C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Gen 1 MHP headers are installed!!

Old 11-30-2013, 12:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ford svt's, and C63!!!
Gen 1 MHP headers are installed!!

Thank you Blown63 for shipping these out quickly, and thank you Eurocharged, for reflashing my Ecu for the headers and also shipping it back to me quickly as well!

Removing the stock pipes/cats was pretty easy, quite a few skid plates on these cars though. Removing the stock manifolds was a pita, as the top row of bolts that fasten the manifolds to the heads are hard to get to, and unlike the headers that you can actually access most of the upper bolts from under the car where there's more room.

Installing the headers themselves wasn't too bad other than the two front upper driver's side nuts that take probably close to a half hour each for me, lol. the collectors went on without any hassle, but I did have to bend the driver's side tube a bit so it wouldn't leave the resonator cocked up against the driver's side, but after some heat and crazy wrestling manuvers, they're in.

I reused the factory MLS header gaskets without a hint of a lead, and also reused the same nuts that retained the manifolds, wich was nice because both the factory gaskets and hardware are quality pieces. I also just extended the O2 sensors myself as I already have a lot of wire, solder, heat shrink, and outside wire insulation.

The only dilemma was the pipes leading into the resonator had to rest on the under-side aluminum crossbar, and let me tell you, that transferred ALOT of vibration/noise into the cabin, and really didn't realize just how much until after removing the cross-bar, now all I can say is the car sounds absolutely ALIVE, ELECTRIC, or just simply BAD-A$$, and the noise inside the car is un-noticeable until you start driving aggressively, then it just simply "comes to life".

I was a little skeptical during the install about the slip on collector leaking, but again, not even a hint of a leak. I love these headers, and although they're ALOT of money when you consider you can get virtually the same thing for an American car for less than half the amount, but on the other hand, I'm not sure a 50-70 thousand dollar car should go without headers because of a couple of grand either! I almost forgot, after having to remove the motor mount heat shields, I simply wrapped the tubes that go near the mounts with fiberglass header wrap, and should be just fine, we'll see.

I've heard a lot of negative stuff on these forums about MHP, it may be personal issues, or whatever, but I can say I love these headers, and would do it again. I recommend them to anyone wanting to release their C63's true inner beast!!!! Just give yourself plenty of time, and be patient, and take breaks when you start feeling frustrated, because when you finally go to hit the start button, it all become worthwhile in a matter of seconds!
Old 12-02-2013, 07:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 CLS63 S-AMG
Glad you enjoy them... I really miss them! Thanks for the easy and fast transaction!
Old 12-03-2013, 08:44 PM

ford svt's, and C63!!!
Originally Posted by Blown63
Glad you enjoy them... I really miss them! Thanks for the easy and fast transaction!
Thank you, I wish there was a "trader rating" on this site for the members, hint hint, moderators.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 429 Likes on 352 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Thanks for the write up on your header install and how much you like the sound performance. I am really looking forward to doing my install over the winter lay up. Enjoy!
Old 12-04-2013, 08:56 PM

ford svt's, and C63!!!
Originally Posted by Mort
Thanks for the write up on your header install and how much you like the sound performance. I am really looking forward to doing my install over the winter lay up. Enjoy!
Quite a bit of work, but worth it all when you finally get to turn the key, and hear that bad boy!