Wallenius Wilhelmsen tracking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 08:28 AM

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
MY19AMG GT-C; MY14C63-507 - former Audi B6 S4

Hi all,

Sorry if this question has been asked/answered.

When one is tracking a vehicle via the WWL website, ought there be records of when the vehicle was offloaded? I ask because the ship my vehicle was on has left Baltimore but there is no offload record.

Appreciate the insight in advance!

-C
Old 10-14-2013, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG Edition 507 Coupe
Originally Posted by chris135b
Hi all,

Sorry if this question has been asked/answered.

When one is tracking a vehicle via the WWL website, ought there be records of when the vehicle was offloaded? I ask because the ship my vehicle was on has left Baltimore but there is no offload record.

Appreciate the insight in advance!

-C
Hi Chris,
one would expect so. as there are records for booking, receipt at terminal and loading, it would be logical to expect that the offloading steps would also be recorded. the question is however whether once the car is actually offloaded, can you still see those actions on the WWL tracking site? I am yet to find it out as my car is still on the water. Since during the loading cycle we could only see the car once it made it on to the ship (i still don't understand why dealer could not provide me with either the booking number or the bill of lading, which, i think, would make the car visible from the moment it was booked, rather than from the moment it was loaded), i would not be surprised if we lose the visibility once it is off the ship (theoretically, i would expect to be able to see the car until the moment when it is actually handed over by WWL to the freight forwarder. Please note shipping lines and freight forwarders have very strict time limits in which they should clear the car from the vessel and the receiving dock. Otherwise they're up for big storage fees, which they naturally try to avoid). Can you still see you car as being on board the ship, yet the ship already left Baltimore? That would mean that there must be another port in the US where Mercedes cars can be offloaded. If on the other hand you can no longer see it on WWL site, i would expect it was offloaded in Baltimore and it is now in hands of a freight forwarder, on a way to your dealer. Might be an idea to contact your dealer, who should be able to tell you exactly where the car is now. All the best!
Old 10-14-2013, 11:21 AM

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
MY19AMG GT-C; MY14C63-507 - former Audi B6 S4

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply back with the information.

For the car, I know the destination port was Baltimore per the order items I received from my dealer. It was just a bit shocking to see the ship heading South through the Chesapeake Bay and the WWL site saying "Car Loaded on Vessel on xxxxx" I figured something was not quite right with the tracking site.

I'm just going to call my sales guy and find out the situation as you suggested. Probably much more authoritative than the shipping site; as far as they are concerned, their service is done: Bremerhaven to Baltimore. Next stop, Savannah!

Take care and will post pics soon...

Last edited by chris135b; 10-14-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG Edition 507 Coupe
Originally Posted by chris135b
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply back with the information.

For the car, I know the destination port was Baltimore per the order items I received from my dealer. It was just a bit shocking to see the ship heading South through the Chesapeake Bay and the WWL site saying "Car Loaded on Vessel on xxxxx" I figured something was not quite right with the tracking site.

I'm just going to call my sales guy and find out the situation as you suggested. Probably much more authoritative than the shipping site; as far as they are concerned, their service is done: Bremerhaven to Baltimore. Next stop, Savannah!

Take care and will post pics soon...
All the best! mine has left Fremantle and is on the way to Melbourne. likewise, will supply the pics. Can't wait to drive it