Supercharger Options for C63 AMG Edition 507

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG Edition 507 Coupe
Supercharger Options for C63 AMG Edition 507

Hi,
I am about to take delivery of my C63 AMG Edition 507 coupe in the next few weeks (transport and customs permitting). Of course, these cars have plenty of power and torque from the factory so I am quite happy with that. But..... there is the temptation to get some more. Supercharger seems like an obvious option. The choice however seems massive. From what i can tell though, it looks like Weistec gear is the choice of cognescenti. Am i right? I wouldn't want to go ballistic with this. I think something like Stage 1 would be plenty. Would Weistec be the way to go? Also, and this is addressed specifically to people in Australia, did anyone have any experience with Weistec's authorised dealer in Sydney? It looks like this is the only one in Australia.

Finally, and it may be a dumb question, what does such an update do to manufacturer's warranty?

Many thanks in advance.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:06 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
Hi Mate,

I'm also from Sydney patiently awaiting delivery of my 507 (late Nov) .. From memory Ramspeed is the authorised dealer in Sydney for such an upgrade.

I think you know the answer to the question on warranty ...

Congrats on the car and hope to see some pics soon... Curious, what are your specs?

Cheers
Mike
Old 09-28-2013, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Weistec is obvioulsy a well known brand. You have Kleeman as well making SC for our cars. I think some aussie members can chime in based on their experience.
I have a question though. Why trying to supercharge a 507 edition? IMO if power was your main concern why didn't you buy a normal C63 and modify it? The beauty of the 507 package is the revisited N/A engine. (+ some other goodies)
In regards to the warranty it will probably be voided by installing a supercharger.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
Hey mate and welcome.

Weistec and Kleeman are the 2 options you have.

There is no difference between a Weistec Stage I and Stage II in terms of hardware from Weistec, the only difference is a Stage II car has upgraded headers/exhaust and new software to match the increased airflow.

You can go Weistec Stage III but to do this you will need to upgrade the tranny to a builtproof tranny and upgrade the TCU. Unfortunately this is almost not an option for us in Australia unless money is not an option, because these parts needs to be shipped to Weistec and due to the distance, shipping costs and wait time will blow out the project.

Due to the difficulty of doing a Stage III Weistec, the difference between the Weistec Stage I or II, or Kleeman Superchargers will be very similair power wise and installation time will only be about a week max. In Monday morning out by the weekend.

If you want to talk to Maverick1975 (Ben), he has both the Wesitec and Kleeman Superchargers and can give you more info on the difference in terms of power delivery and his opinion.

There are a couple of Wesitec dealers in Sydney, Ramspeed and City Performance.

Ramspeed has done all the work on my car, and I cant fault there work. They have been a bit slow at times but as annoying as it might be on the day wanting to get the car back, its worth the wait knowing the work is done 100% and not just slapped together to meet deadlines.

I am waiting on a quote from them on the Stage II Weistec system so hopefully they come up with something reasonable. Ive got a quote from City Performance on the Stage II Weistec already and if your interested in the rough price send me a PM and I can let you know what they came up with.

Charlie
Old 09-28-2013, 02:42 AM

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated! interesting point abcut973. I am at a very very early exploratory stage. Below is the spec on my car:
197 - obsidian black metallic
211 - leather black
250 - AMG's driver's package
793 - 19" AMG alloy wheels in black
889 - keyless go
H80 - black piano dash trim
P61 - Edition 507
U25 - illuminated AMG door sill
U70 - brake calliper red
X87 - designo porcelain two tone

As to Weistec, the only place Weistec themselves show on their website as authorised in Australia is Performance Centre in Artarmon (Sydney). I didn't know about the other one.

From my perspective, if i do go for such an upgrade, it would be an equivalent of Stage 1. I think the others (and definitely S3) is way too exotic for me...

