My two cents on the new 507

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 10:50 AM
UMP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507
My two cents on the new 507

I have driven 1200 miles on the new 507 and wanted to share some thoughts.
Traditionally I am a BMW guy. In the past I have raced a highly modified E36M3 in BMW club racing and currently own an E46M3. However, once I saw the 507 I just had to have it. I'm not a stranger to power. I have owned a 1967 427-435hp Corvette, 460hp Viper and a 930 Turbo among others. Back in the day I used to own a used car dealership and have driven all sorts of wacked out cars at some time or other.

Having said this, the 507 is the craziest car I have EVER driven. I have heard that the C63 AMG has the most HP in relation to tire size than ANY car made, period. Maybe that's why the car feels so nutz! In all honesty, this car really scares me. It takes a strong soul to slow down when pushed by testosterone driven teenagers thinking they can "take this Mercedes" when you know in fact you can turn them to dust. The problem is, this car piles on the speed so fast and smooth, before you know it, you'll be in a ditch or worse.

On the flip side, this car is an absolute dream to drive at the speed limit. No other vehicle I have ever driven other than a Harley Davidson invites simple smooth cruising.

In a nut shell, I love this car. I was prepared for power, but the way the engine ignites, the way the exhaust rumbles and the uncontrollable smash of power really surprised me. Being surprised was somthing I was not ready for. Maybe it's because I'm old and things are just built better as time goes by. However, maybe it's because this 507 is just an amazing car and I'm glad to own one.

Enjoy the car and be safe out there!

Last edited by UMP; 11-13-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 Coupe 507, CLK55 Convertible, X1 35i, 70 GTO convertible, motorcycles
Roger that. I totally agree that the C63 is fun to drive slowly...which is how many of us really end up driving much of the time...and when the opportunity to go fast appears, well then it is even more fun. Plus, it's mellow-looking and easy to live with...overall, the perfect daily driver IMHO.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife bananas! :D
the c63 really is a great car. One day, people will realize just how lucky we are to have experienced such a machine.

not sure about where you are but where I am, there is no problem with accelerating fast to posted speeds off a traffic light. I've found that it is usually enough for most other drivers to know who's the big dog.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:41 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Originally Posted by UMP
Traditionally I am a BMW guy. In the past I have raced a highly modified E36M3 in BMW club racing and currently own an E46M3. However, once I saw the 507 I just had to have it. I'm not a stranger to power. I have owned a 1967 427-435hp Corvette, 460hp Viper and a 930 Turbo among others. Back in the day I used to own a used car dealership and have driven all sorts of wacked out cars at some time or other.

Having said this, the 507 is the craziest car I have EVER driven. I have heard that the C63 AMG has the most HP in relation to tire size than ANY car made, period. Maybe that's why the car feels so nutz! In all honesty, this car really scares me. It takes a strong soul to slow down when pushed by testosterone driven teenagers thinking they can "take this Mercedes" when you know in fact you can turn them to dust. The problem is, this car piles on the speed so fast and smooth, before you know it, you'll be in a ditch or worse.

On the flip side, this car is an absolute dream to drive at the speed limit. No other vehicle I have ever driven other than a Harley Davidson invites simple smooth cruising.

In a nut shell, I love this car. I was prepared for power, but the way the engine ignites, the way the exhaust rumbles and the uncontrollable smash of power really surprised me. Being surprised was somthing I was not ready for. Maybe it's because I'm old and things are just built better as time goes by. However, maybe it's because this 507 is just an amazing car and I'm glad to own one.

Well said UMP! the 507 is bonkers!

Sometimes when I drive just a simple smooth acceleration, not even trying to go fast and you like behind and see how far back the cars are behind you...it is stunning what torque can do.

The only problem is this car almost ruins every other sedan experience. I tried to get into an S7, 550i, etc...and they just do not compare and they don't touch your soul like the C63.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 507, 911 Carrera, Range Rover, Disco
Originally Posted by UMP

Another satisfied customer here - car is a menace. Sedate cruiser or Madmax style...its all "in there"

I am glad my driving record is in good shape.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
i love my c63
Old 11-13-2013, 07:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
'14 C63 "Edition 507"; '02 Widebody WS6 Trans Am ~ 1,200hp (kills everything)
I love this thread.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
2 years this New Years Eve. Thats how long I have had a C63 (I have had two). I have never gone this long without having a wandering eye. I have never spent so much time reading and researching and looking at the car I own and NOT thinking about what I would like next. I feel like I could drive it forever. It is just a damn fine car.

Having said that......show us some pics of that bad *** TA you've got in your sig there Austin.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:52 AM

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
MY19AMG GT-C; MY14C63-507 - former Audi B6 S4
Originally Posted by UMP

Excellent post and write up. Couldn't agree more to the thoughts! Personally, I've been on slow, smooth road trips with the car and it is just so smoooooooooth. Reminds me of a Sade song! Then, once there is room to burn off some carbon, things get loud, exciting and fast in a hurry! As mentioned in another post, if you have the opportunity to be in a tunnel: put the window down, go into S+ mode at 30 mph, make sure there is ample room in front of you and go WOT. Oh my........!!!!!

Enjoy your beasts everyone.