C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Need help - Dealer says running into issue installing power folding mirrors.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Need help - Dealer says running into issue installing power folding mirrors.....

Service advisor called me today...said they are running into some "block" issue when trying to reprogram the car for the folding mirrors...my car is an 09 and I dropped off the car for service yesterday and decided to have them install my power folding mirrors and the switch panel I bought...they said they might have to send their laptop to get some software download or something from Mercedes and then reprogram it later???? Anyone of this make sense or more importantly, does anyone have any info I can tell the dealer?

Thanks in advance for any help...I'm hoping someone who has gone through this here can gimme some advice to tell the dealer.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 184 Posts
10 C six trizzle
adding options to a vehicle isnt easy. They will probably have to contact there local tech rep. and have them add in the option codes. perform the programming to door control modules, central gateway and instrument cluster. Benz doesnt give universal access to anything anymore. most programming is automated and cant be modified which makes it a pain.