C63 507 Delivered UK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 05:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG Edition 507 Coupe
C63 507 Delivered UK

Guys,

Just a few shots of my 507 Coupe which has been with me for a month now. Won't go into the problems I've had with this car that's already caused it to be with the dealer for a weeks worth of repairs, but it's back now and it's a fun car.

Note genuine carbon fibre mirrors sourced from Matt installed. Looks great.
Attached Thumbnails C63 507 Delivered UK-image.jpg  
Old 10-03-2013, 05:18 AM

Pic2
Old 10-03-2013, 05:19 AM

Pic3
Old 10-03-2013, 05:21 AM

Pic4
Old 10-03-2013, 05:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
'08 C63 Estate
Congrats Looks amazing
Please mention what problems you had
Old 10-03-2013, 07:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed, looks awesome!!! Same colour scheme as mine, btw

If you can, pls do share with us what's been the problem with the car.

PS. I initially went for the sedan but ended up with an ordered coupe, due to dealer's mistake. but in the end i am actually glad i will get a coupe. love the look of it. love the look of sedan too. hell, i love this car. period.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:58 AM

2010 C300, 2013 C63 AMG
Congrats! Looks sick!
Old 10-03-2013, 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Kudos!!! Such a nice car. After 1000 miles, I can say you're going to love it and look for excuses to drive.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by olszowa12
Congrats Looks amazing
Please mention what problems you had
Faulty fuel delivery module (resolved), faulty DAB module (replaced but still useless), faulty grill seals (on back order), and generally the car creaks and rattles more than any other I've ever owned.

But the exhaust note is addictive :-)
Old 10-03-2013, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Congrats, the car is looking great!

That's a lot of problems for a brand new car, I would have asked for a new one.. Or at least a major compensation for ur troubles.

Btw, for the price they are charging for the 507, I can't believe they didn't include the CF mirrors. At least ur car is black so all the cheap painted black parts blends in nicely.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Dutycalls
Faulty fuel delivery module (resolved), faulty DAB module (replaced but still useless), faulty grill seals (on back order), and generally the car creaks and rattles more than any other I've ever owned.

But the exhaust note is addictive :-)
Crickey, how did it clear quality control, i wonder? any suggestions from the dealer on those creaks and rattles? for the amount of money you forked out on this, it's unacceptable. I hope the dealer is treating you like royalty and will make it up to you.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by 507in2013
Crickey, how did it clear quality control, i wonder? any suggestions from the dealer on those creaks and rattles? for the amount of money you forked out on this, it's unacceptable. I hope the dealer is treating you like royalty and will make it up to you.
Well I've usually been a BMW M man, car before this was an F13 M6, so this is my first Mercedes. My first impression is that Mercedes don't have quality control!

Dealer has been doing all they can, but ultimately it's Mercedes that delivered a car with numerous faults. It gets complex in the UK as dealerships are private entities with Mercedes franchises who purchase from the official importer, Mercedes UK, who in turn purchase from Daimler AG. Hence when making complaints and trying to get someone to approve compensation etc, you are fighting a lot of layers. I've had one similar experience in the past and it ended up driving me so crazy fighting all these entities that the actual vehicle experience was ruined no matter what happened in the end.

So this time, I'm trying to just be calm and let them get the issues sorted out rather than drive myself nuts over it.

Creaks and rattles, well seems the suspension, body flex etc is just not happy with anything other than totally smooth roads, not something we have a lot of in the UK.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:28 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Well I've usually been a BMW M man, car before this was an F13 M6, so this is my first Mercedes. My first impression is that Mercedes don't have quality control!

Dealer has been doing all they can, but ultimately it's Mercedes that delivered a car with numerous faults. It gets complex in the UK as dealerships are private entities with Mercedes franchises who purchase from the official importer, Mercedes UK, who in turn purchase from Daimler AG. Hence when making complaints and trying to get someone to approve compensation etc, you are fighting a lot of layers. I've had one similar experience in the past and it ended up driving me so crazy fighting all these entities that the actual vehicle experience was ruined no matter what happened in the end.

So this time, I'm trying to just be calm and let them get the issues sorted out rather than drive myself nuts over it.

Creaks and rattles, well seems the suspension, body flex etc is just not happy with anything other than totally smooth roads, not something we have a lot of in the UK.
I know that certain squeaks/rattles are tough to avoid with very stiff cars . Especially when it is cool in the morning, the plastics shift with the temps and usually many squeaks stop once the car stays cold, i.e. winter and summer. I always find Fall and Spring noisier.

My 2011 was very good for rattles considering the stiffness save for the stupid popup screen.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by coladin
I know that certain squeaks/rattles are tough to avoid with very stiff cars . Especially when it is cool in the morning, the plastics shift with the temps and usually many squeaks stop once the car stays cold, i.e. winter and summer. I always find Fall and Spring noisier.

My 2011 was very good for rattles considering the stiffness save for the stupid popup screen.
Your Iridium looks great!

I'll get used to the rattles etc I'm sure, but just wasn't expecting it. I was given an E- Class loan car and that rattled also.

I was actually wondering being used to adjustable damping on M cars if the comfort setting on those cars eliminated some of what I might have experienced if they were non adjustable as per the C63.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:44 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Your Iridium looks great!

I'll get used to the rattles etc I'm sure, but just wasn't expecting it. I was given an E- Class loan car and that rattled also.

I was actually wondering being used to adjustable damping on M cars if the comfort setting on those cars eliminated some of what I might have experienced if they were non adjustable as per the C63.
I'm sure it did on the M car, sometimes a different tire can make a difference to the ride as well. I find my 507 is better on the Conti 5p than my 2011 on the Yoko Advans, if a little noisier.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:13 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 169 Likes on 118 Posts
E90 M3, F80 M3, C63 507, F90 M5
Beauty! Congrats enjoy in good health.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:32 AM

It would be interesting what the MB guys come back with.... On a more cheerful note though, this C63 is a beast! maybe one way of looking at those rattles is not that these are issues; they are idiosyncrasies... I tell you, when i took my test drive i was in hook line and sinker. the noise is addictive, the car is beautiful and it goes like a shower of sh%$t!!! Wishing you happy motoring in it. I can't wait for mine.