C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

any droning if only the primary cat was deleted?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 06:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63s AMG W205
any droning if only the primary cat was deleted?

Hi there I did my search but couldn't find much info on how much louder it would be if only the primary cat was deleted (both secondary cats and resonators are intact)? I would like to take advantage of the HP gain after the deletion of the primary cat but wouldn't want any droning.
THanks in advance!
Old 11-28-2013, 07:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Why dont you delete your secondaries too for even more power gain? Keep the resonators? Well, full catless for me didnt drone at much, if at all actually. It drones a little if youre in seventh gear and press the gas but nothing you wouldn't be able to live with. Idk how itll sound, but the primaries are the biggest bottleneck so itll be MUCH louder, not insanely, but louder im sure. I tried no primaries with an x pipe and an h pipe, and both of them only drone at 7th when youre on the has, but still not that bad droning.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63s AMG W205
Dont wanna go full catless as cannot tolerate the drone at all (my STi is loud enough catless+Full titinium exhaust).
Was hoping it wont drone n only a moderate increase in loudness when flooring it by retaining secondary cats