C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

JL Motoring CF Rear Big Fin Diffuser Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63, M5
Angry JL Motoring CF Rear Big Fin Diffuser Install

My first impression of the piece was that the carbon fiber weave looks good. There were a couple spots here and there of imperfection where the glue had been rubbed on the front and left to dry. i will handle that later. I turned the piece to the backside and its METAL TABS!! NO WONDER THE PICTURES NEVER SHOW THE BACK OF THE DIFFUSER. IF I KNEW THIS I WOULD HAVE PASSED ON IT. i calmed down and decided to go ahead and install it. i bent the metals tabs to prepare for insertion into the bumper. i inserted it and reached in to bend the tabs down to secure it to the bumper. it was secure and looked good. i went to check on a spot that still had a gap and bent it to secure and THE TAB FELL OFF! PICTURES INCLUDED...
Attached Thumbnails JL Motoring CF Rear Big Fin Diffuser Install-1.jpg   JL Motoring CF Rear Big Fin Diffuser Install-2.jpg   JL Motoring CF Rear Big Fin Diffuser Install-3.jpg   JL Motoring CF Rear Big Fin Diffuser Install-4.jpg   JL Motoring CF Rear Big Fin Diffuser Install-5.jpg  

Old 10-27-2013, 11:13 PM

2011 C63 AMG
Sorry to hear that. I have had the JL Motoring Big Fin diffuser for about a year now with no issues. I was also surprised by the metal tabs but have been happy with it and it has held up great. I have played around in the past with either bending them upward or downward. I found upward and really bending them tight helped keep the diffuser on tight. I however picked it up directly and had it initially installed by James at Jl as I live locally in SoCal. Hopefully if you contact them they will be able give you a replacement.

I personally like the diffuser because it is a little more beefy and aggressive than others like mode. The fins are a bit larger and more defined.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:28 AM

C63, M5
So im trying to talk to James at JL-Motoring. im requesting an advance replacement before i ship out the broken one to him. I dont think thats to much to ask and ive even offered my credit card for a hold on the part. James insists that i send him the old one back before i receive my replacement. Im purposefully doing this so i dont get back what i sent in just to be repaired and sent back to me. Am i being reasonable for doing this.

BTW... Ive done this before with APR without any problems whatsoever on a Carbino CF air intake for an S5. They were fine with the advance replacement. Should i be concerned???
Old 10-31-2013, 02:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by synacide
So im trying to talk to James at JL-Motoring. im requesting an advance replacement before i ship out the broken one to him. I dont think thats to much to ask and ive even offered my credit card for a hold on the part. James insists that i send him the old one back before i receive my replacement. Im purposefully doing this so i dont get back what i sent in just to be repaired and sent back to me. Am i being reasonable for doing this.

BTW... Ive done this before with APR without any problems whatsoever on a Carbino CF air intake for an S5. They were fine with the advance replacement. Should i be concerned???
Yes, that is a reasonable request.

I'm a huge firearms aficionado and when I get gear that is not to my satisfaction (mags, tactical gloves, etc.), I call the vendor, politely explain the situation, offer to ship it back, and request that a replacement be sent immediately so that I can use what I paid for.

Good luck.