C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

'09 C63 -> Purge Valve Regulator failure?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG Steel Gray
'09 C63 -> Purge Valve Regulator failure?

I know about the common issues with the purge valve which seems as though it's an easy DIY fix, and warranty fix. But my CEL light came on yesterday, and being a CPO I brought it in to the stealership to figure out what was going on.

The car never reported any error messages or anything, just the CEL light on.

They had the car for about a day, and now I get a call back and they reported the purge valve needed to be replaced (warranty), but also that the purge vavle regulator needed to be replaced, which was not covered, and required removing the intake manifold, replacing all gaskets, and replacing the one-time-use bolts needed, and would ring up at a total of $750 for the repair.

I searched high and low and could not find anything on this forum regarding the purge valve regulator. Has anyone else experienced this?? Does $750 sound like the right price?

If not, are there any south Orange County (CA) residents that could recommend a 3rd party to do the work (at a garage you trust with AMGs) for a better price?

Thanks all,
-Jeff
Old 12-04-2013, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
What ODBII codes did they read?
Old 12-04-2013, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG Steel Gray
I don't have a reader, so I can't say for sure.

UPDATE: I had dismissed the additional repair, and stated it should be covered under the CPO warranty and if it's not then not to perform the work. The dealer called back 2 hours later and said that he talked with the service manager and they were able to get it covered by the warranty. Not sure what to think of that, but either way they are supposedly covering the repair.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:46 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS63S
I just replaced my intake manifold gaskets, that was no joke (very tedious and precise process), but Benzworks took care of me no problem and for about 1/4 the cost of the dealer. I still went to them even though I'm under warranty.