Pics definitely coming! Ship docks in Melbourne on 18 Oct'13. then I am at the mercy of Australian wharfies and customs, so who knows... man, i can't wait.... the Germans turned it around in Bremerhaven in 1 (one) day. I don't expect the same from our guys, but maybe a week, or two? will keep you posted.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
Hi there mate congrats on your new car

Only thing I can add to Charlie's post is contact autowerks as well as he has done a wiestec supercharged package also

Charlie send me this quote please lol
Old 09-28-2013, 04:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG 507 Edition
To be honest, a supercharger seems completely unnecessary on a 507. As delivered the vast majority of power of this car is inaccessible in every day driving - it can be frustrating not finding opportunities to sink the boot in. Throwing in a supercharger just seems like a recipe for frustration to me.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c63
I disagree with u brad

But for the op just get used to the car first

Adding a tune and exhaust will wake this monster up even more
Wait toll u get this car first before making plans

Ps if u want to sell ur wheels I'll take em
Old 09-28-2013, 07:20 AM

Good advice, i think, getting familiar with the car first. then, time will tell. As to the sale of wheels, I presume this was a question for Bardman? for me, i really like them and intend to keep them
Old 09-28-2013, 07:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c63
Both of u guys lol
Old 09-28-2013, 01:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by charliekay
Hey mate and welcome.

Weistec and Kleeman are the 2 options you have.

There is no difference between a Weistec Stage I and Stage II in terms of hardware from Weistec, the only difference is a Stage II car has upgraded headers/exhaust and new software to match the increased airflow.

You can go Weistec Stage III but to do this you will need to upgrade the tranny to a builtproof tranny and upgrade the TCU. Unfortunately this is almost not an option for us in Australia unless money is not an option, because these parts needs to be shipped to Weistec and due to the distance, shipping costs and wait time will blow out the project.

Due to the difficulty of doing a Stage III Weistec, the difference between the Weistec Stage I or II, or Kleeman Superchargers will be very similair power wise and installation time will only be about a week max. In Monday morning out by the weekend.

If you want to talk to Maverick1975 (Ben), he has both the Wesitec and Kleeman Superchargers and can give you more info on the difference in terms of power delivery and his opinion.

There are a couple of Wesitec dealers in Sydney, Ramspeed and City Performance.

Ramspeed has done all the work on my car, and I cant fault there work. They have been a bit slow at times but as annoying as it might be on the day wanting to get the car back, its worth the wait knowing the work is done 100% and not just slapped together to meet deadlines.

I am waiting on a quote from them on the Stage II Weistec system so hopefully they come up with something reasonable. Ive got a quote from City Performance on the Stage II Weistec already and if your interested in the rough price send me a PM and I can let you know what they came up with.

Charlie
The stage 3 needing the upgraded trans and TCU used to be an issue with pre 2012 cars that had the 7G torque converter the newer MCT's that obv comes in the 507 can run the stage 3 run at about 7 psi and put down 670 whp or 850+ crank hp. Thats where the limit is without building the MCT buts its a much stronger trans than the 7G and can handle the stage 3
Old 09-28-2013, 05:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Question

Originally Posted by Bardman
To be honest, a supercharger seems completely unnecessary on a 507. As delivered the vast majority of power of this car is inaccessible in every day driving - it can be frustrating not finding opportunities to sink the boot in. Throwing in a supercharger just seems like a recipe for frustration to me.
Ha ha ha, I know what you mean.
For sure, I'm from the U.S. "Muscle Car" generation, & of course, Ya can NEVER have "enough" power.
HOWEVER, I live in the "Nanny State" of Victoria, & really, these days, where can ya use any more power than an "ordinary" C63. We own a '12 P.P. and the simple answer is, "Ya Can't". Well ya can, but for all intensive purposes, it's just not possible, I mean we've got a 60k limit in the city, cameras & radar every where.
Don't get me wrong, I love my C63, but I'm here to tell ya, the way the roads are now, with cameras, ridiculously restrictve, road rules,...I mean, having ya car impounded for breaking traction....simply B.S.
And yep, I do obey the rules, but my driving enjoyment is now severely restricted.
Cheers, Pickles.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:28 PM

C63 AMG
No offence guys but I don't think anyone can advise anyone else whether adding a supercharger is unnecessary or not, everyone has a different idea of what necessary or not is, some people drags their cars or track them, some people just enjoy having the power on tap, some people think the extra HP is nice to have even if it is barely used.

