Old 10-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
mbworld
Exclamation Carbonio AMG63 Promo: 4 MBWorld Members Only

Hi Everyone,

Some of you may have seen our introduction thread here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...omposites.html

In the thread we said that we would be doing a special promotion for MBWorld members that are AMG63 owners. As a manufacturer we wish to get product in the hands of the community and will be subsidizing a limited number of units selling them at a never to be repeated price. For those not totally familiar with the product we are selling the following:

http://carbonio.com/performance/bran...airboxkit.html

Details of the promotion

- Sale price is $1250 (retail is $1950)
- Shipping to anywhere in Canada or US is $25
- Express air shipping to anywhere else in the world $95
- For US and Canada customers, price INCLUDES all duties and taxes
- The inventory for this promotion is set aside and IN STOCK. No group buy waits or special orders
- All product is brand new and carries full warranty

How to buy

- Send MBWorld user ‘Carbonio’ a PM indicating that you are interested and confirm your ship to country. We will send you a single use promotion code for www.carboniodirect.com that will expire in 24 hours. Codes are created manually and will be sent out once or twice a day so be patient. If your code expires we will go to the next person in line.
- We will allocate stock based on the time of receipt in the PM system.

Terms and Conditions

- Inventory is sold first come first served and will post when we are out of stock
- Limit 1 intake per MBWorld username
- We reserve the right to end this promotion at any time and for any reason
Attached Thumbnails Carbonio AMG63 Promo: 4 MBWorld Members Only-5large.jpg  

Last edited by Carbonio; 10-08-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 c63 coupe
GREAT PRICE!

PM sent!
Old 10-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
Bravo!
Old 10-07-2013, 05:36 PM

C63 AMG
Awesome!

PM sent!

Last edited by charliekay; 10-07-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
I've been following your first post and I have to take my hat off to you guys.
That is a great effort from a sponsor.
I wasn't originally interested but that price gets me thinking
Old 10-07-2013, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
pmed
Old 10-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

mbworld
Thank you for the positive feedback and PM's so far. As a new MBWorld sponsor we figured that we would direct some promotional dollars right in the pockets of the community by helping out fellow enthusiasts. Here's hoping for a good distribution of product.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Rob/Mark,

Thank, you so much for your prompt and sincere attentiveness. You guys run GREAT company and absolutely killer customer service.

GUYS- Take advantage of this offer, especially for us MBWorld members. I assure you that it's a great deal from an outstanding company. I have had the same product for over 3 years and it has treated me right, in looks and function. You will NOT get a better one time deal. I would recommend this WAY before any ROW product. I am not affiliated, just a very loyal customer.

They, as new sponsor members, are offering a great deal on a fabulous product. This is an unsolicited testimonial. Good luck and I know you guys will enjoy and benefit from their CF air-boxes. I hope you guys enjoy!!!

Last edited by jordanaf; 10-08-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 P31 AMG
Originally Posted by VividRacing
Bravo!
Can I get a full refund for my 9 month old carbonio box and buy it from them instead??? Haha...excellent airbox...mid end and top end torque can be felt and heard...excellent quality...great buy
Old 10-07-2013, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Opps. Wrong thread

Last edited by jordanaf; 10-08-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 P31 AMG
Originally Posted by jordanaf
No, 9 months is not sufficient enough to get a full replacement.

There is some yellowing to occur.
Oh am seeing it but would rather it turn yellow honestly....Kevlar carbon look...can't wait
Old 10-08-2013, 02:27 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
How does this increase power? I just bought some new AFE airfilters so I don't need those...would the price still be the same if I was looking at just the boxes and cover?

Thanks
Old 10-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

mbworld
Originally Posted by avery.whss
How does this increase power? I just bought some new AFE airfilters so I don't need those...would the price still be the same if I was looking at just the boxes and cover?

Thanks
Power is increased through 3 ways:

1. Our airboxes are much larger in volume than even the ROW airboxes and their shape is optimized to increase flow. The increase of volume of air already past the filters increases torque and throttle response.

2. The use of thermal insulated carbon ensures that the inlet temperatures are kept as cool as possible. Colder air contains more O2 and therefore makes more power. There is no magic here just application of higher end materials which were not reasonable for AMG to use when mass producing these cars.

3. The supplied high flow filters offer all of the well known gains that those filters do. Our kits are sold complete and we do not ship them without filters. If you find yourself with extra filters you can be a good friend to an AMG buddy and give them away (or keep them as spares).

