to re-flash them back to stock. Not once did I have any explaining to do or was rejected service. I do not know if it's even an issue. I'm not sure that MB checks for a tune when the service is performed. Usually they are so busy that I always imagined them taking the car in for service, doing what they have to do(completing the service), maybe it get's wiped out when the hook the car up and complete service, and then returning the vehicle. Now, I have always re-flashed to make sure the tune was still there when I got my cars back. I just always reapply the tune so that if the computers did wipe it out, that I was back in business when I was on the road again.

You guys are so worried about MB detecting a tune. I am curious. Has anyone been rejected or been caused an issue by MB because your car had a tune? Is it always out of a fear, preventative measure to make sure the warranty isn't voided? I have just never thought about it. Now, I have on occasion been worried about the headers. But never a tune.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Porcelain Bus
Since I am new to the C63, my experience is with Audi. Audi dealerships at Audi NA's requirements now interrogate every car's ECU in for service and every car that had been reflashed is detectable, even if they are put back to the stock program with the remote switches or buttons on the turning stalk. The ECU data goes directly to Audi NA and they are flagged TD1 and any future engine issue will be denied warranty coverage regardless of which dealership you go to. It then becomes the burden of the owner to try to prove it is not tune related.

Only the tuning companies themselves can reflash the ECU back to true stock and that requires ECU removal and shipping to them.

Glad to hear MB hasn't progressed to this yet.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 184 Posts
10 C six trizzle
unless the check engine light is on and you want it fixed, they arent going to waste there time.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:00 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS63S
When **** hits the fan with huge problems, chances are they will look further. Finding a flash tune is difficult, but people that know the cars and flash tunes know what to look for. The average MB tech, maybe not. An average MB tech that is an enthusiast, probably..