C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

new to forums: is this a good deal for C63?! help please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
acura rsx
new to forums: is this a good deal for C63?! help please!

Hello everyone!

I am completely new to this forum and Mercedes Benz in general. Just drove a used 2009 C63 AMG today at a dealer lot and I must say, coming from an Acura RSX S, it is beast.

I need some help, I have been reading all sorts of things about this car (both good and bad) and wondering is this a good deal!?

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...GF77X29F321708

$40,000 out the door.
It is black on black with 13,104 miles.
Seems to have the Premium Package 1 with navigation

According to the carfax report above, it has been through 2 owners and had some engine work done at only 8K miles...

- Cylinder head gasket(s) replaced
- Engine/powertrain computer/module reprogrammed
- Engine timing/front cover gasket replaced
- Valve cover gasket(s) replaced

Is this normal?! sounds as if the car had the **** beaten out of it..... also read somewhere on this forum that the 08 / 09 models had some head bolt problem causing engines to basically fail.

Price seems pretty sexy as dealer is willing to throw in 4 brand new tires as well. KBB looks like it is around $47K. car is in pretty damn good condition though the engine is a mystery....

Please share your thoughts people! I would love to become an active member assuming this is a decent deal! please advise, I am all ears.... thanks in advance!
Old 10-31-2013, 01:08 PM

acura rsx
Looking forward to any opinions or answers
Old 10-31-2013, 01:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C63 2016 AMG GT S
If was me, I would jump all over it. The carfax report does not really tell you the story of the car. The dealer may have done these repairs unnecessarily, but could not say for sure. Most of the C63's on carmax.com are around 35-38K with many more miles.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:59 PM

'13 C63 Sedan
It's a great price. Keep in mind that if it's a 2009 with only that much miles, it will still have warranty left on it. even better if it's a CPO with extended warranty. However... it sounds like it doesnt have lighting package. Cant stress enough how incomplete a c63 looks withouht Xenons. It's an AMG, not a c250/350.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:06 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS63S

Sounds like it had the faulty headbolts replaced under warranty already.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Yep mileage is pretty low for a 09 MY and price is very attractive.
How was your feeling engine wise when you drove it?
P1 package means you don't have leather right? P2 package is the one offering it + other otions. Looking at the carfax this sedan is in Hawai. Are you there?
The mileage makes sense now since it's an island. Difficult to put big miles on it. I don't know why this gasket work was done at 8k mls. There are no patterns for the headbolt issue but 8k mls (if it's the case) is damn early !
If you like the car make sure you get an extended warranty as your factory one has already expired (05/18/13). GL
Old 10-31-2013, 03:22 PM

acura rsx
Thanks for all the feedback so far.

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/ctd/4157386331.html

that is the exact car i am looking at.

I believe it does have Xenon lighting but P1 = no leather?! darn, that thing had me fooled. i could have sworn that was leather and not "pleather". Per the pictures, can anyone confirm?

Engine did feel pretty good driving it but i have been doing some research and seems as if this car can get some pretty insane repairs early, early on. (Nav screen failing to open, weird cabin smells, head bolt problem, etc.)

As for the warranty, yes it seems to be expired. Any recommended insurance companies for the extended warranty?

Yes i do live in Oahu, Hawaii so I typically put on maybe 5-6K miles a year. Not sure why I need a car this beast and horrible on gas mileage when I barely drive it but why not.

last thing, all that head gasket, valve cover gasket, engine timing / front cover gasket.... is this a remedy to the head bolt problem? Doesn't sound like it.... as i believe the actual head bolt needs to be replaced for the problem to be corrected. Sounded as if the 08 - 09 engines had this as a common problem which could result into a $45K repair (read this from another forum board)

thanks again everyone, you are awesome!
Old 10-31-2013, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
As someone already mentioned it appears the headbolt replacement has already been done, if this is the case I would jump all over it. You should be able to pull the VIN and call a MB dealer with the VIN and get a service history. I would not trust CarFax, I know too many horror stories related to Carfax

Good luck and enjoy
Old 10-31-2013, 04:52 PM

2009 C63: <sold> '07 E63
I think this is a similar deal to the one I just picked up. '09 with 13k miles, p2, multimedia, ipod, voice control and cpo for $41,500.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Originally Posted by runandgun1373
Thanks for all the feedback so far.

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/ctd/4157386331.html

that is the exact car i am looking at.

I believe it does have Xenon lighting but P1 = no leather?! darn, that thing had me fooled. i could have sworn that was leather and not "pleather". Per the pictures, can anyone confirm?

Engine did feel pretty good driving it but i have been doing some research and seems as if this car can get some pretty insane repairs early, early on. (Nav screen failing to open, weird cabin smells, head bolt problem, etc.)

As for the warranty, yes it seems to be expired. Any recommended insurance companies for the extended warranty?

Yes i do live in Oahu, Hawaii so I typically put on maybe 5-6K miles a year. Not sure why I need a car this beast and horrible on gas mileage when I barely drive it but why not.

last thing, all that head gasket, valve cover gasket, engine timing / front cover gasket.... is this a remedy to the head bolt problem? Doesn't sound like it.... as i believe the actual head bolt needs to be replaced for the problem to be corrected. Sounded as if the 08 - 09 engines had this as a common problem which could result into a $45K repair (read this from another forum board)

thanks again everyone, you are awesome!
Looking at the picture it seems it has P2 package with leather multimedia etc... Call your local MB dealer to check the VIN and service history.
If legit go for it. Low price and mileage
Old 10-31-2013, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by runandgun1373
Hello everyone!

I am completely new to this forum and Mercedes Benz in general. Just drove a used 2009 C63 AMG today at a dealer lot and I must say, coming from an Acura RSX S, it is beast.

I need some help, I have been reading all sorts of things about this car (both good and bad) and wondering is this a good deal!?

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...GF77X29F321708

$40,000 out the door.
It is black on black with 13,104 miles.
Seems to have the Premium Package 1 with navigation

According to the carfax report above, it has been through 2 owners and had some engine work done at only 8K miles...

Is this normal?! sounds as if the car had the **** beaten out of it..... also read somewhere on this forum that the 08 / 09 models had some head bolt problem causing engines to basically fail.

Price seems pretty sexy as dealer is willing to throw in 4 brand new tires as well. KBB looks like it is around $47K. car is in pretty damn good condition though the engine is a mystery....

Please share your thoughts people! I would love to become an active member assuming this is a decent deal! please advise, I am all ears.... thanks in advance!

Considering the head bolt, lifter, issue was resolved under warranty (which is a not so uncommon big buck problem to fix) , the car seems like a good bargain. Is the car CPO? That's worth a few bucks more.