C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

2014 C63 - is this a good price?

Old 10-26-2013, 02:36 PM
___

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTI
2014 C63 - is this a good price?

Hi All,

Long time lurker, finally decided to go for it!
In the market for a C63 Sedan, nothing on it but Keyless go and metallic paint.

And so it starts with yet another "is this a good deal" thread; I just came back from my MB dealership where I was quoted the following:

Base: $60,250
Paint: $720
Keyless-go: $650
Destination & Delivery: $925
Gas guzzler: $1,700
Fees: $385
GRAND TOTAL: $64,630

And then they took off:
$2,500 (some kind of rebate I get because of my employer)
$3,845 (savings)
which brought it down to $58,285

That's 9.9% off MSRP, is that a good deal?
TrueCar says invoice is $57,638, say $58k once you factor in the Keyless go so I'm thinking it's pretty good?

Thanks for the help guys, so wanting to pull the trigger but want to make sure the numbers are right!!
Old 10-26-2013, 02:41 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe
Sounds pretty good deal
Old 10-26-2013, 02:41 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 S63 AMG S and 2018 GLS450
Very good deal!
Old 10-26-2013, 02:52 PM

'13 C63 Sedan
Please dont get a c63 without lighting package

Everything else is not a huge deal, but lighting package really makes your car look complete!
Old 10-26-2013, 03:00 PM
___

GTI
Originally Posted by Homie C63

Everything else is not a huge deal, but lighting package really makes your car look complete!
Yeah I know it looks better with Lightning Package but honestly can't justify the price...
Old 10-26-2013, 06:24 PM
___

GTI
It's done!

Well, dropped the deposit ... Now the wait starts... Dealer says about 90 days...
Old 10-26-2013, 08:37 PM

C55 / S550 / Lexus IS300 (sold) / C63 (Sold) / SL500 (Sold) / Lambo Gallardo (RIP)

+1 it looks really ugly without the lighting package. A AMG should never be stripped down. They should come standard honestly. Plus you said can't justify the price? Saving your life is a good price. You don't know how many times those bright lights have curved around the corner with my steering wheel and saved me from hitting a deer here in Alabama or broke down car on laurel canyon at night in LA. I may only see it 1-2 seconds faster than non xenon, but 1-2 seconds can save your life man. Definitely please don't get it without xenon. Should also get nav. I think those 2 should be basic musts in every AMG. Plus it will help in the resale. Usually someone buying an AMG is an enthusiast and will probably expect those things. I know for me and my MB friends we specifically looked for those 2 options. Same with the C55 I just bought they look hideous without the HIDs. I would never purchase one without it. So I made sure I only looked for one with HIDs. The 08-11 C63's headlight housings looked almost identical so looks-wise it didn't much matter if they had HIDs, you really couldn't tell. Plus the non hid lights in your C63 will have all incandescent bulbs, more possibilities of bulbs burning out.

Last edited by Arab_Homie; 10-26-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:47 PM
___

GTI
Originally Posted by Arab_Homie
+1 it looks really ugly without the lighting package. A AMG should never be stripped down. They should come standard honestly. Plus you said can't justify the price? Saving your life is a good price. You don't know how many times those bright lights have curved around the corner with my steering wheel and saved me from hitting a deer here in Alabama or broke down car on laurel canyon at night in LA. I may only see it 1-2 seconds faster than non xenon, but 1-2 seconds can save your life man. Definitely please don't get it without xenon. Should also get nav. I think those 2 should be basic musts in every AMG. Plus it will help in the resale. Usually someone buying an AMG is an enthusiast and will probably expect those things. I know for me and my MB friends we specifically looked for those 2 options. Same with the C55 I just bought they look hideous without the HIDs. I would never purchase one without it. So I made sure I only looked for one with HIDs. The 08-11 C63's headlight housings looked almost identical so looks-wise it didn't much matter if they had HIDs, you really couldn't tell. Plus the non hid lights in your C63 will have all incandescent bulbs, more possibilities of bulbs burning out.
Well that's just the thing: I could definitely justify the Lightning Package if I had use for it beyond aesthetics. But I don't: unfortunately mine is mostly suburbian driving, no dark windy roads...

As for navigation, I've been getting it on all my cars for years and came to the realization that I never use it. iPhone with Google Maps (not built-in Apple Maps) is just so much easier than those clunky age-old interfaces (especially Command; iDrive I could maybe go for).

I've also been the type to get all the gadgets (blind spot, lane tracking, mp3 HDD) but same outcome: never use them.

And then I just love the Dynamica upholstery and how it gives the seats a black-on-black kind of contrast.

