Old 11-29-2013, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03' E55 AMG
mercedes amg video on Thanksgiving day

thanksgiving day in G55 ///amg

Old 11-29-2013, 10:46 AM

Segway
Need more cops/cool people in general like that. I had a 80yr old man try to run me off the road yesterday then ask me if I want to fight lol.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Awesome police officer.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:52 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
That was awesome!
Old 11-29-2013, 12:26 PM

C63 Coupe
Great Video
Old 11-29-2013, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
Wow, that's just awesome!
Old 11-29-2013, 01:23 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
what a awesome cop, I got off lucky once too because the cop was drooling over my amg lol..funny how we just think it's "normal" but to others its like "OMG OMG"
Old 11-29-2013, 01:54 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 C63
Lol! Perks of having an AMG?

And did I hear right in the beginning? 80 is a 35??
Old 11-29-2013, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by lhoang
Nice
Old 11-29-2013, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 407 Likes on 289 Posts
'10 C63
Awesome cop. One night I got pulled over after this Honda wouldn't stop revving next to me. I eventually thought "okay, I'm going to crush your soul now." So when the light turned green, I launched the car with no wheelspin. He, unfortunately, dumped the clutch and peeled out, making it look like I peeled out. There was a cop hiding somewhere and chased after me. He pulled me over and asked me why I peeled out. I respectfully told him it wasn't me and that it was the Honda. He asked if that was me that raced off. I said yes but that I didn't peel out. And he said "alright. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I know sometimes you just gotta see what your ride can do..." As he's saying this, the Valentine 1 that I have forgotten to turn off starts to beep with increasing frequency. I don't think he noticed that. He let me go with a verbal warning. This is VA Beach! That just doesn't happen here. My two friends in the car and I were speechless.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe' '99' Audi A4 Avant Quattro 2.8 DD
Originally Posted by chrisridebike8
Awesome cop. One night I got pulled over after this Honda wouldn't stop revving next to me. I eventually thought "okay, I'm going to crush your soul now." So when the light turned green, I launched the car with no wheelspin. He, unfortunately, dumped the clutch and peeled out, making it look like I peeled out. There was a cop hiding somewhere and chased after me. He pulled me over and asked me why I peeled out. I respectfully told him it wasn't me and that it was the Honda. He asked if that was me that raced off. I said yes but that I didn't peel out. And he said "alright. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I know sometimes you just gotta see what your ride can do..." As he's saying this, the Valentine 1 that I have forgotten to turn off starts to beep with increasing frequency. I don't think he noticed that. He let me go with a verbal warning. This is VA Beach! That just doesn't happen here. My two friends in the car and I were speechless.
Aren't radar detectors illegal in Va,...& he didn't notice?
Old 11-30-2013, 08:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
Lucky man cool video

Thanks for sharing and nice car
Old 11-30-2013, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
Originally Posted by dremorg
Aren't radar detectors illegal in Va,...& he didn't notice?
They sure are! I have it mounted high on the windshield and hardwired. And the display is next to the sun shade button. RDs are illegal, but so is speeding. And anyone that says "why don't you just keep it at the track" doesn't know the draconian ways of VA. I got a ticket ON VETERANS' DAY for 65 in a 55 before. If they want to play dirty, I'll play dirty. And the penalty for a RD is pretty much the same as a burned out tail light. They don't confiscate or anything. They just put the serial number on the ticket...if they even notice that I have one.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
I always take my RD down in VA for fear of VG2 detection. Is that no longer a threat? Are you sure they can't (diff than don't) confiscate?
Old 11-30-2013, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
Originally Posted by rory breaker
I always take my RD down in VA for fear of VG2 detection. Is that no longer a threat? Are you sure they can't (diff than don't) confiscate?
VG2 is nothing compared to Sprectre IV+. And think about it...if a cop detects something on his Spectre gun, he still has to determine which car it is. By then you could have shut it off. It's not like when your RD goes off and you see a Crown Vic. And Spectre is not widely proliferated. I read somewhere that Spectre had shipped something like only 6 to VA. Most go to Canada where they WILL take your RD. In VA, if they confiscate your RD, you get it back on your court date, which is why they will never take it during the stop. Additionally, my V1 has arrows and if I am the only car on the road and get a signal from behind me, I won't hit the brakes. That's a dead giveaway that you have a RD. Be smart with it and it will save you. RDs are illegal in VA but the penalty for speeding far outweighs the penalty for a RD.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
You know he drove away muttering "100 grand for a car? You know he wasn't racing to a Black Friday sale".Good on ya that you took the time to blur him out. He was cool, so it would be a shame if he was to get in trouble for a Thanksgiving good deed.

I recently pulled a U turn on a decent sized street, only to notice out of the corner of my eye that there was a cop at a corner just a bit further down. He pulled out and headed my way. I drove a few blocks and then turned right towards my house. He followed. After a block or so I stopped and so did he. I said that I was stopping there because I was a block from home and if he was going to give me a ticket I would prefer he didn't do it in front of my house where my kids could see. He told me that he was just going to tell me that there was a speed trap just a ways down the road and he didn't want to see such a sweet car get pulled over. We ended up popping the hood and having a good chat.

Theres a lot of cops who if they weren't cops, they'd be in jail, they just picked the gang that flies the socially acceptable colors. But theres also a lot of regular guys who just like a job that gives them some excitement. Which is the same criteria we used when picking our cars.

Happy Turkey Day Weekend to our US friends. Remember to give thanks that we are in a position where we get things like AMGs, instead of just wondering what the hell they are or how anyone affords one. On our worst days we still know where are kids' next meals are coming from.

Now that we have that out of the way, lets go smoke some tires!!!