I am looking at supercharging the C because I have a need for speed and I cant stop playing with my cars, its just a bad habit I have. I am looking for a project car but if don't find one then I will probably throw on a supercharger.

I have seen plenty of high performance cars at the workshop that does all my work that are never used. I have seen a widebody supercharged M3, twin turbo superleggera, supercharged 911 4S, twin turbo R8, all that will never see the track.

I say each to their own. If your going to say that a supercharger is unnecessary because a standard 507 is frustrating, then how is getting a supercharger any different to an tune or exhaust to make more power? All the extra power is unusable according to you, regardless how much more there is.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Question

No offense?....Of course not, we're simply giving our opinion...as you are.
The thrust of my statement was, & is, that with our "restrictive" "road rules", if that's what ya wanna call "em, it's bloody hard to enjoy anything.
Cheers, Pickles.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 285 Likes on 183 Posts
10 C six trizzle
id say instant 500tq is very useful. i can be on the highway in 7th gear and go from 60-100 in a few seconds without a downshift. or stomp it downshift and do it in like 2-3. I use it every day.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c63
Sydney have it just as hard pickles
Old 09-29-2013, 05:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
I have no hesitation in recommending supercharging. The instant torque is intoxicating. There is just no comparison. You don't need to be doing 150kmhr plus to appreciate that either
Old 09-29-2013, 05:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c63
How's the c63 bs going with the kleeman??
Old 09-29-2013, 06:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Originally Posted by mr747
How's the c63 bs going with the kleeman??
It's going like a dream mate. So much torque whenever I need it. Very happy with it
Old 09-29-2013, 07:50 AM

C63 AMG 507 Edition
As Pickles said, its just my opinion.

This car has the most power/torque of any car I have had, and whilst I love driving it, I do miss being able to floor the car more often. This car is magic once it gets on song, foot 3/4 to 4/4 down to the floor, exhaust roaring, and the horizon rapidly coming towards you.

The problem is, whilst I'm enjoying this, I'm also from anywhere from 40 - 70 k's faster than I should be, which obviously is not a sustainable mode of driving, so I only get to enjoy that now and then.

I just feel that with a supercharger I would be even more restricted in being able to put my foot down, which would lead to a lot of drives where I didnt really get the best from the car, which would frustrate the hell out of me.

For those wanting to drag their car, I get the logic of a supercharger, but for those who bought their car for the road, its doesn't make sense to me.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:01 AM

C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
I have no hesitation in recommending supercharging. The instant torque is intoxicating. There is just no comparison. You don't need to be doing 150kmhr plus to appreciate that either
Do you think you need the additional traction of a BS to get the most from a supercharger? You get an extra 30mm on each rear tyre over a standard C63, just wondering whether that makes all the difference, or whether you have to feather the throttle regardless of whether its a BS or not.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:35 AM

C63 AMG
I agree with both of you Pickles and Bardman about the roads being over regulated with cameras and rules and it is hard to enjoy all that power on the road, but there are so many places you have to enjoy it. I am up the road from Eastern Creek and track days or drag nights are always on, and even if your not an all out racer, you can still go down and just have a couple of squirts and enjoy the power to its full potential.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
Hello 507in2013 please feel free to contact us if you need any extra information on our supercharger systems. We would be happy to discuss the different options and what best fits your needs. We have also installed our Stage 2 supercharger system on a 507 in the states and it is an absolute blast to drive! Thanks!

Weistec Engineering
Old 09-29-2013, 10:06 PM

C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by Weistec
We have also installed our Stage 2 supercharger system on a 507 in the states and it is an absolute blast to drive! Thanks!
You guys dont muck around, the car cant have been in the country very long.

Do you have any figures / facts about the supercharged 507?

Video, pictures?

More info would be great.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:15 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Weistec
Hello 507in2013 please feel free to contact us if you need any extra information on our supercharger systems. We would be happy to discuss the different options and what best fits your needs. We have also installed our Stage 2 supercharger system on a 507 in the states and it is an absolute blast to drive! Thanks!

Weistec Engineering
Sent you an email this morning.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Supercharger Options for C63 AMG Edition 507