** OE Tuning vs Eurocharged - Personal preferences (Vendors welcome) **

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
Mods please delete

As the title states, I am curious what the forum consensus is with regard to these two tunes.
Is one more preferable over the other and if so, for what reasons?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Autosport7; 10-02-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
How about you call both companies, talk to them, ask questions and develop your own preference?

This thread is ovbiously a terrible idea unless your looking to troll.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by mdgrwl
How about you call both companies, talk to them, ask questions and develop your own preference?

This thread is ovbiously a terrible idea unless your looking to troll.
Troll? Because I am asking for the preference of those who have experience with a product?
You are obviously oblivious as to why forums exist.
I would like input from those who have had both good and bad experience with their tunes. If they choose to provide the information, great! If not, no big deal.
I'm not necessarily looking for the differences in the two, I want to know true horsepower ratings when each is installed, or the reliability factors between the two, or ease of installation. The best place to get this information is from those who have experience with them.

I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else. I'm not looking for childish comments from immature members that have a personal vendetta against one product or another. Just real results from those kind enough to share their experience.

If you don't think this thread could be useful.... my apologies.

Last edited by Autosport7; 10-02-2013 at 11:54 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Codyg253 (10-18-2019)
Old 10-02-2013, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,572 Likes on 925 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
There have been a couple threads like this that turned into a pissing match.

You can find them pretty easily with the search feature
Old 10-02-2013, 01:22 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Jasonoff
There have been a couple threads like this that turned into a pissing match.
Jeeze, I can't imagine why!
Old 10-02-2013, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by Autosport7
As the title states, I am curious what the forum consensus is with regard to these two tunes.
Is one more preferable over the other and if so, for what reasons?

Thanks in advance.
Troll? Because I am asking for the preference of those who have experience with a product?
I would like input from those who have had both good and bad experience with their tunes. If they choose to provide the information, great! If not, no big deal.
I'm not necessarily looking for the differences in the two, I want to know true horsepower ratings when each is installed, or the reliability factors between the two, or ease of installation. The best place to get this information is from those who have experience with them.

I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else. I'm not looking for childish comments from immature members that have a personal vendetta against one product or another. Just real results from those kind enough to share their experience.

I'd use the search function since there's so many variables that go into your question. Its like , who's better, MB or BMW? We could GO on forever. The better question to ask is what kind of respective results did one get from a tune based on your mods??

NOT that the thread isn't useful, its just that its been digested hundreds of times and there's no consensus!!
Old 10-02-2013, 01:26 PM

C63 AMG

I highly suggest you do research on topics such as this.

Pitting two supporting vendors against eachother in a who's better "head to head" can get ugly.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
I can see where you guys are coming from, makes sense.
I can admit guilt when stupidity gets the best of me.

Mods please delete

Last edited by Autosport7; 10-02-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
The reason behind mdgrwl's post is beause this type of question has been asked many times and it has led to dark places.
A quick search on the forum will give you a lot of answers.
I have no direct experience with OE so I will not comment on them. Again after a search, you should be able to formulate your own opinion.
I do have personal experience with Jerry for the last 4 years. I had a stock and dyno tune and about to tune my 13 CLS. Jerry is an outstanding guy when it comes to knowledge of our cars and how to tune them. His customer service and dedication is beyond reproach and I wish all the vendors were like him.
I believe his tunes to be conservative and reliable. Other tuners have claimed more hp but up to you to decide your comfort level.
I would also add that if you have a shop that can install the tune, I would rather chose someone local so if you have issues, they can help you.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by emericr
The reason behind mdgrwl's post is beause this type of question has been asked many times and it has led to dark places.
A quick search on the forum will give you a lot of answers.
I have no direct experience with OE so I will not comment on them. Again after a search, you should be able to formulate your own opinion.
I do have personal experience with Jerry for the last 4 years. I had a stock and dyno tune and about to tune my 13 CLS. Jerry is an outstanding guy when it comes to knowledge of our cars and how to tune them. His customer service and dedication is beyond reproach and I wish all the vendors were like him.
I believe his tunes to be conservative and reliable. Other tuners have claimed more hp but up to you to decide your comfort level.
I would also add that if you have a shop that can install the tune, I would rather chose someone local so if you have issues, they can help you.
Thanks for your response.
This is precisely the info I am looking for. I don't want the doom and gloom arguments of who said or did what, just basic facts.
Again, I can see where this sort of thread could go off topic real quick, so please if you are to post, only list facts about your experience with the tune itself. This was helpful.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I've had experience with both on multiple cars. After OE tuned my E55 7 out of 8 pistons cracked on the first pull (no exaggeration). After that I contacted Jeremy and was told my motor was weak and not his problem. Needless to say after that I was done with OE. Went back to Jerry and have had good success thus far. Wait until November and you might see a 9 second car tuned by Jerry
Old 10-03-2013, 09:15 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS63S
I've heard good and bad about both.

You're gonna hear horror stories no matter what.

Hell why not add in Renntech, VelosWorks, Kleeman and Weistec.

Personally
I went with OETune on both of my cars.
Both are modded to hell and back.
Both were beaten on.
Both are completely reliable.
I wouldn't change a thing.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 C63 AMG Coupe
OETuning. Especially if you're in OC. Then it's just logical too.