And that's how I end up with an admitedly bare bone C63.

Your advice re resale value makes a lot of sense though, I know you're totally right, but I've decided to not care: the car is for me, not the person that will end up with it once I trade it in.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:55 PM
A C

2016 E350
Not bad...

But not fantastic either. I paid 57.9 for a 68k car. Keyless, lane tracking, navigation (which gives you the backup camera too) and paint, that's it.

Didn't want leather and there weren't many without it, plus dealer ave me a screaming deal. One pay lease of just under $20k including tags and fees with $10k off MSRP. I've bought 6 MBs from the dealer so that is part of it.

You won't miss the xenons unless you had them before. Are they worth the up charge, yes. The alcantra seats are fantastic. The power is addicting. Get ready for 13mpg....

Have fun.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:15 PM

C55 / S550 / Lexus IS300 (sold) / C63 (Sold) / SL500 (Sold) / Lambo Gallardo (RIP)
Originally Posted by ___
Well that's just the thing: I could definitely justify the Lightning Package if I had use for it beyond aesthetics. But I don't: unfortunately mine is mostly suburbian driving, no dark windy roads...

As for navigation, I've been getting it on all my cars for years and came to the realization that I never use it. iPhone with Google Maps (not built-in Apple Maps) is just so much easier than those clunky age-old interfaces (especially Command; iDrive I could maybe go for).

I've also been the type to get all the gadgets (blind spot, lane tracking, mp3 HDD) but same outcome: never use them.

And then I just love the Dynamica upholstery and how it gives the seats a black-on-black kind of contrast.

And that's how I end up with an admitedly bare bone C63.

Your advice re resale value makes a lot of sense though, I know you're totally right, but I've decided to not care: the car is for me, not the person that will end up with it once I trade it in.
I have had people dip in price for me when looking for a C55 once I told them I didn't want it without the HIDs. They went down up to 3 grand with one guy hut I still woukdnt do it. Safety should always be a priority and believe me they do more than aesthetics. But if you are fine with looking at it everyday with the halogens then that's all that matters. I myself honestly could never do it it would bug me everytime I looked at it.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:40 PM

'13 C63 Sedan
+10000000 to lighting package! I don't know how an AMG can drive around with orange lights.... mb shouldve made xenons standard on AMGs. There are so much discounts you can get on c63s right now. I know a lot of people getting 10+ grand off right now. I bought mine used with 5-6000 miles at 81k MSRP. It was priced at 69k. I got it for 61k. Almost every option. Dealers need to get rid of these for space for the new CLA and upcoming new C models. x_x
Old 10-26-2013, 11:42 PM

+10000000 to lighting package! I don't know how an AMG can drive around with orange lights.... mb shouldve made xenons standard on AMGs. There are so much discounts you can get on c63s right now. I know a lot of people getting 10+ grand off right now. I bought mine used with 5-6000 miles at 81k MSRP. It was priced at 69k. I got it for 61k. Almost every option. Dealers need to get rid of these for space for the new CLA and upcoming new C models. x_x
good idea. Hey " ___ " (cool screen name btw didn't know u could make a screen name with all underscores) why not just buy a super low mileage 2013 C63 or I even saw a C63 Edition 507 on eBay. Since you are talking about justifying price. You can get one full loaded for cheaper. And won't have to ride around in ugly halogens.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:04 AM

'13 C63 Sedan
ahhh its okay... he already put a deposit down for the car. ;'(
Old 10-27-2013, 12:12 AM

I've done plenty of special orders. You can still change it. Especially this early in.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:16 AM

And they told me I could get my deposits back if I didn't want the car. They just needed the deposit to make sure I wanted it. They would sell it even if I didn't take it. But you can still add the HID . Of you got a 7 year loan the HID only comes out to an extra 16$ month :-D sorry man just trying to save u from having to look at those headlights every day.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:48 AM

C63 Coupe
I agree About the Hologens BUT this is not cool he simply asked if its a good price for the Car he ALLready laid a deposit for.. IMHO I think its an good price for a 14' but I agree with Arab about a a well optioned 13' .. if he thinks he can do without the lighting package then leave it be No need to bash the guy about headlights.. i have the lighting package and sure I love it But lets be Honest.. we don't buy these cars For lights....

Congrats on your car I've had mine since june and still as excited as the day I bought it...
Old 10-27-2013, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by MikeTc63
I agree About the Hologens BUT this is not cool he simply asked if its a good price for the Car he ALLready laid a deposit for.. IMHO I think its an good price for a 14' but I agree with Arab about a a well optioned 13' .. if he thinks he can do without the lighting package then leave it be No need to bash the guy about headlights.. i have the lighting package and sure I love it But lets be Honest.. we don't buy these cars For lights....

