C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Need your opinion on an install quote guys!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 05:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Need your opinion on an install quote guys!

So I purchased OEM power folding mirrors and the window/mirror switch panel that I need to retrofit my car with these. I know the dealer will have to use STAR to make em work, so I figured I'd get a quote from the dealer on the install and programming....service advisor said about $500 (rough estimate and I'll get a more precise on this Thursday), but does that sound fair or should I ask a body shop how much it will be to install these and then just take it to the dealer for the programming?

Service advisor said about 3 hours...any help would be great from those of you that have done this....thanks! 3 hours seems a bit high since the mirrors can be swapped in like 20 minutes right (I recall seeing a thread about this somewhere else)?
Old 11-13-2013, 06:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
I swapped out my prefacelift folding mirrors for facelift folding mirrors on my own in 10 minutes for both. I had never done it before.

Though because I already had folding mirrors no programming was needed, straight swap.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Thanks man! So I guess I need to figure out how long the switch panel install and reprogram would take on mine since my 09 just has standard fixed mirrors