I hope this clarifies things.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:27 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
'16 CLS 63 S
How long will this sale be going on? I'm greatly interested, but I'm still waiting on my VIN for my 507 sedan. Nervous to buy anything with reports of other forum members getting their orders cancelled. Carbonio, please pm me the details and I will try to get word from my dealer tomorrow. Thanks.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

mbworld
Originally Posted by edwardsflight33
How long will this sale be going on? I'm greatly interested, but I'm still waiting on my VIN for my 507 sedan. Nervous to buy anything with reports of other forum members getting their orders cancelled. Carbonio, please pm me the details and I will try to get word from my dealer tomorrow. Thanks.
The special will run until our secret number of allocated units are sold. Regarding our company we have been around for over a decade and have an excellent reputation primarily in the Ferrari world. We are a little new to the Mercedes market but have no intentions of running off with anyone's money. Remember the product we are selling is IN STOCK and will ship same or next day of confirmed payment. Many of these issues you have read about online are from sellers who are using customer deposits to finance their inventory purchases. We are the manufacturer so there are no such games here. If you are interested in proceeding PM me and I'll send you a discount code for your purchase.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
'16 CLS 63 S
Originally Posted by Carbonio
The special will run until our secret number of allocated units are sold. Regarding our company we have been around for over a decade and have an excellent reputation primarily in the Ferrari world. We are a little new to the Mercedes market but have no intentions of running off with anyone's money. Remember the product we are selling is IN STOCK and will ship same or next day of confirmed payment. Many of these issues you have read about online are from sellers who are using customer deposits to finance their inventory purchases. We are the manufacturer so there are no such games here. If you are interested in proceeding PM me and I'll send you a discount code for your purchase.
Not questioning your company or your product. My concern is with Mercedes. A few MBWorld members who have ordered 507 sedans had their orders cancelled by Mercedes due to the change in which factories the C63 sedans will be built as MB retools for next gen. Once I get my VIN I'll let you know. Not going to spend money on a part that I may not be able to use and definitely not going to prevent another member from the opportunity.

If I can't get in on the deal, it would suck, but it'd be okay. Not the end of the world and I can always use the money on headers...
Old 10-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

mbworld
Originally Posted by edwardsflight33
Not questioning your company or your product. My concern is with Mercedes. A few MBWorld members who have ordered 507 sedans had their orders cancelled by Mercedes due to the change in which factories the C63 sedans will be built as MB retools for next gen. Once I get my VIN I'll let you know. Not going to spend money on a part that I may not be able to use and definitely not going to prevent another member from the opportunity.

If I can't get in on the deal, it would suck, but it'd be okay. Not the end of the world and I can always use the money on headers...
Ah that explains it. Thanks for taking the time to set me straight.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 BS, 2011 SLS, 2014 CLS63-S
I need this for my BS. PM sent.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 AMG BS, 2010 DUCATI 1198S
Originally Posted by ced357
I need this for my BS. PM sent.
Yes you do sir. The aesthetics alone are such an improvement over the AMG plastic boxes. This MB World special is a great deal compared to the MSRP. I bought mine slightly used from another member for $1300. I guess patience pays off.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG & RR
I'm interested but would like to know more about the warranty. I've heard of instances where things like these turn yellow due to the heat after a few months. Also do you guys provide instructions for the not so installation savvy C63ers to be able to install this on their own, provided they have the correct tools?
Old 10-09-2013, 10:15 AM

2012 c63 coupe
Picked mine up yesterday.
Installed in 25 minutes, product comes with instructions.
The carbon weave is flawless and the quality is top notch! Well worth the money.

I should have a few pictures up soon, just waiting on my mercedes star as its being painted black
Old 10-09-2013, 11:18 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

mbworld
Originally Posted by Merc-Skycap
I'm interested but would like to know more about the warranty. I've heard of instances where things like these turn yellow due to the heat after a few months. Also do you guys provide instructions for the not so installation savvy C63ers to be able to install this on their own, provided they have the correct tools?
All of our products carry our Unlimited Mileage Guarantee against failures in materials and workmanship. We stand behind our product and if there is an issue we always do our best to resolve it.

On the subject of colour change in carbon here is a place where a little education is key. The reality is that the blends of carbon and resin that have the best insulation properties are also the ones that are most sensitive to colour change when exposed to extreme heat. The change is not extreme but merely a seasoning where the carbon will go from a hard black and take a golden hue. To illustrate this I have attached a photo of a Koenigsegg where the airbox carbon is clearly different in colour to the carbon of the chassis (different blends of carbon optimized for different applications). For those not so familiar with carbon the tire world has a similar parallel. The stickiest and fastest track tires are also the ones that turn the most blue after heat cycling them; merely the cost of performance

Lastly our website has installation instructions published for all of our products. They are at the bottom of each product page indicated by an icon with a wrench on it. Here is the link:

http://carbonio.com/performance/bran...airboxkit.html
Attached Thumbnails Carbonio AMG63 Promo: 4 MBWorld Members Only-konig.jpg  
Old 10-10-2013, 06:34 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
Just ordered mine today...can't wait till it's here..I'll post some pics and such when it's installed...Thanks Carbonio for the good customer service!
Old 10-10-2013, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Just got mine!!!! Gonna go on first thing Saturday morning.

Rob/Mark, thanks you guys have been very helpful and surely knowledgable.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

mbworld
We are almost out of the promotional stock but there are a few left. To answer some common questions:

1. The front cover comes as part of the kit. It is NOT extra. You get it ALL!

2. The kit comes with genuine K&N high flow air filters. Again no need to buy anything extra.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbonio AMG63 Promo: 4 MBWorld Members Only