And BenzWorks is the best.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by johnnyblaze
I've heard good and bad about both.

You're gonna hear horror stories no matter what.

Hell why not add in Renntech, VelosWorks, Kleeman and Weistec.

Personally
I went with OETune on both of my cars.
Both are modded to hell and back.
Both were beaten on.
Both are completely reliable.
I wouldn't change a thing.
Originally Posted by Jason Anthony
OETuning. Especially if you're in OC. Then it's just logical too.

And BenzWorks is the best.
Thank you both for some great feed back. Velos is also on my list so we can add that as well.
I am searching on my own as well, but I am sure there are a few stories out there that have not been posted upon that may decide to comment here.
I hope to throw a tune on the C63 in the very near future and I appreciate those who don't mind sharing their experience.

Thanks again.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Mods please delete
?
Nah, if it's still okay with you we'll just leave this here and open for business. thx
Old 10-04-2013, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by splinter
?
Nah, if it's still okay with you we'll just leave this here and open for business. thx
I only asked as the topic of discussion appeared to be quickly heading in the toilette.
Last thing I was looking for as a new member was to be associated with **** storming, was not my intent.
I just hope the thread can stay on topic.

Thanks
Old 10-04-2013, 12:03 PM

C63 P30 PP
personal opinion: eurocharged all the way
Old 10-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
..I just hope the thread can stay on topic..
+1 ha my compensation package is contingent upon these threads doing just that.
:D
Old 10-06-2013, 08:19 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe
Jerry at Eurocharged took care of me when I had my 2012 Eclass coupe. OE didn't have much to offer for the base model Ecoupes; but Eurocharged did. About 25hp/tq for $699.

I traded that in for a C63 last week. (Just got tired of the modding the Eclass and had positive equity so I traded it in). So I'm going with Eurocharged again with the new car. 2013 C63 Coupe . Polar White. Delivers tomorrow.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by sinape62
Jerry at Eurocharged took care of me when I had my 2012 Eclass coupe. OE didn't have much to offer for the base model Ecoupes; but Eurocharged did. About 25hp/tq for $699.

I traded that in for a C63 last week. (Just got tired of the modding the Eclass and had positive equity so I traded it in). So I'm going with Eurocharged again with the new car. 2013 C63 Coupe . Polar White. Delivers tomorrow.
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
At first I had CEL issues with OE. But the latest file never have problems.
OE is stronger...
Old 10-07-2013, 11:15 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
At first I had CEL issues with OE. But the latest file never have problems.
OE is stronger...C63 OE-tuned vs C63 Eurocharged tuned - YouTube
One could be a P30/P31??? One could have LSD and one could not? Theres a ton of factors...I have a Velos and Euro charged tune...I'd say they both pull pretty equal but Eurocharge has smoother shifts...Not saying Velos is bad..it's good but it can be a bit harsh with the shifts..and in my city where theres a set of lights every 100 feet it can suck...Got the Velos dyno'd and the car put down 490 at the wheels...getting Eurocharge dyno'd on the 22nd...maybe do more I hope
Old 10-08-2013, 07:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by avery.whss
One could be a P30/P31??? One could have LSD and one could not? Theres a ton of factors...I have a Velos and Euro charged tune...I'd say they both pull pretty equal but Eurocharge has smoother shifts...Not saying Velos is bad..it's good but it can be a bit harsh with the shifts..and in my city where theres a set of lights every 100 feet it can suck...Got the Velos dyno'd and the car put down 490 at the wheels...getting Eurocharge dyno'd on the 22nd...maybe do more I hope
Avery what (if any) are your supporting mods? 490 to the wheels sounds great, but I assume a tune wasn't the only variable making that power...?
Old 10-09-2013, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Thanks to those who shared their experience! Your insight was helpful and I am now happy to join the "tuned" community!!!
Went with Eurocharged. Paypal was sent 5 mins ago!
Old 10-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
Avery what (if any) are your supporting mods? 490 to the wheels sounds great, but I assume a tune wasn't the only variable making that power...?
just the tune..my car put down around 400 stock..so I'm guessing I just have a "strong" build...I've seen threads where guys with stock c63s run like 340 then some guy runs 390 or 370...IDK why..maybe another member can chime in...but now I have some high flow airfilters (not sure if any gains probably not) and eurocharged tune on...probably going to buy that CF intake...they say you get 10-ish HP gain from it due to more airflow..I get the car dyno'd again in a few weeks so I'll report back with some more numbers...don't really wanna put headers or a exhaust on it because I live in a city full of old people who LOVE to ***** about the loudness of exhausts..plus everyone in my city drives some 4cyl car so when they hear some big V8 roar by i guess they get pissed

P.S I'd suggest changing the airfilters to..only god knows the last time they were changed...mine had bee's and wasps in the airbox and the filters were insanely black...like da f**k? no one ever heard of maintenance??? anyways..
You'll love the eurocharge tune..Enjoy

Last edited by avery.whss; 10-09-2013 at 03:29 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ** OE Tuning vs Eurocharged - Personal preferences (Vendors welcome) **