C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

New to the AMG World - Another newbie with questions

Old 10-30-2013, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C63AMG
New to the AMG World - Another newbie with questions

Hi all, after going back and forth for the last 3 months between the M3 and the C63 I'm now a proud owner of an '08 C63 AMG - with just 9,700 Miles she's barley been driving over the last 5 years.

I may have slightly overpaid for the lower mileage but car is immaculate / like new.

Quick question - I had a Mercedes Stealership do a pre-purchase inspection. All came back as it should. However I'm noticing noise from the rear end - Typical rotation 'whirring'.

Are these rear diffs typically loud on this car? I feel like I'm in my old Mustang GT it's super loud at low speed (20-40mph). I'm hoping its the cheap older tires that need replacing but wanted to get your thoughts. Stealership advised there isn't an issue and it "probably is just the tires"...so wanted some real advice. Any feedback?

I've heard they are due for the rear diff service around 40k/4years but assuming it wouldn't quiet the back end down even if I were to have this service.

Secondly, any other members in warmer states (TX,AZ etc.) who could recommend a quality and quiet tire for this beast?

Thanks All
Old 10-31-2013, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Welcome!
Wow 9700mls on an 08 MY is rare! Reminds me of Meng's sedan
How much is overpaid for you? IMO low mileage 08 should go for less than 45k$.
As for your rear end noise I think it's the tires as well but difficult to say without actually hearing the sound.
Enjoy safely the beast
Old 10-31-2013, 12:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C63AMG
Thanks- $41,500 , private individual sale in MD. I had to bring the car back to TX so add a little to that. Still, I was happy with the price based on the condition...immaculate. I'll use it as a third vehicle so hoping to keep the mileage down. I never like being upside down on the price but even now looking at comparable listings I think I'm about right.

The noise doesn't concern me, but if anything it's just annoying. Can't wait to put some new shoes on her and see what that does. Current tires were put on in early '10, so I figure although they have plenty of tread the fact they are 'Generals' may have something to do with it..really who puts that tire on that car?