Congrats on your car I've had mine since june and still as excited as the day I bought it...
I buy em for more than the performance. If they were ugly no one would buy it. I honestly woukdnt buy an AMG if it wasn't fully loaded. Whole package does it for me, not part of the package or 75% of it. And you can always make changes. Deposit doesn't mean options are a done deal unless it's a special order paint color. I think we were just trying to save the guy before it was too late to make changes in the options and he mentioned he coukdnt justify it, so I was simply trying to make him see the value in them. As for price ya it's a decent price for one with no options. I think 58 was the base MSRP when I got my 63 in 09. The 2010 was already in lots so they sold me my 68/70grand sticker price car for 59 grand just to get it off the lot for the new model one. Only thing was it was black and I HATE black cars. I wanted white but they gave me such a good deal I couldn't resist. It had Performance Pack, multimedia, and lighting package.I think I got a killer deal .
Old 10-27-2013, 08:55 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2017 S550, 2017 C63S, 2019 Raptor
Originally Posted by Arab_Homie
good idea. Hey " ___ " (cool screen name btw didn't know u could make a screen name with all underscores) why not just buy a super low mileage 2013 C63 or I even saw a C63 Edition 507 on eBay. Since you are talking about justifying price. You can get one full loaded for cheaper. And won't have to ride around in ugly halogens.
I am looking at a 10 with 15k miles, had a 77k sticker asking 46k, it's a p02, p31 car. Even at asking price this seems like a good deal.

When I was picking up my new ML Blutec yesterday I thought about ordering one but I'm not sure the price difference is worth it unless I order Edition 507. I would only order the lighting package with that car because it's all about the engine. A coupe with lighting and Edition 507 (which gives you leather I just saw) in black lists for 74,015. I'm not sure if you can get aggressive discounts on the 507 car, but perhaps.

Good luck to the OP on the great purchase. I'm still confused about whether or not I want the C63 or CLK BS. I need to figure that out to get my a$$ in gear on finding a car.

Last edited by zer0t; 10-27-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Get the lighting pkg, you won't regret it for a multitude of reasons, however honestly it will be hard enough to sell/trade later on without nav and others. Your call, but the overwhelming majority of folks with experience owning these cars will say don't get it without the lighting pkg.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:17 PM
___

GTI
Well guys first off thanks for all the feedback, feels good to be part of the community after spending so much time on the outside reading everything.

I get what you're all saying. I'll think about it. I do have some time to change the order...

As for all the "buy used" comments, I looked into that believe me! But to your guys's point all the used I can find are loaded and as a result their price essentially comes down to what I'm paying for my bare bone new one. And I prefer new over features that I don't use...
Not to mention there's only three colors I could go for: Steel grey, Diamond White, and Palladium (in that order of preference). It seems 90% of the cars that are up for sale in my area (IL), new or used, are black - which I don't like because it's going to be my DD and I don't like a dirty car.

So bottom line I still think I've made the right decisions for myself, but by all means I enjoy the discussion and I'm not stubborn so let me know what you all think!
Old 10-27-2013, 03:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63
i'm having the opposite problem. would like to find a used, certified loaded up 12 sedan. I keep finding them missing the lighting package, or key less go, or leather package. its always something! Then they all happen to be black which is the only color i won't take.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:57 PM

'13 C63 Sedan
If you don't mind the shipping cost of bringing a car out of state, there are a BUNCH of loaded c63 sedans you can get. And ______, don't listen to the price dealers have for their c63s. You can seriously get 5-10k off that price. Best advice is being able to walk away when you arent getting the price you want. They will eventually come back to you and give u something close to the price you want. And if you refuse again, they will most likely just give you what you want (as long as it is reasonable). Not many people can afford C63s... these cars will stay in their inventory until you buy it :>
Old 10-27-2013, 06:00 PM

'13 C63 Sedan
ok, except 507s. You can probably get 1-2k off if youre lucky... but you can get a huge discount on '09-'11... and a good discount on '12-'13
Old 10-27-2013, 06:02 PM

'13 C63 Sedan
Damn... just checked autotrader.. there are already used 507s on the market lol. even one with 227 miles. what :O
Old 10-27-2013, 08:10 PM

Damn... just checked autotrader.. there are already used 507s on the market lol. even one with 227 miles. what :O
It's probably the same one I saw on eBay. That's what I meant by getting one used like that with pretty much demo miles on it.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2014 C63 - is this a good price?